News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The BIG list of randomizers!!  (Read 88830 times)

SmashManiac

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!!
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:38 pm »
Thanks Kiyoshi Aman for the kind words! :)

About Final Fantasy V Ancient Cave, it took me a while to trace its original source, and once I found it I noticed that it didn't match the RHDN archive and moved on. After verification, the differences are not related to the data inside the compressed files themselves, so I changed the link to point to RHDN for convenience.

I also updated the link to the Gensokyo no Nazo randomizer - it now has a proper webpage and many new features!

New randomizers:
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (corruptor)
- Pokémon X & Y & Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire & Sun & Moon
- Zelda Classic (fangame) (randomizer quests)

Yes, this means that all main international Pokémon games released so far has randomizers. Pretty cool!

Speaking of Pokémon, I also found multiple random QR code generators designed for Pokémon Sun & Moon floating around the web, but those that I found so far have based their randomization on completely arbitrary patterns without any game-specific properties. As such, I am not including them.

And with that, the list now contains more than 100 unique games, and that's only counting official games! I never expected there would be so many when I started. Wow!

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 06:09:31 pm »
Now if only there was a randomizer for Crystalis... :crazy:
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

SmashManiac

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 06:52:29 pm »
If you want a randomizer that doesn't already exist, the best way is to make one. ;)

New randomizers:
- Metroid
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (roguelike)
- The Goonies II

I actually found two recent Metroid randomizers made within a month of each other.  I'm putting snarfblam's in the main list and Netsrotti's in the deprecated list, as it seems the only advantage of the latter over the former is an option to have duplicate upgrades.

Also, to complement the Hitman passive randomizers, I also found a bunch of nice passive randomizers hosted by Trysdyn (including a Four Job Fiesta generator available all year long) for the following games:
- Diablo II
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy VI
- Legend of Mana
- Romancing SaGa 2
- Shining Soul II
- Tales of Destiny
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Let me know what you guys think of these passive randomizers. I've put them in the main list, but do you guys think they should be in a separate list altogether? Also, do you think I should include Bingo cards?

Big thanks to Azkadellia for pinning this topic! 8)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:48:50 pm by SmashManiac »

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-02-04
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2017, 10:51:15 am »
I'm guessing that the FF3 Randomizer will work with the English translation of the game, I'll try it out when I get my fiances laptop tomorrow. 😂
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

m06

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »
Abyssonym started a Final Fantasy IV randomizer: https://github.com/abyssonym/beyond_babil

Version 1 was uploaded on 19. March 2017

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 01:15:57 am »
Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask are dead links  :(

SmashManiac

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 04:06:07 am »
Thanks m06! So now we have two Final Fantasy IV roguelikes? I wish abyssonym would have documented what's different with his version. In any case, I've added it to the list, and I'll keep the old one there too until I can figure out if it needs to be moved to the deprecated section or not.

I've also added a new Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow item randomizer, also by abyssonym!

By the way, there are two The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past randomizers floating around now. I've added the new one by Veetorp to the main list, and moved the old one by Dessyreqt to the deprecated section, because the latter has been seemingly abandoned and has been used as a base for the new one. It has many new features and bugfixes, so I highly recommend you check it out!

I also found a convenient HUD for that last randomizer that I've added alongside it that should be convenient for Twitch streamers. There's also a version for the Super Metroid item randomizer that I've also added.

As for the passive randomizers and bingos, what I've decided to do it to move them to a different page, and have the list on RHDN only for actual ROM hacks. I'll do this whenever I have the time.

Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask are dead links  :(
I'm assuming it's a temporary issue with forums.zeldaspeedruns.com, since the main website is still running normally and still links to it. I suggest you try again in a few days.

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Raidenthequick

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-03-31
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2017, 05:10:07 pm »
Greetings,

Great to see my Yoshi's Highland hack posted here!  :laugh:

I have another to contribute to this list, in the same spirit of being something a bit "different".

Mega Man 6 Weapon Randomizer
ASM code here

Motherfan101

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2017, 07:28:41 pm »
The Earthbound randomizer isn't up any more

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:03:23 pm by Motherfan101 »

PROTOBlues

• Why do I exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 08:51:37 pm »
The Mega Man III randomizer appears to cause a NES CPU jam.
If you like memes, shitpost, trash, and Mega Man then I'm your guy.

If not, no.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:47 pm »
I think "CPU Jam" was basically a certain emulator's term for "something in the ROM is corrupted and I can't figure out how to play it".
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

SmashManiac

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-06-24
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2017, 08:38:20 pm »
Randomizers added to the list:
- Dark Souls (times 3!!)
- Dark Souls II
- Dark Souls III
- Dragon Quest 1·2 (SNES)
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Final Fantasy V Advance
- Kirby's Adventure
- Legacy of the Wizard
- Mega Man 6
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Phantasy Star IV
- Super Mario Bros. (area shuffling)
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (enemies)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Other changes:
- Added link to A Link to the Past item randomizer resources
- Added OBLIGE add-on for Brutal Doom
- Fixed dead links to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask randomizers that were originally posted on forums.zeldaspeedruns.com

Note that I still didn't get the chance to update passive randomizers, like splitting them from the main list and adding these A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess HD bingos. Hopefully I will be able to do so soon.

Thanks to everyone who posted here and on the randomizer Discord channel!

By the way, you can watch replays for the recent A Link to the Past item randomizer tournament here! More than 200 matches total!

@Motherfan101: I can still download the EarthBound randomizer from my link. Please try again.
@PROTOBlues: The Mega Man 3 randomizer should work. Are you using the proper base ROM? I believe you need the Japanese version.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:46:38 pm by SmashManiac »

PROTOBlues

• Why do I exist?
    • View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-06-24
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2017, 04:31:56 pm »
@SmashManiac: That may well be the issue. I'll grab the Rockman III version and see if it functions.
If you like memes, shitpost, trash, and Mega Man then I'm your guy.

If not, no.

SmashManiac

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-06-28
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2017, 10:48:20 pm »
New randomizer added for:
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Artemis251

• View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-06-28
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2017, 09:51:21 pm »
Glad to see this list exists! I've been hooked on the LttP randomizer a ton in the past and wondered if anyone got around to doing other games. I can't believe how much my original idea of randomizing Pokemon Emerald has spread to so many other games!

Only thing I have to add is that my Pokemon Emerald and R/B randomizers aren't necessarily deprecated. The Universal Randomizer does handle most of what mine does, but mine do randomize palettes and handle a few things (like attack randomization) a bit differently. Granted, I don't mind mine being in that deprecated list, but it's a point of pride that makes me point things out I guess! :)

SmashManiac

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-06-30
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2017, 01:14:23 am »
Yeah, that was a tough call. I do realize your randomizers has some additional value to the universal Pokémon randomizer, but in the end I decided to put randomizers with minor unique differences as deprecated because it's extremely likely I would find minor unique differences all the time anyway. I did consider renaming "deprecated list" to "the-95%-supported-in-richer-randomizers-but-you-might-be-interested-in-that-remaining-5% list" though, but it doesn't sound as catchy. :)

Changes to the list:
- Added an entrance variant to the popular A Link To The Past item randomizer
- Minor labeling changes to remove some confusion

thepatrickinator

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2017, 10:22:24 am »
An interesting randomizer is the Final Fantasy 4 "Beyond Babil" Randomizer with fedorajoe's Playable Golbez patch. That way, we can see Golbez evolve from Zero to Hero.

SmashManiac

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2017, 11:51:17 pm »
An interesting randomizer is the Final Fantasy 4 "Beyond Babil" Randomizer with fedorajoe's Playable Golbez patch. That way, we can see Golbez evolve from Zero to Hero.
Beyond Babil is already on the list. Also, are you sure these hacks are actually compatible? It would surprise me considering their nature.

KitkatEmm

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 04:52:02 pm »
I can't get the Majora's Mask randomizer to work with Project 64. is there something i need to do to get it to be readable by it? :/