News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1155944 times)

Sharpshark

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5740 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34:46 am »
Can someone if could hack golden axe 2 to be playable through 6 game pad buttons? I'm a fan of six buttons and the reason that it doesn't really fixed when you hold the mode button while you turn on the game. Its working but it has control mapping problem. Like mode button is forward. And x. Y. Z are the other directions. This problem only found on the consoles. Not on the emulators.

So what im thinking. Is to hack those buttons and add some extra button orders for the x y z. Same like it does in street of rage 3 :)

also. there are more games that Incompatible for 6 button that might be interesting to improve and fix it's controlling.

1.Arch Rivals
2.Double Dragon II: The Revenge (there's a bit of input lag in 6-button mode)
3.The Faery Tale Adventure (Cursor for item selection at shop menu goes wild in 6-button mode)
4.Golden Axe II
5.Ms. Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-man controls badly in 6-button mode)
6.Sunset Riders (Can't access "2 Players" and "Versus" modes if both players are in 6-button mode)
7.King of the Monsters (requires an abnormally long press of the mode button in order to work)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: April 23, 2019, 10:08:04 am »
Like so many others, I regret the fact that this has been canceled:

And it was the other fact that fans were trying to do something similar but never heard from them again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGch2ZXU2ts
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:13:08 am by darthvaderx »

Candra Software

• I'm a thing of the past now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: April 23, 2019, 12:58:41 pm »
Speaking of King of the Monsters, I would like a ROM Hack of the SNES or Genesis version (preferably the latter, since that one is much more closer to the Neo Geo in terms of gameplay) where Woo and Poison Ghost are reinstated.

I would like a series of ROM Hacks inspired by the Roll-chan hacks, where in Doraemon games where you play as only Doraemon, you can play as Shizuka.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: April 23, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »
I would like to see hacks for Fire Pro Wrestling D, Z and Returns that will give you the ability to change all four costumes of a default wrestler instead of one costume.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: April 23, 2019, 02:47:13 pm »

To better match 'Earthbound Beginnigs' and 'Earthbound'.

(Or would Earthbound Advance be better?)

That would be excellent!