News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Picking up Final fantasy 6 again, which version should I play?  (Read 7096 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Picking up Final fantasy 6 again, which version should I play?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 10:26:35 am »
Not everyone hates on FFVI PC. I've got it, I've beaten it a couple times, and it's pretty sweet if you ask me. AutoBlitzing is actually quite convenient when you're running into mooks left and right and just want Sabin to Fire Dance them to death.
Cyan being on a separate meter was also a brilliant idea.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2016, 02:18:09 pm »
I wanted to wait on that Japanese-hack (T-Edition I think it is called?) to be in english, but alas I don't think that will ever happen. I recommend the GBA version due to the extra lengths people went to make it better now, but the trade-off is no FMVs, but that can be remedied from youtube before you play it, and after you play it. Actually I'm starting to like the ios edition somewhat now, but until the day someone replaces the battle menu back to classic mode. I can deal with the sprites, but hopefully somebody will get rid of those one day.

Honestly, this whole thing can be remedied if someone did a SNES or PSX edition with the new content (if it has enough room to do so), but at the same time that could have been done already, and I'm assuming there is a reason for it unfortunately.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:31:10 pm by Kallisto »

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 04:19:26 pm »
I began playing the Japanese version with fan translation on Retron 5 and on the Magitek Factory escaping from it I'm trying to get both both colors of Mag Roader but I'm always unlucky and have to reset and keep on resetting to get both color on the beast plans.

Why can't I get both colors. I have Edgar and Gau with Locke. So why ain't I'm lucky?

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 06:43:31 pm »
I began playing the Japanese version with fan translation on Retron 5 and on the Magitek Factory escaping from it I'm trying to get both both colors of Mag Roader but I'm always unlucky and have to reset and keep on resetting to get both color on the beast plans.

Why can't I get both colors. I have Edgar and Gau with Locke. So why ain't I'm lucky?

Normal behavior for Final Fantasy VI. Both colors will only appear if Sabin is in the party, I think, and in Slot 1. Gau being in or out of the party has something to do with it as well, but I don't know the exact details. Here, read through this a bit, maybe it will help:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/554041-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/13573
Yamero~~!

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 09:30:10 pm »
So Sabin must be with Locke. Okay but do I have to be at a lower level? You know that I'm required to be good and strong.

Because if I have Locke at level 5 I'll get my ass kicked okay?

September 06, 2016, 07:52:59 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Please stop ignoring me. I just want to get Gau prepared and going unprepared is not my style.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:52:59 am by deadlyblossom »