News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES Mega Man X Series Information  (Read 1261 times)

Stone of Light

• View Profile
SNES Mega Man X Series Information
« on: June 19, 2016, 03:41:16 pm »
I'm a beginner ROM hacker looking for some information about hacking these titles. I've looked around for ROM and RAM maps but most of the ones I've found are severly lacking. Basically, I wanted to see if anyone had any notes that they could share about these games' assembly code. I downloaded SNES9X with the debugging tools and am going to experiment and see what I can figure out myself but I figured that it would help to have some information to start with and to build on that.

tvtoon

• View Profile
Re: SNES Mega Man X Series Information
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:31:35 pm »
At the main site, there are level editors and a disassembly for Mega Man X. At the forums, you can search many threads for information, as there are plenty here.

I am planning to do some text (tables and stuff) information anytime soon. ;)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:28:29 pm »
Not to stray from this topic much, but is there any site or anyway we could upload logs and have a way to freely modify them as they get updated for games including Mega Man X?  I have more logs than anything that doesn't exactly specify easily modifiable data but it's definitely good to have around for the more ASM wise people.

Also the links in that are dead :(  Which is why I think we need SOME place to upload disassembly logs and such.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

tvtoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
Damn, I didn't read enough and also wanted that stuff. :( The good thing is that the level editor contains lots of information.

I think it is better to dump all those inside the Documents section.

Stone of Light

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:51:56 pm »
What I'd like to do is create and maintain a pastebin account and create a separate document for each subroutine. Then use the Wiki ROM map page to index them. I could share the password to the account with the people on these forums who want to contribute to the documents.

renicito

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »
Hi all, it is a good idea to put everything about MegaMan X on this page, good as it is ready and so empty that this would be an option ...

http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Mega_Man_X