News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Project Castlevania: Choir of Redemption (CV DoS & PoR portraits hack)  (Read 121782 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: Project Castlevania: Choir of Redemption (CV DoS & PoR portraits hack)
« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2020, 01:46:38 pm »
I knew I should have checked Loretta's portraits as well to avoid the same issue with her as with Stella.
But oh well :P

Anyway, update has been sent to the queue. :)
Should be updated in a few, check out the newest version.
Hopefully that should be the very last issue. ;D

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2020, 01:50:38 pm »
So what you guys gonna do, since the hacks are over. You gonna go back for extra pics for DOS?

UndergroundWater

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2020, 07:44:22 pm »
For Portait of Ruin could there be a version of the patch that is compatible with the European release of the game? The European version fixed a bug where you could be locked in Death's room.
https://tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Portrait_of_Ruin#Glitch_Fixes

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2020, 04:42:08 pm »
Did this mod by any chance fix the "RICHITER" typo ?
"CHAROTTE" is still unchanged

Also, great job on finishing the project

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2020, 04:45:43 pm »
For Portait of Ruin could there be a version of the patch that is compatible with the European release of the game? The European version fixed a bug where you could be locked in Death's room.

Mmmm it might be worth the try.
I know the portraits can be found, but I'm not sure how much the palette addresses have changed, so that might pose an issue.
Give me until next week so I can fix my Linux PC I use for hacking, then I'll let you know if it's possible.

Did this mod by any chance fix the "RICHITER" typo ?
"CHAROTTE" is still unchanged

Also, great job on finishing the project

Ah yeah.
Actually I did fix the RICHITER typo myself when I was going through the ROM searching for the Mini/Menu portraits.
I might have overlooked the CHAROTTE one, could you please remind me where that typo appears, please?

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2020, 04:51:01 pm »
Certainly, "CHAROTTE" appears on the equipment menu.

If using DSVania Editor: Charotte is in /sc/f_equipob0.dat with palette 022C2C5C, and you need to check the one dimensional mode checkbox. (Thanks to LagoLunatic for pointing it out)

Zierrion

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2020, 10:01:35 am »
Hi, just checked and confirmed ending scene Loretta and Stella portraits are displaying correctly now  :)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 30, 2020, 01:51:17 pm »
Sorry for the REALLYYYYY long delay.
I had a lot of work lately, and the fact that my computer where I hack was borked for almost two weeks didn't help at all.

With that said, I managed to fix both the Richiter/Richter and Charotte/Charlotte typos in the game, included them into the latest 1.3.1 version of Portrait of Elegance :)
I already sent the submission, it should be up in a few hours!

Going back to this, I did manage to find a copy of the European version, and it is certainly possible to port everything over to the European ROM.
The only problem is that all of the sprites and palettes are moved in the ROM, so that would require completely relocating and finding them all again.

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 30, 2020, 05:35:24 pm »
Good work, i notice the text in the main menu changed color was this intentional ?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 30, 2020, 05:42:46 pm »
Good work, i notice the text in the main menu changed color was this intentional ?

What patch are you using?
Main or combined with SotN Death?

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2020, 07:21:15 pm »
Main only

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 31, 2020, 11:33:40 am »
Main only

Damn, I checked my files and indeed, I screwed up the color of the letters for that part, but only in the main patch, not the SotN Death one lol
Let's see how many times I can keep fucking up the slightest of things before we can settle for a final patch :P

Anyway, update v1.3.2 has been sent to the submission queue, check it out in a few hours once it's live!

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 01, 2020, 12:37:41 pm »

Sorry, but there's still a few problems the NEW GAME and SELECT DATA texts have the wrong color

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2020, 11:00:18 am »
Yet another instance of me being a dummy and not double-checking.
Indeed, those two things had the wrong colours when I changed them.
I am not sure why that happened, but I have now checked with Desmume before sending the patch to be sure they now appear properly, and they should now do.

Submission has been sent, v1.3.3 should be up in a few hours :)

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #494 on: February 05, 2020, 03:22:46 pm »
So what's next for the project, are the Harmony of Despair and Grimoire of Souls portraits going to be added to Dawn of Dignity?
"You got whacked, 'cuz you're weak." -Magus

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:40 pm »
So what's next for the project, are the Harmony of Despair and Grimoire of Souls portraits going to be added to Dawn of Dignity?
For Dawn of Sorrow's hack?
I think Dawn of Dignity is at a pretty good state, even after the dumps of Grimoire of Souls.
If at all, I believe GoS only has very few portraits for Alucard/Arikado, and a few for Soma.
There's not much that can be done with those regarding DoS from the rips, so it will most likely stay that way.

Shahriar Ahmet

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2020, 12:37:41 am »
Stella's new portrait kind of sucks.Its probably the only complaint I have about the hack.You don't have a better one?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 01:17:02 am by Shahriar Ahmet »

SCO

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2020, 04:06:35 pm »
If you're talking about the sepia one it's because the 'new' bun is not symmetric (slightly above the other)or shaped like a regular oval with a slopping curve on top like the other with a concave bit on the side - it may also be very slightly too big for the perspective/in comparison with the other. I applaud the attempt to disguise the lack of fine details with shadow and parts of the hair being lighter, like a weak light reflection on the air, though the remaining 'outline border' from the original now seems a bit out of place since that part of the hair would pulled back to form the bun (like on the other side) and it's kind of weird to have that halo (which happens with a source of light from 'behind') with the hair i front of the bun being affected but not the bun.

If you're talking about the color portrait, i think that's because there simply aren't more source portraits - someone would  have to do a Kojima work before pixelazing it, preferably more than one, as the bug of the dev himself being confused about if she was supposed to be a vampire or not in a 'emotional' scene shows (it was using the same languid portrait, which is the only one).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:16:33 pm by SCO »

Shahriar Ahmet

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2020, 06:27:24 am »
The sepia one with their father is great.I'm talking about the colour portraits.The Lecarde sisters colour portraits,stella's in perticular are the only things that feels off in this mod.Its understandable if there are no better ones available.Still a shame though since the mod is pretty much perfect except those flaws.

I hope Stella and Loretta gets added as characters in the Grimoire of Souls soon and the developer can use those.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:56:16 am by Shahriar Ahmet »