News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Project Castlevania: Choir of Redemption (CV DoS & PoR portraits hack)  (Read 168727 times)

JohannGralog

• View Profile
Re: Project Castlevania: Choir of Redemption (CV DoS & PoR portraits hack)
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2016, 01:44:44 pm »
I didn't notice Mad Soma didn't have the necklace, so I decided to add it, and also I wanted to give it a try too with the face you did because the eyes look amazing. :P

I left it out on purpose, since I assumed the necklace was Mina’s talisman. But since he’s also wearing it before then, it doesn’t matter much, I guess.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »

That looks great!

Mine started out similar to that, but then I tried to change the pose a bit, making him slouch down as he does both in AoS and his anime counterpart in DoS. I guess it didn't work that well.

I gotta go back to my own stuff for now, see you again in a week or so, I guess I'll tackle Daario next.

pd: It would be nice to try another patch with the latest portraits, maybe some more stuff to fix come up... (just don't make it public yet  :laugh:)
pd2: If for whatever reason you run out of things to do before all portraits are completed, maybe take a look at PoR's hacking side of the work?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
That looks great!

Mine started out similar to that, but then I tried to change the pose a bit, making him slouch down as he does both in AoS and his anime counterpart in DoS. I guess it didn't work that well.

I gotta go back to my own stuff for now, see you again in a week or so, I guess I'll tackle Daario next.

pd: It would be nice to try another patch with the latest portraits, maybe some more stuff to fix come up... (just don't make it public yet  :laugh:)
pd2: If for whatever reason you run out of things to do before all portraits are completed, maybe take a look at PoR's hacking side of the work?
Thanks!
Then I'll use this one for the new Mad Soma portraits. :)
Thanks for your work on the face of it, looks really nice and much better than before!

As for your second edit, PoR's hacking is exactly the same as that of DoS.
The exact same steps are done to overwrite the portraits in PoR as I'm doing it with DoS, it's just a matter of having the portraits to start tackling PoR at the moment.
I'd want to finish the static portraits hack of DoS first, release that patch, and then move on to PoR.

Portrait of Ruin is sure gonna be a lot more of work due to the lack of official artwork for its characters.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2016, 01:48:31 pm »
I don't really mind you guys keeping the builds private. I'm more anxious about seeing the final version than prototype versions. Time is limited and I only wanna play through it once. When I get an R4 next month I think I'll try to beat DOS when you guys release the hack officially, with reaction photos and stuff.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2016, 04:20:23 pm »
Oh my... No!
I'm not doing private builds nor sharing them at all.

If that were the case, I would only share the private builds with Azulo and/or Johann, since they are the ones who are mostly involved in the project at the moment.
Last thing I want is people asking me through PM for private build's links. xD

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
Actually, by "not public yet" I just meant "keep it in this thread"...  as opposed to submitting it as a release to this website for the general public before it's finished and we're all satisfied with it. You know, just like the previous patch.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2016, 05:14:20 pm »
Actually, by "not public yet" I just meant "keep it in this thread"...  as opposed to submitting it as a release to this website for the general public before it's finished and we're all satisfied with it. You know, just like the previous patch.
Ah got it. Innocent misunderstanding :P

JohannGralog

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2016, 05:24:39 pm »

It’s been a long week and it’s rather late here, so perhaps I won’t even like what I did when I am properly rested tomorrow. But here’s a revised Julius.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2016, 06:28:21 pm »
That's a good version too. You really made it fit in with the other pictures now.

JohannGralog

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2016, 08:15:38 am »
Preliminary planning for Portrait of Ruin

Charlotte and Jonathan:

Dracula:
The closest we have is his Dracula X Chronicles artwork, which also has him with black hair. The cape on his sprite is slightly different, but we can work with this.

Death:
Death has a very strange redesign here, only his skull might be reused from an older portrait.

Eric Lecarde:
Very different from his original design, but neither design got a Kojima version. There’s also the radically different Judgment design, and a fan artist created a Kojima version of that, but it wouldn’t fit this game either.

This is the official wallpaper, which might be of some use:

Stella and Loretta:
There’s this, but it’s not coloured in.

Brauner and Vincent:
Nothing for these two. Requires new artwork.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:35:12 am by JohannGralog »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 08:20:35 am »
The Stellla and Loretta link don't work.

JohannGralog

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2016, 08:35:35 am »
The Stellla and Loretta link don't work.
Seems to be something to block hotlinking. I replaced it with another link.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:45 pm »
Oh wow those are some really good images!

For Eric I found this:

Removing Alucard from the backgroud and recolouring him might give us the perfect portrait for him.

There's one I found for Vincent:

And Brauner:

And I found one Jonathan artwork that I really liked:

Dracula's:

That's the best I could find.
Brauner and Vincent are the ones who seem to be lacking proper artwork that could be used for te project, but out of that I think the rest are okay.
The Stella & Loretta image is perfect, it just needs recolouring and reworking Loretta's right side of her face to ditch the arm and have her full face shown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, @Johann, regarding Soma's portrait in DoS and his necklace.
The original normal Soma and Mad Soma portraits for DoS doesn't seem to have the necklace visible at any times, so I was thinking in ditching the nacklace altogether from both portraits, what do you think?
I thought of that to keep consistency between the portraits and not screw up since the Mad Soma portrait will also show up during Julius Mode, and it seems odd that normal Soma has the necklace in one image and when he turns he doesn't anymore. :P
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:09:05 pm by ShadowOne333 »

JohannGralog

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2016, 01:16:03 pm »
Also, @Johann, regarding Soma's portrait in DoS and his necklace.
The original normal Soma and Mad Soma portraits for DoS doesn't seem to have the necklace visible at any times, so I was thinking in ditching the nacklace altogether from both portraits, what do you think?
I thought of that to keep consistency between the portraits and not screw up since the Mad Soma portrait will also show up during Julius Mode, and it seems odd that normal Soma has the necklace in one image and when he turns he doesn't anymore. :P
Yeah, ditching it makes sense. Unless you manage to find how portraits are shown, and we can show a necklaced portrait from that one scene onwards. :p

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2016, 02:03:07 pm »
You guys saw how dark Soma's shirt was in AOS right? Shouldn't you make it dark to make it consistant?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »
You guys saw how dark Soma's shirt was in AOS right? Shouldn't you make it dark to make it consistant?

That's not his shirt.
It's some kind of scarf that he had in Aria of Sorrow.
Dawn of Sorro's clothing design ditched the scarf for a normal kind of white coat.
The overall design of the coat seems to be the same between the two, except for the scarf in AoS only.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »
The black shirt in the middle I meant, not the coat. Also, now that I look at it, the Alucard image is a little too zoomed in. The other pics show a bit of their body.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2016, 07:08:38 am »
Once again, Romhacking seems to not notify me, while I have turned it on for this thread.
What happened here?
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:12 am »
Suprised it's been a while since there's been an update. You guys were really on fire with the updates for a while there.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »
Suprised it's been a while since there's been an update. You guys were really on fire with the updates for a while there.
As for me, I'm still in, I just haven't had the time to keep working on this yet.
No rush...