News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Why there are no ISS Deluxe (Snes rom) game or hacks in the page?  (Read 2514 times)

salvadorc17

• View Profile
Hi, just was wondering why there are no listed hacks or utilities or other things for this great snes game... So anyone of you havent played International SuperStar Soccer Deluxe??

dougeff

• View Profile
Re: Why there are no ISS Deluxe (Snes rom) game or hacks in the page?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 05:42:55 pm »
Is this a request thread? And, I've never heard of that game. Maybe it's not as popular as you remember.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:33 pm »
Is this a request thread? And, I've never heard of that game. Maybe it's not as popular as you remember.

Though I am likely as you to question the merits I would say this is probably not a request thread per se. The SNES version was a Konami developed football (soccer if you prefer) and something of a precursor to pro evolution soccer/winning eleven which was one of the big two football games during the PS1/PS2 era along with fifa.

Anyway much like sports games in charity shops/thrift stores nobody much cares about them in hacking land either, save perhaps for some wrestling games and the NES Tecmo games. To that end not many people will even bother to document them, much less build tools for them. We occasionally see people wander by wanting to do roster updates and the like and they make for fine "learning to hack" projects (bit of text, bit of graphics, bit of stats, maybe a light intro to assembly hacking techniques... wonderful stuff) if that is what you wanted to do. As most things that will trip you up are fairly basic to push through you can probably get help more easily than the ones trying to do a fairly big translation right off the bat.

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:59 pm »
Is just a question to know why the hacks that you can found in the web for the game havent been published here, maybe i tought were removed. Also there are hacking tools for it, but doesnt worry, ill post some if needed..

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:42:49 pm »
Just so you guys know ISS Deluxe is a soccer game. International Superstar Soccer Deluxe. I had to look it up too.

Corvo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 04:42:16 am »
ISS had a huge hacking scene in Latin America back in the '90s, I guess that's what the topic creator is talking about. From Campeonato Brasileiro '96 (ISS), Campeonato Argentino (ISS) to Campeonato Brasileiro '98 (ISS Deluxe), we had a lot of those hacks back in the day, so much that some people didn't even know the original games. If you try to download the original ROMs from a fullset, you'll probably get all those hacks in the same pack.

Also, hacking for Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven was so extensive back in the PS1/PS2 days that there are still releases nowadays, where they've swapped the whole narration with a Portuguese/Spanish narration, made every national league and so on. They have a pretty good set of tools for this too.

Another modding scene that's still very active is for Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2). They just released the Dragon Ball Super characters.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 08:23:23 am »
Really, you should submit the hacks to the site yourself. Don't expect other people to do it. Everyone's gotta do their part. You could even write part of the description in your own language.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 11:10:26 am »
I think we might've stopped accepting new patches with unknown authors.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 12:15:30 pm »
I think we might've stopped accepting new patches with unknown authors.

Does unknow authors means people not register on forums?? just want to know to be sure if will be good to upload the hacks with authors not from the page.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »
It means we don't know who made the hack, regardless of whether they are on the forum or not.

We can submit hacks from people who aren't on the forum (as long as the author doesn't say it's not allowed to re-post), as long as we know the name of the person/group to credit.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 10:52:40 am »
I have submitted a hack patch just remade by myself for the game, can you confirm it has been uploaded or not, i cant find it?

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 11:12:53 am »
When a hack/utility/etc. is submitted by a user it will first go to the submission queue. Then it will be placed in the proper section on the main site once it has been approved.