News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love translation project  (Read 4635 times)

joesteve1914

• View Profile
    • Ripening Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love translation project
Re: Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love translation project
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:37 pm »
That's a bummer =(

Could d-pad controls be hacked back in? I played Phantom Hourglass with an AR code that did it, but it really was very hacky. It just put the fairy at the very edge of the screen, so movement wasn't quite as precise as it could be.

Awesome to see this getting translated, though. I still need to beat the first game. Working through Spirit Tracks at the moment, CHOO CHOO.

Due to the nature of the game, this wouldn't work. It's controls are completely different than Rosy Rupeeland.

BTW someone redid the PH dpad hack and made one for ST and they're really good -
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2235/
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2248/

Asaki

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 01:38:07 am »
I'm going to have to try those. I saw them before, but I just assumed they were the same as the AR codes.

joesteve1914

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 12:10:40 pm »
We have some exciting news!

The first patch is slated for a release in December 2017! (or next month, wow it's already november?)

The patch will be labeled as a beta since we're not confident in our ability to find every typo/bug ourselves, but it will be completely translated in English and be playable from beginning to end.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:12 pm »
May I suggest not to use "beta" for versioning? It usually means something else. If it's completely translated it's complete, doesn't really matter if there are typos, you can always increase later revision number and ask for people contribution in the meantime.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

joesteve1914

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 01:33:16 pm »
May I suggest not to use "beta" for versioning? It usually means something else. If it's completely translated it's complete, doesn't really matter if there are typos, you can always increase later revision number and ask for people contribution in the meantime.
Hmm, if "beta" isn't usually used for complete translations in romhacking then I guess we'll stick with regular version numbers. Thanks for the suggestion!

LargoLaGrande

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 11:00:43 am »
Small update -

I'm excited and proud to announce that the first draft of the translated script is nearly complete! This is thanks to the hard work and amazing dedication of our translator, waldrumpus, in these last few months.

Wow, I'm amazed someone is about to tackle this niche game already. And is especially this far in the project.
Thanks Man, and thanks to waldrumps. A release this year would be sick! But take your time guys... don't get burned out :P