News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Another Cartographer Issue *SOLVED*  (Read 1358 times)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Another Cartographer Issue *SOLVED*
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:37:24 am »
I'm dumping the Techniques and such now in Sailor Moon: Another Story and all's fine and dandy for the most part.  It continually crashes on one specific pointer down the line and I for the life of me cannot figure out why.  There's various pointers that lead to nothing but empty data, and this one is no exception at all, but it just crashes every single time once it hits this specific pointer but everything else BEFORE hand dumps just fine.

Would there be any reason for this?  It dumps perfect up until that one point then it just crashes for god knows what reason.

Code: [Select]
#W24($3C784)
タイム◦ストップ   <END>

//POINTER #43 @ $3C787 - STRING #43 @ $7E591

#W24($3C787)
<END>

//POINTER

It's this last one it breaks at.  It's no different from any of the other pointers in pointer wise or even text wise, yet it just breaks at this point for some reason.

Edit: I'm an idiot.  I didn't look closely enough at the pointers.  After a certain point it turned into 2-byte pointers and it'd cause the crash.  No actual problem, just me overlooking the obvious as per usual!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:09:41 am by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'