News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario The Galactic Journey RELEASED!!!  (Read 1546 times)

Fares242

• View Profile
Super Mario The Galactic Journey RELEASED!!!
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:22:10 pm »
Release of my sm64 major hack "Super Mario The Galactic Journey"!!!

Release Trailer:
https://youtu.be/_vDpR31kK28

Enjoy the game!
 ;)

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario The Galactic Journey RELEASED!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 01:41:54 pm »
Congratulations on the release.  A full SM64 hack is impressive.  I've been considering getting a N64 flash cart, this would be great for that.  I think the only thing that could be something for you to work on (for future updates if you plan on any) is that the level design looks to be pretty spread out, the result could be the feeling that you're "forever running" all of the time to get anywhere, or that the levels have a general empty feeling to them.  Maybe there's a way to scale the level design down through some automated process (if the scale is in fact an issue). 

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • Return of the Dark Sorcerer
Re: Super Mario The Galactic Journey RELEASED!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 02:18:54 pm »
Could you make a patch and upload it to this site perhaps? The link you've posted has a link to a pre-patched ROM in the Youtube description, which I believe is against the rules. It would make sense to submit your hack here and generate a news article for it that will appear on the front page as it will draw that much more attention to it, which is well deserved. Awesome hack btw! Gonna enjoy this, it looks very diverse and well done. :)
The end comes...beyond darkness.