News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Submit patches to other users' hacks? (Dragon Quest 1&2 SFC)  (Read 6371 times)

eyeball226

• View Profile
Re: Submit patches to other users' hacks? (Dragon Quest 1&2 SFC)
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 12:53:18 pm »
Don't worry about it, no one is complaining it's not hosted here and I understand the issue perfectly. I was just posting because your own link was dead, thanks for reposting it!

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
If hosting this patch requires users to take the following steps:
  • Add a copier header to the original Japanese ROM. (hard)
  • Apply RPGOne's translation. (easy)
  • Remove the copier header. (hard)
  • Apply mteam's Title Screen fix. (easy)
  • Apply hex_usr's Beran Inn bugfix. (easy)
...then I'm not willing to comply. I have nothing against anti-plagiarism in general, but in this specific case, it is a convenience problem. Copier headers cause so many problems while solving 0 problems. If the original RPGOne translation is re-hosted without a copier header requirement, then I might be willing to reconsider because it would only be 3 easy steps instead of 5 harder steps. But that will never happen, because RPGOne no longer exists and would be incapable of giving permission. So we're at a standstill.
Wouldn't... wouldn't people just be able to use TUSH? It's as easy as pressing a button... literally.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

dejan07

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »
No ROM requests.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:24:34 pm by KingMike »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »
It's not hard.
Download the patch in the previous post.
Download beat
Run beat and follow the instructions to apply it to a headerless Japanese ROM.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:32 am »
I thought I'd come back to elaborate on the missing link.

Mega restructured their website last year or early this year (not sure exactly when), and every single one of their old links all went dead simultaneously. All of my files are still intact, but they now have new links instead.

Dragon Quest I & II RPGOne Beran Inn Bugfix can now be downloaded here instead. Just like before, it should be applied to the original Japanese ROM.

This patch will never be hosted on ROMHacking.net. The anti-plagiarism policies here are actively working against my efforts to reduce inconveniences for users. I took a long exile from making posts here because of it, and only now decided to come back because someone complained that the patch was taken down. Despite this, I still stand by my policy even now.

I did send a private message to mziab giving him full rights to host the patch... but he seems to have not done so. I will respect his choice and not bother him about it again.

If hosting this patch requires users to take the following steps:
  • Add a copier header to the original Japanese ROM. (hard)
  • Apply RPGOne's translation. (easy)
  • Remove the copier header. (hard)
  • Apply mteam's Title Screen fix. (easy)
  • Apply hex_usr's Beran Inn bugfix. (easy)
...then I'm not willing to comply. I have nothing against anti-plagiarism in general, but in this specific case, it is a convenience problem. Copier headers cause so many problems while solving 0 problems. If the original RPGOne translation is re-hosted without a copier header requirement, then I might be willing to reconsider because it would only be 3 easy steps instead of 5 harder steps. But that will never happen, because RPGOne no longer exists and would be incapable of giving permission. So we're at a standstill.

At present, all those steps are theoretically allowed here. The submission guidelines don't have a convenience policy.

Edit: getting a bit ahead of myself.