News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The HD Mini-NES is a thing.  (Read 36000 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: The HD Mini-NES is a thing.
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2016, 05:01:38 pm »
Maybe they'll fix it in the next run of units?
Well, you know what the Ferengi say: "Anything worth selling is worth selling twice."

stuffgnome

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2016, 08:54:36 pm »
Well, you know what the Ferengi say: "Anything worth selling is worth selling twice."

Ah yes, Nintendo, "They're greedy, misogynistic, untrustworthy little trolls, and I wouldn't turn my back on one of them for a second... But once you accept that, you'll find they can be a lot of fun."

A.D.R.I.A.N

• View Profile
"I hate when mods don't let you ask for help."

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2017, 12:38:34 am »
I have a PC that can do it, a PSP & a Vita that can and a Wii that can. A phone that can too (but with awful touch screen controls).
I don't need this, but more power to those that do.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2017, 12:58:58 am »
I have a PC that can do it, a PSP & a Vita that can and a Wii that can. A phone that can too (but with awful touch screen controls).
I don't need this, but more power to those that do.

Yeah, this thing is pure novelty.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2017, 09:40:49 am »
I looked on Amazon over the last few days and it seems the average resell price has dropped $60 or so. Now you can get one for merely $125 rather than $185  :laugh:

I might still pick one up once I can find it for the actual msrp of $59.99, but I refuse to reward the price gougers.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2017, 10:14:02 am »
Nintendo, you conditioned us to like small cute things as children

Now you are selling the weird redesign of the device you used to do it in a small, cute form.

...I really think I'd rather learn how to play Hanafuda, or whatever game Hanafuda cards are used to play? Didn't Nintendo used to make Hanafuda cards?

...This is like, advanced level Pavlovian salesmanship of some Guinness World Record.
Yamero~~!

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »
Well, it had to happen:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/hackers_apparently_add_additional_games_to_nes_mini

I did that with mine. Added in a bunch of games that were far more worthy, including a few choice hacks. Loads of fun!

A.D.R.I.A.N

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2017, 10:58:00 pm »
It's no surprise at this point, but somebody forced the NES Classic to run Retroarch, giving it the ability to run other system's games, ranging from SNES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, and even N64:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/nes-classic-game-boy-genesis/
I'm already sastisfied with just NES games on the system (even ones you unofficialy add), making it run Retroarch it's overdoing it, and kinda ruins the charm of it.
"I hate when mods don't let you ask for help."

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2017, 01:07:56 am »
It's no surprise at this point, but somebody forced the NES Classic to run Retroarch, giving it the ability to run other system's games, ranging from SNES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, and even N64:
I'm already sastisfied with just NES games on the system (even ones you unofficialy add), making it run Retroarch it's overdoing it, and kinda ruins the charm of it.

Weren't there times when Tetris and Doom and Pacman were being ported to every darn thing that accepts electricity or something? Port-overdosed software yeah...

RetroArch is one of those. When will they stop porting it? They may as well make the welcome message in the next version "I am Locutus of Borg. Your life as you have known it is over. From this moment forward, you will service us."

^_^ Gosh I'm such a dork.
Yamero~~!

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:44 am »

Might try this, just for giggles. Seems like it could be fun!

Totally understandable. Kind of agree with you as well.