logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Final Fantasy III English Translation for NES (FFIII: Refurbished)  (Read 14120 times)

John Enigma

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy III English Translation for NES (FFIII: Refurbished)
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »
I wonder if there are more bugfixes in this translation.

Hell, I wonder if @Chaos Rush is still here.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2016, 03:33:33 pm »
To my understanding, he said that he was going to be away in school so he wouldn't be able to look at anything until his next break.

Duke2go

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Reconstructed
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2016, 04:10:22 am »
This is very interesting, especially since I've had a few people ask me to do a "Reconstructed" version of FFII and III FC. I didn't have time to really read through all of the previous pages, but I bookmarked the thread so I can later. Need to convince Disch to do a FFHackster for II and III also. Although iirc he was working on a beefed up version that would be compatible with a number of games, not just Final Fantasy. Definitely interested in seeing more of this one.  :thumbsup:
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
I have been holding off patching my FFIIIJ until this is completed.

I loved the FFII Refurbished that he did and hope that in time this one gets completed too.

What I would like to see some one do someday also is edit the save slots screen after the prologue and put all 4 slots down at the bottom. Then add a crystal font title at the top. Very much like someone had done for the First Final Fantasy.
Where the title screen flickers as if the font was made out of crystal.

But that sounds like a lot of work.
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:54 am »
Well from what I understand is that the mapper change expanded the ROM size allowed Chaos Rush to have enough space for the script. The problem is the mapper change causes the multiply bug. I read earlier in the thread that there is a possibility of compressing the script to fix that issue. If that could be done, everything could fit without any problems. At least we hope so.

NeonsSreetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2017, 06:48:03 pm »
I'm so impressed with Final Fantasy II: Refurbished. After playing it, I was hoping there would be a similar project for Final Fantasy III and am excited to find this now! Very disappointed to find I can't play it on console though. If anyone wants to take up condensing it, I think a lot of fans of the series would be grateful to really experience the original as we could have if it were ever given a North American release back then. Either way, thanks for your work on these projects, Chaos Rush!

Kea

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2017, 10:57:11 am »
The multiply bug is my fault; I missed that while trying to root out all the instances of IRQ effects in FF3. If somebody has a save file or savestate near a place with splitting enemies I can look into it in the next couple of days.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
The multiply bug is my fault; I missed that while trying to root out all the instances of IRQ effects in FF3. If somebody has a save file or savestate near a place with splitting enemies I can look into it in the next couple of days.

I'll PM you with one when I get home.

Chaos Rush

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2017, 01:54:28 pm »
Hi everyone, I apologize for disappearing for months and not being able to take care of the bug. I've been quite busy with college and I honestly don't know when I'll have time to take care of it, as school is my number one priority. Regardless of that, I will look into it soon, I'm just not sure when. (Also Kea if you find the fix be sure to PM me so I can get it in the next version).

A.D.R.I.A.N

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:36 pm »
Welcome back Chaos Rush!
And don't worry, we all know that school keeps us all busy  :P.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2017, 05:06:00 pm »
I've been there. When I was in college (the first run anyway), it felt like I didn't have time for anything... and I still did pretty badly, heh.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
I hope Kea can fix the multiply bug. Welcome back Chaos Rush.