News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 11585 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 03:56:32 pm »
I'm sorry vortex, but you need to learn how to read. Your post makes all sorts of assumptions that show that you didn't completely understand what you were reading or totally missed the point behind it.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »
I'm sorry vortex, but you need to learn how to read. Your post makes all sorts of assumptions that show that you didn't completely understand what you were reading or totally missed the point behind it.

I guess in Vortex's case, it's a case of "remove all doubt", I guess.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
I guess in Vortex's case, it's a case of "remove all doubt", I guess.

I should have taken more time to respond to him but I was in a hurry. Calling him (or suggesting that he was) an asshole before that was probably counter-productive though. Jerk probably would have been a little more appropriate. Either way, it seems pretty obvious to me that he has some sort of irrational fear or hatred of people that are not strictly male or female. Some people are born as not necessarily one or the other. If he thinks that's disgusting enough that he wants to vomit his hate all over the net then I kind of pity him.

Just for the record, if it isn't already clear... While I find the motives behind the attack helicopter hack questionable (pure trolling) the hack concept by itself is funny/cool and I therefore approve (not that anyone needs my apporoval).

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 07:20:21 pm »
Ah the never ending posts of the Insulted users by a specific hack.
Don't stop, guys, you always amuse me. :^)

Spoiler:
Stop bitching you little shits

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 07:23:06 pm »
Either way, it seems pretty obvious to me that he has some sort of irrational fear or hatred of people that are not strictly male or female. Some people are born as not necessarily one or the other. If he thinks that's disgusting enough that he wants to vomit his hate all over the net then I kind of pity him.
A lot of people do... People tend to call these people "conservatives" because they want to keep the world and society at the same state that they grew up in, in other words... conserve...

Just for the record, if it isn't already clear... While I find the motives behind the attack helicopter hack questionable (pure trolling) the hack concept by itself is funny/cool and I therefore approve (not that anyone needs my apporoval).
The hack alludes to the meme ... "I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter"

Accordng to "know your meme"...
It parodies absurd gender and sexual identification posts often found on forums like tumblr exploring the topic by including references to social justice terms like check your privilege.

I'm not sure what falls under "absurd gender and sexual identification posts" but I've seen gender identity go too far like people seriously calling "wolf" a gender and identify themselves as such (this is not a parody). But how RHDN is going, it's not going at that angle. It doesn't appear to be a hack that looks like it was made out of anger or anything, more out of jest.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »
i identify as two rottweilers fighting over a horse steak behind a tesco

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »
I identify as a locked thread. :P

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:52 pm »
I identify as r.b.g. #17.

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 10:11:44 pm »
You don't need to "identify" with the MC to enjoy a game or a story. Lately all the garbage media journobloggers and gawker-loving tumblrettas preach crap like this just to be a nuisance and keep on chasing windmills.
I'm male. Like most of us here, I'm sure.
I LOVE playing female protagonists. Especially if they're girls or young women which they all are.
I like the appearance of protagonist Ayumi from X-Blades. But the gameplay sucks and her personality sucks too which is why I don't like her.
New Lara Croft is even sexier than the old because her personality is better (less arrogant).
So yeah, personality is important too, maybe even more than appearance. Back on topic, Attack Helicopter-kun (yes, he's male, anthropomorphic personification is a thing, you know) has just about the personality of a dead doornail. It's not the fault of the patch author. The same goes for Link too, I guess.
-------------------------
Wow, what a blast, the "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" meme. People play "ad libs" with it to create countless variations.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:23:29 pm by flame »

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 10:52:52 pm »
I'd make an "I identify as..." joke, but it would possibly be construed as racist and or an orientation that is not yet "cool enough" to admit in "mixed company".

So, I'll just go with my runner up. I identify as a M*A*S*H helicopter.

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 11:19:56 pm »
I'd make an "I identify as..." joke, but it would possibly be construed as racist and or an orientation that is not yet "cool enough" to admit in "mixed company".
Obviously there are people who are racist and homophobic no matter where they live, but there are certain communities that are more sensitive than others and not shy to throw labels around.

By the way, I believe we've derailed this topic enough. We might as well either bring it to the politics thread or start another thread.

faltain

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 11:59:15 pm »
He baited you guys into talking about more gender issues and you all took it. How about talking about ROM hacks added to the database for a while instead if women should be ghostbusters?

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 12:56:08 am »
I identify as a locked thread. :P

And I identify as a thread locker.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016