News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon XSE error-help  (Read 1073 times)

Blither

• View Profile
Pokemon XSE error-help
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:20 am »
So basically I'm still fairy new to ROM hacking and I basically started learning scripting to make a Pokemon ROM hack. I'm following this tutorial, primarily the part under the sub-heading XSE Scripting Tutorial:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/13t9vo/rpokemonromhacks_comprehensive_hacking_guide/.

However, when I try to use Advance-Trainer to implement a Pokemon Trainer, this error occurs:

This is the code used:

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x1C6C33
#org @start 
trainerbattle 0x0 0x0C3 0x0 @intro @defeat 
msgbox @msg 0x2 
end 

#org @intro 
= [Before Battle]

#org @defeat 
= [After Defeat]

#org @msg 
= [After Battle]

No matter what I do this error shows up, and ONLY when I'm trying to implement a battle. No matter what I do this error keeps occurring and This is pretty basic battling script too :/

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon XSE error-help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »
Try using something like Unnamed Trainer Editor instead and see what happens.  I heavily doubt this has anything to do with your script at all and you forgot to repoint your trainer data or something.  Your script only calls up the dialog and what you've added in the editor in this case, and initiates the battle.  Therefore your script would not effect the editor in any way as it edits the part that isn't in the script, and it doesn't even read where the script is in the first place.  Or A-Trainer screwed up and corrupted the trainer, that happens rarely.

UTE tells you when you need to repoint anyway, which is nice and resolves about 99% of problems with trainer editing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:00:07 pm by Chronosplit »