News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Wizardry Gaiden IV for the SNES now fully playable in English! :D  (Read 14611 times)

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
Or make it "DEMON's HEART"

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Hey mrrichard999, I was thinking that maybe the game's title screen could be modified. I know this is how it was originally designed by the developer, but the line that displays "DEMON'S HEART" looks more like "DEMON'SHEART". I think adding more space between the two words would look a lot better.

If you can do it go for it :) 

I'd actually like it to say Gaiden IV under the Wizardry Logo also. I don't really do graphics or title screen stuff, its not my specialty.. :P

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Found a bug. I tweeted here: http://pic.twitter.com/Wf2DJgjTiz
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:24:52 pm by Gamerhenky »
TwitterYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Found a bug. I tweeted here: http://pic.twitter.com/Wf2DJgjTiz

That spot works fine for me. Also verified the character creation and it works fine also. Try applying the new patch released to a clean Japanese ROM with the correct CRC values as shown on the patch page.. If you applied a new patch to an already patched ROM, errors will happen.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
But, I've been patched on cleaned Japanese ROM (Rev A) or trying Rev 1 before patching or I must start right back at the beginning?

EDIT: I'll give you some hint about my screenshot in Twitter

1. The texbox is garbled.
2. Str, IQ, Piety, Vit, Agility, Luck are not aligned correctly.
3. Something broken when i choose the class.
4. Pointer bug (Bishop).

That's all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:54:35 pm by Gamerhenky »
TwitterYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
can you provide an .SRM file?

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Here: https://www.mediafire.com/download/pwc0rwdmc6q8acj

I'm not kidding.
I'm playing on Snes9x EX Android.

EDIT: I bring the screenshot here.  I give up now.
Spoiler:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 06:59:30 am by Gamerhenky »
TwitterYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Here: https://www.mediafire.com/download/pwc0rwdmc6q8acj

I'm not kidding.
I'm playing on Snes9x EX Android.

EDIT: I bring the screenshot here.  I give up now.
Spoiler:

We just went and fixed some critical issues, new patch has been submited.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Thanks. But I found minor typo in option menu. Spedd instead of Speed and Transparancy instead of Transparency. Are you still going to finish your other project?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:30:13 am by Gamerhenky »
TwitterYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Thanks. But I found minor typo in option menu. Spedd instead of Speed and Transparancy instead of Transparency. Are you still going to finish your other project?

DDS just made a new insertion utility for all the larger font dialogue which now displays 3 lines vs. 2, the battle engine has been cleaned up, previous game freezing bugs were found and fixed, typos were corrected, and the character creation area is fixed to appear much better.

As far as my other project, if you are referring to Wizardry Chronicle, I am waiting on the last part of the dialogue to be finished. Once I get it, I will insert it and a release will be done for that game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:51:46 am by mrrichard999 »

joselataban

• View Profile
When i use the "monkey paw" at a door on y:23 x:11 (it says *CHAPEL*) in the  tower of spirits, the game suddenly crashes, is there a way to fix this? btw im playing this on Zsnesw

Thanks for reading this  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
When i use the "monkey paw" at a door on y:23 x:11 (it says *CHAPEL*) in the  tower of spirits, the game suddenly crashes, is there a way to fix this? btw im playing this on Zsnesw

Thanks for reading this  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I saw the msg you sent over with screenshots using the old version, download the new patch we just posted from the project page and try it then.

If anybody is using the game and its displaying only 2 lines of dialogue vs. 3 lines of dialogue , i urge you to download the new version recently uploaded as major corrections have been made thanks to DDS fixing the dialogue engine.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:42:44 pm by mrrichard999 »

Aquillion

• View Profile
I hit a weird bug in the Tower of Witchcraft (or whatever it's called, the second tower on the list), though I can't reproduce it:

After saving the fairy on the second floor at X7, Y6, afterwards, every tile on the floor had a rope ladder on it, offering to let me descend.  When I did, I ended up someplace weird in a wide open space (not anywhere in the tower according to dumapic), and trying to move caused the game to hang - I assume I was in an invalid location.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to reproduce it after reloading an earlier save and trying again.

(Note:  This is with version V0-984b.)

EDIT:  I got the rope-ladders-everywhere bug again, on the same floor but in a very different situation - it was after a random battle, after opening a treasure chest.  Still no idea what caused it.  I have a vague sense that it may be connected to my draconian's acid breath, since I've experienced some really weird bugs after using it in the past (my entire party suddenly being declared dead during a random encounter against a very weak enemy, the game hanging, etc.)

EDIT 2:  I hit the hang-after-acid-breath issue again.  Immediately after the animation and the text display of "[Name] spits out acid!", the game simply hung, with an empty text box and no response to anything I did.

Also, the message you get when someone changes alignment as a result of interactions with a non-hostile group is wrong.  It's currently "[Name]spooks enemy" or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:01:15 pm by Aquillion »

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Why is the intro remain untranslated?  (On the title screen, wait for more minute).
TwitterYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Why is the intro remain untranslated?  (On the title screen, wait for more minute).

I hit the hang-after-acid-breath issue again.  Immediately after the animation and the text display of "[Name] spits out acid!", the game simply hung, with an empty text box and no response to anything I did.

Also, the message you get when someone changes alignment as a result of interactions with a non-hostile group is wrong.  It's currently "[Name]spooks enemy" or something to that effect.

Im getting that translated now. Fixed the alignment changing dialogue which will be on the next patch as well as a misspelled enemy and item which was also found. I checked the Acid breath and I didn't run into any problems when my character used it. Not sure how that is happening but I did it 5 times and it worked without any problems.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:54:26 pm by mrrichard999 »

Aquillion

• View Profile
The "rope ladders everywhere" bug has happened to me a few more times.  It's way more rare than once every five times acid breath is used, though (I use acid breath very often, and have only hit it occasionally.)

It only seemed to start occurring when my draconian reached level 9 (which is when you get the ability to hit every enemy with acid breath at once), so if you're testing it, I'd test with a level 9+ draconian so you hit an entire enemy group.  Additionally, I feel like it might have something to do with acid breath "whiffing" - failing to inflict any damage on a target, which it does occasionally.  But I'm not certain, and it's possible the connection to acid breath is just in my head (I use it a lot, although not anywhere near every single battle, and I've only encountered the rope ladder bug after using it.)

EDIT:  I was just able to reproduce it by examining a grave in the Tower of Spirits and fighting over and over again, using acid breath every battle, until my Draconian got an attack that failed to affect every target, with the message:

"Zombie Priest Didnt take DMG!"
"Zombie Priest Didnt take DMG!"

...this is different than the usual message I get when acid breath fails.  (Usually the message is eg "Zombie Priest unaffected by it", not "Zombie Priest Didnt take DMG!")  After seeing that message, the rope ladder bug occurred.

And, as mentioned, it only started occurring after my draconian hit level 9, which is when their acid breath changes to be usable only once per battle and to hit an entire enemy group.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:49:23 am by Aquillion »

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
I might have a theory behind this but gotta test it out. DDS is working on the intro at the moment so I'll have a new patch out which may fix this as well as some minor things also.

Aquillion

• View Profile
Alright!  I don't know if this is one of the things you've already fixed in the next patch, but "Elven Chain" is misspelled as "Elvan Chain".

(Also the messages for breath attacks failing to do damage are off, but I assume you saw that in my post above!  I assume there are space issues involved, too.)

The description for CALKO is malformed; the word "current" is split over two lines, and there's an extra line break after the first R.  It looks like that line break is supposed to be a bit earlier?

Also, RIOS seems to have an extra line break after its first line, making it go onto two pages when its two-line description would fit on one.
LAHALITO has the same problem.

MAHALITO seems to have an extra line break at the end of its description (going onto a second page, which is blank.)

The message when you cast CALKO to look into a non-solid-stone square is wrong (it's the spell that lets you look through the wall in front of you.)  It just says "filled the room".  Actually, I think it might be broken from the message when you look into stone-filled squares, which just says "rock!"

The message when you have a bard use an instrument is completely broken (it looks untranslated.)

If I use GENES or the Enchant Lyre with the bald old man on the second floor of the Tower of Idleness, it says "Looks like she has calmed down a little."

The item "Statue of House" should be "Statue of Horse".  (This mistranslation makes one of the puzzles a bit harder, since it's part of a cycle of animal-themed statues all associated with the same puzzle.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:15:51 am by Aquillion »

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
The message when you have a bard use an instrument is completely broken (it looks untranslated.)

Same thing happen on "TiCo's Bane of the Cosmic Forge Fan Translation".

UPDATE: It's up now.
(When I downloaded, the patch is bigger size. It is ROM? No.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:35:32 am by Gamerhenky »
TwitterYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
OK, new version uploaded.

Many thanks to DDS for helping fix more areas in this ROM. This project is one that has cause many headaches for people but DDS has still stuck through this and seen it through in fixing these issues.  Be sure to send your thanks to him as this project would have never happened without his help.   :thumbsup:   :beer:

Version 0.986b
-Looking at chests for traps should load the right names now.
-Reworked the title screen and options menu ("Scarlet Lotus Castle", "Sound Channel", "Labyrinth Walls", "Battle Graphics").
-Eliminated language selection in options as English is set by default.
-Expanded the individual options ("Semi-Fast", "Normal", "Semi-Slow").
-Changed "<name> changed alignment." message.
-Changed "Waiting" to "Searching" and fixed the dots to use periods instead of the Japanese dot.
-Expanded Bar window and options ("Add Member", "Remove Member").
-Expanded Inn option ("Pool Gold")
-Expanded Camp window ("Inspect Member", "Reorder Party", "Use Ability", "AbilityList", "Pool Gold")
-Expanded Main Menu options ("Search", "Open Door", "Pick Lock", "Party Search")
-Expanded Training Hall option ("Equipment")
-Fixed Training Hall "Roll" counter (may or may not fix bug with random symbols appearing)
-Fixed Button Config screen random jumble.
-Changed chest looting messages to "<name> takes <item>!"
-Changed message to "An Encounter!"
-Trimmed leading and trailing spaces for some messages so they would center correctly.
-Fixed typos for "Elvan Chain & Bandir Reader, & what was in the spell descriptions".
-Redid all spell descriptions with corrected line breaks.
-Discovered bard instrument actions weren't done and fixed them.
-Added a header to the ROM after patching with a correct checksum.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:39:01 pm by mrrichard999 »