News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 14805 times)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:16:56 am »
How many of you guys gotta respond to the same thing? This is becoming NeoGAF. You're ALL SAYING THE SAME THING! Can people not stay on topic? This thread isn't about LGBT hacks. There's only 2 on the list.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 09:36:45 am »
degrade the community atmosphere and tend to attract unsavoury individuals

Pretty sure such words were used to describe homosexuals at one point.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 11:34:21 am »
Seems like this place is already as inclusive as it can be. I mean you have lgbt hacks on one side and a hack about ghostbusters feminists. Censoring anything like that would be hypocritical considering there are a ton of hacks that decensor games.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:02 am »
Nice stuff about BOF. Now what that needs is a nice VWF and sound restoration, maybe some optimizations to kill lag as well. <3
At this rate, it may be that the GBA version outclasses the SNES one.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 03:13:53 pm »
This thread isn't about LGBT hacks

There wouldn't have been such a reaction had 6paklover not decided that even the slightest bit of criticism was to be interpreted as some sort of bias. I'm starting to wonder if he truly did come here to troll and is trying his hardest just to provoke people who he thinks might be hostile to the LGBT community. Everything he's posted so far seems strangely tailored for that specific purpose.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »
Personally i'm all for whatever hacks, but i'm, not to thrilled about more "Nesticle style" hacks like the one everyone seems to be flipping out about.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »
Personally i'm all for whatever hacks, but i'm, not to thrilled about more "Nesticle style" hacks like the one everyone seems to be flipping out about.

The only thing I really see people flipping out about is 6paklovers insistence on behaving as a SJW parody. It makes it very difficult to tell whether his intentions are truly noble or not. I don't see anything wrong with his hack but I certainly do with his attitude.

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »
The only thing I really see people flipping out about is 6paklovers insistence on behaving as a SJW parody. It makes it very difficult to tell whether his intentions are truly noble or not. I don't see anything wrong with his hack but I certainly do with his attitude.

I deal with so much tumblr it wouldnt surprise me if he was legit, but honestly that comment was more aimed at someone who seems to be singing a different tune about this than he has previously about people doing the hacks they want to.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »
Damn I wish I had waited a month to play through Breath of Fire. That palette hack looks AWESOME.

How many of you guys gotta respond to the same thing? This is becoming NeoGAF. You're ALL SAYING THE SAME THING! Can people not stay on topic? This thread isn't about LGBT hacks. There's only 2 on the list.

Dude, stop trying to fan the flames that are now dying down by bringing it right back up. It's fucking annoying.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
Edit: I re-read the thread and people have been pretty respectful. 6packlover is just overeacting. Nevermind my objections.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:58:17 pm by MathUser2929 »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 04:56:33 pm »
Both sides were at fault at points. There were over reactions left and right to things on the other thread. Now please: just move on.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 05:09:02 pm »
By not fighting oppression you are consenting to it. That hack is oppressive to women, and it is oppressive to blacks. That is NOT allowed under any circumstances.
The problem is you're asking the mods to engage in censorship, which they're not wont to do. It ultimately would pose the tricky question of who gets to censor what and would be more hassle than it's worth.
A more appropriate action would simply be to hack the titlescreens of these odious hunks of garbage to include text such as, "this hack is bigoted garbage" and then submit patches to the database under a title like: "Ghostbustsss [is Bigoted Garbage]."

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »
The problem is you're asking the mods to engage in censorship, which they're not wont to do. It ultimately would pose the tricky question of who gets to censor what and would be more hassle than it's worth.
A more appropriate action would simply be to hack the titlescreens of these odious hunks of garbage to include text such as, "this hack is bigoted garbage" and then submit patches to the database under a title like: "Ghostbustsss [is Bigoted Garbage]."

Then we would be defacing someone's work.

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 05:44:44 pm »

I kinda want to see that now. "this is bigoted", "they hacked only the title screen", "changed the menu pointer only", "another insipid Mario edit"..... just a rash of "vandalism" hacks like that might be good for a laugh.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 05:47:45 pm »
I kinda want to see that now. "this is bigoted", "they hacked only the title screen", "changed the menu pointer only", "another insipid Mario edit"..... just a rash of "vandalism" hacks like that might be good for a laugh.
This kind of sounds like it would be better suited for reviews though.  Put in more detail to explain what you mean and not only do we know why this hack is known as bad, we learn from it too.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 05:51:05 pm »
Better yet: ignore them, pretend they don't exist (if you don't dig em), and move on with your lives.  :thumbsup:

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:06 pm »
Better yet: ignore them, pretend they don't exist (if you don't dig em), and move on with your lives.  :thumbsup:
A vital rule to life in many cases, really. :thumbsup:

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 06:11:51 pm »
That SotN Hard hack sounds interesting. I've played that game so much that there is no longer any challenge and it was pretty easy by Castlevania standards to begin with.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »
That SotN Hard hack sounds interesting. I've played that game so much that there is no longer any challenge and it was pretty easy by Castlevania standards to begin with.

There was one person who tried to do a really good SotN hack. It wasn't just a difficulty(numbers) mod. It looked like a lot of work was going into reprogramming and graphics. But he decided the PSX game, as a base, was too limiting and moved to Game Maker or Unity. Last I saw he had FMVs in WMV format. Can't say he's all there, but his heart seems to be mostly in the right place and the effort he's putting into it is really high.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 07:30:41 pm »
Oh hey, I was just playing through BoF on VBA-M. Good to see I don't have to switch to GameBoy Colors anymore to keep my eyes from bleeding.