News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What. are you playing?  (Read 14042 times)

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
Re: What. are you playing?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 11:41:35 am »
Throne of Darkness - which is basically an early Diablo II clone with a samurai theme. For some unfathomable reason it slipped under my radar back in the day (I'm a huge sucker for hack'n'slash games), and thus it's time to make up for the backlog. :D

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 11:46:36 am »
Am I really the only one that plays XCom?   :P   I have to squee a bit, guys

I own both xcoms, and played the first and the expansion extensively (both pc and ps3), in addition to then playing a couple of failed Long War mod sessions. I got somewhat burned out, and by the time i got xcom2, i have had a hard time returning after the first digital guy showed up and devastated my squad.

I also played X-COM (that hyphen is the key) and Xenonauts somewhat. They are pretty good, but they are quite a different beast from XCOM 1 and 2. I havent tried Apocalypse, which was like the first proper... ummm.. sequel, which was what I thought would have been the inspiration for XCOM 2.

June 27, 2016, 11:48:05 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Throne of Darkness - which is basically an early Diablo II clone with a samurai theme. For some unfathomable reason it slipped under my radar back in the day (I'm a huge sucker for hack'n'slash games), and thus it's time to make up for the backlog. :D
I have been meaning for a while to try it along Prince of Qin and some other games but havent done so due to a lack of digital distributors. How is it so far? Is it as action oriented as the diablo games or it has more rpg elements over there? The description always made me think of icewind dale.
_-|-_

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:30 pm »
I have been meaning for a while to try it along Prince of Qin and some other games but havent done so due to a lack of digital distributors. How is it so far? Is it as action oriented as the diablo games or it has more rpg elements over there? The description always made me think of icewind dale.

I'd say it's basically a "Diablo meets Icewind Dale" kind of deal. It looks really similar to Diablo 2, and the leveling system is more akin to Diablo than to ID as well, but they implemented a party system (you have 4 party members pretty much at all times). There are 7 different classes specializing in different weapons/skills. The enemies swarm you like in Diablo, there are more of them than in ID for sure. I believe it is also much shorter than D2, but that's to be expected - need to finish it first to be sure, but I have the feeling that it's not going to be very long. I don't think there were any expansion packs made for that one either.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:30:33 pm by cccmar »

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 06:11:49 pm »
Since I boguht it for you, yeah. :P

Do you actually play anything else, girl? Holy shit. :P

Yeah. I check into Oblivion once in a blue moon. Although it'll take me a while to get used to Oblivion again after becoming so accustomed to the streamlined game play of Skyrim.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

FreightMan71

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »
I'm in full 'retro mode' these days and am basically ignoring my PS3 and 360 in favor of emulated games via my PC and some stand alone PC offerings.

Currently playing via MAME:
1--Magic Sword
2--Pac Man family of games
3--Nintendo family of single screen games (i.e. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Donkey Kong 3, Popeye, Original Mario Bros)

Via Kega Fusion (Sega 8 and 16 bit emulator)
1-- Shadow Dancer
2-- Golden Axe
3-- TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
4-- Ghouls n Ghosts
5-- NBA Jam

Via Snes9x
1-- Super Mario All Stars
2-- Donkey Kong Country
3-- Actraiser 2

Via Visual Boy Advance (Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Boy Advance)
1-- Double Dragon Advance
2-- Super Mario Advance (the one that plays a remix version of Super Mario USA)
3-- Gameboy versions of Batman the movie, Castlevania Adventure, and Tetris

Via Nestopia (NES emu)
1-- Contra, Super C and the very good rom hack found here, Revenge of Red Falcon
2-- Ghosts n Goblins
3-- Iron Tank
4-- Kung Fu

Via Magic Engine (TG16)
1-- Bomberman 93
2-- Supergrafx version of Ghouls n Ghosts
3-- Salamander

AS for non emulated games:
1-- Doom (via GZDoom) and some of the player mods floating around the internet
2-- Streets of Rage Remix. I have the final release version, V5.0, and it is just the ultimate in SOR action. So much so, it is hard to play the regular Genesis/MD versions again (unless someone comes up with cool hacks for some of those!)
3--Open BOR versions of beatem ups including fan versions of Final Fight, World Heroes (as a side scrolling brawler), and fan versions of Double Dragon.

Any and all of these games though, can change on a whim. I am known for binging on certain games or game types, then getting tired of them, then going on another binge of completely different types of games.
I suspect one of these days I will get back to playing my PS3 and 360 again...even though they have been overshadowed by PS4 and XBOne respectively...   :laugh:

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 01:50:01 am »
MAME
I have some MAME games that are pretty interesting. They might be rare I downloaded them 15 years ago and I'm thinking that some of them might not be found online anymore but I'm not sure.

Armed Police Batrider
Daraku Tenshi - The Fallen Angels
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mysteria
Kabuki Klash - Far East of Eden
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
Marvel vs Capcom Clash of Super Heroes
Metamoquester
Sol Divide - The Sword of Darkness
X-Men vs Street Fighter
X-Men Children of the Atom

some others but not sure which ones might be rare
Come with me if you want to live.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 08:34:59 am »
SaGa Frontier 2...and remembering how sad I always am to see the bad aspects be so much, much worse than the good.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 10:32:24 am »
I've been on a real Doom kick lately.  Next up, Sunlust.

Also, I picked up Pocket Arcade Story on mobile.  Hot dang, this is the best thing Kairosoft's come up with in quite a while.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »
ye just started playing the Dragoon X Omega hack (on NES) and also the hack of that hack Amnethen Apocalypse. DXO seems like an extremely solid hack. It also has a sequel that is a hack of Final Fantasy 1.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 02:40:48 am »
Super Robot Taisen: OG 2nd, because the let's play in English is well done and I can now understand the story! ;D

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 03:05:41 am »
NES:
Dragoon X Omega - Gold Edition (Beaten)
Dragoon X Omega II (Beaten)

SNES:
Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War (Halfway, with Project Naga translation).
Wizardry Gaiden IV - Throb of the Demon's Heart (Halfway)

NDS:
Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (Beaten)
Fire Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow (Beaten)

And other things. (Because huge post are not allowed)
WebsiteYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »
NES:
Dragoon X Omega - Gold Edition (Beaten)
Dragoon X Omega II (Beaten)
Oh good video I'll watch it. I still haven't played that game yet. I think it's supposed to be one of the best Final Fantasy hacks.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 06:56:30 pm »
Age of Empires + RoR expansion with Upatch HD, and Darksiders II DE. Really enjoying both of them.

Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 11:34:15 am »
Hej there!

OUYA (Android game):
— Elliots Quest
— Maldita Castilla

OUYA (Mame):
— Vulgus
— TMNT

OUYA (Nes):
— Extra Mario Bros (Awesome hack of Super Mario Bros!)

OUYA (Genesis):
— Planning to play Landstalker (with a patched rom who fix the diagonals)

"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »
Age of Empires + RoR expansion with Upatch HD, and Darksiders II DE. Really enjoying both of them.

man, my respects to you. i feel pathing on aoe1 hasnt aged well at all. overall the game is fun, specially with the midi music instead of the cd music.
_-|-_

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 04:36:15 pm »
Yeah, while I didn't have that much of a problem with it before, having played through the Babylon campaign now I can say that I've been close to giving up on it a couple of times even though the pathfinding is supposedly better with the patch. Micro intensive or limited resources missions can be a pain. Still gonna try to beat the whole thing though.

Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 09:55:03 pm »
Necromancy

I tried playing Gradius II today - game is frikkin hard! Gradius II is fun because options stack to level 5 but if you get killed in level 3 might as well turn the game off :banghead:

And found a Gradius 4 for MAME - that will be fun someday. Never even played that one.

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 07:27:56 pm »
Last night I streamed a bit on twitch, I played uh...Ghouls N' Ghosts until about 1/2 way through the 1st level (the puking on my bones thing the Pig Guys did kind of made me want to just say 'uffa'), then switched over to Revenge of Shinobi and made it to stage freaking 5, holy crap. I didn't feel like going on at that point, as nobody was watching anymore and 5-2...um...

...Well, screw Revenge of Shinobi Stage 5-2. Screw them. That's kind of all there is to it.

Interstate highway, every other blue car has a Red car that can and will hit you. and it hurts Joe Musashi about as much as getting hit by a car would hurt most people? And the stage is particularly stingy about health powerups, and falling off the stage is imminent a lot, and there are 2 layers, in front of the railing and behind it...and UUUUUGHHH KUNOICHI DRESSED AS NUNS KEEP CUTTING ME FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

I don't care for that stage.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 08:33:31 pm »
You know that game Strider 2 for Genesis? Isn't that the only platform that has a Strider 2 - the Sega Genesis 16-bit?

I don't know I ran across it the other day because I must have downloaded it about 16 years ago . .

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 09:24:26 pm »
I'm playing Leather Goddesses of Phobos, and Tales of Vesperia
Im having a little trouble following Vesperia though, partially because I have the attention span of a small dog right now, and also because this is my fourth time starting the game over and I've basically memorized a good fourth of the game.

I picked up LGoP because I actually used to have a copy as a kid, but never had a machine that could run it, It's not as bad as I thought it would be and some of the lines are actually pretty funny, per ye olde Infocom standards.

I guess I'm also technically playing multiple versions of Mario 64 while working on the Shindou Translation thing, temporarily managed to make King Bob-Omb effectively immortal by mistake.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Lost Lullabies (Unreleased Samurai Champloo tracks)|| https://youtu.be/BK6PR8DPNOw