News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Kirby:SSU Romhack Questions MapRX  (Read 849 times)

NecroCorey

• View Profile
Kirby:SSU Romhack Questions MapRX
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:19:08 pm »
  Sorry if this is the wrong forum for starters.

My friends and I are going to make a romhack of Kirby: Superstar Ultra and I'm sort of leading the charge with Spring Breeze so I wanted to ask a few questions so it isn't a horrible mess. I would really appreciate any help at all that y'all would be willing to offer as well as any tips I may not have thought to ask for.

First of all, We'll be using MApRX 1.1.0.3 by wwylele so a huge thank you for making this amazing tool.
I was wondering if there were some shortcut keys or something to speed the process up that I didn't know about like copy pasting tiles and items, or 'painting' areas with the star blocks for example.

Another thing I haven't been able to figure out for myself was how to make (or if it's even possible) to make hidden doors like behind star blocks. I found the invisible door tile and was able to set it up properly, just can't figure out how to hide it behind other blocks. EDIT: I figured it out. The scripting is still hard for me to grasp, but I figured out how to do this one.

And finally, am I only able to edit currently existing rooms, or is it possible to add new areas to the game?

Thanks again for taking the time to read this. I'm clearly very new to this and wanted to start with something very simple. Maybe eventually I'll be able to make some good stuff.

Ok so I ran into some problems pretty early. I decided I would just do a really quick test of my edit so far since I'm testing out how to do hidden doors and I think I may have gotten it through Cell Binding.  Unfortunately the game freezes (music still plays) on this exact spot every time.
Spoiler:
I'd once again appreciate any suggestions as to why it might be happening. I'll be tinkering in the mean time.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:34:01 pm by NecroCorey »