News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Can someone with the know how look at the code for "Werewolf the Last Warrior"?  (Read 927 times)

releasethedogs

• View Profile
Yeah, I know, now days this game is considered kusoge but as a kid I did not know any better. It was one of 4 nintendo games I had so it got played it to death.
In the game you collect red W objects to transform into a werewolf and "anger bubbles" to transform into a super-werewolf. But there was also a blue W object that returned you to human form. Anyways I thought of this game for the first time in many years today and I remember a part of the instruction book says there is a way to use the "blue "W" in combination with a red one and go directly to Super Werewolf status"
I was searching around and it seems like this trick has never been discovered. I was hoping a ROM hacker would spend a half and hour looking in the code and see if they can figure out how to do it? It does not have to be a big long dissection of the code or anything, just a quick glance. I have been wondering since 1990.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
I was hoping a ROM hacker would spend a half and hour looking in the code and see if they can figure out how to do it? It does not have to be a big long dissection of the code or anything, just a quick glance.
I don't think it's necessarily as simple as you think it is.

Have you checked to see if the Japanese version behaves differently?  There were apparently numerous changes made to the game.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I believe the Japanese version was made LATER than the English version, but yeah, it's probably worth a look then.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018