News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES "Genjuu Ryodan" English Translation NP Flash cart only  (Read 7886 times)

gc8tech

• View Profile
Re: SNES "Genjuu Ryodan" English Translation NP Flash cart only
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 03:18:46 am »
Well its been a while... I'm hoping to get back into this and start more translating... Just have to read my notes.. and remember where i was upto.

D.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 07:44:44 am »
Hi gc8tech,

I downloaded and tried the game back when you released a first patch, but quickly dropped it after realizing how early the beta is.

I played through the whole thing on an original NP cartridge many years ago and its a great game, definitively among the top 5 of its genre on the Super Famicom. Heres the hg101 article I wrote because I felt more people should learn about it https://hg101.kontek.net/genjuuryodan/genjuuryodan.htm

I hope your project sees fruition - while the story is not all that important, learning the commands of each unit type by trial and error can be quite frustrating for western retro gamers :)

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 08:39:34 am »
Thanks for the feedback... Feedback is alway welcome!

Its amazing how much time goes into a translation. I have almost forgotten how to do the translation.

There is a RARE hint guide for the game i would love to get one. BUT they go for around $300 USD. There are 2 in japan yahoo auctions at the moment.

D.