News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: SNES "Genjuu Ryodan" English Translation NP Flash cart only  (Read 4703 times)

gc8tech

• View Profile
SNES "Genjuu Ryodan" English Translation NP Flash cart only
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:59:54 pm »
Hello all,

I have been working hard on a English translation for "Genjuu Ryodan". I'm sure there are many people who won't know this game. After learning about this game, i really wanted to play it! Its a turn based stratagy game which i love. But was only released on the Nintendo Power Flash / memory carts. There was NO retail game / box release. Which makes this one of the rarest snes games ever. If you like Famicom wars / Advance wars.. Then you will probibly like this one!

As you can see from the pictures progress is quite a way along.. But still heaps to do.

Images

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:49:12 am by gc8tech »

Grillkick

• View Profile
Re: SNES "Genjuu Ryodan" English Translation NP Flash cart only
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:02:28 am »
Oh wow, this is exciting! Keep it up! :)

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:50:08 am »
One of my FAVORITE Super Famicom game is finally getting a translation!! woot! :woot!: Thank You man, definitely can't wait to try it out soon! :D

GHANMI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »
Why the all-caps Courier New font?
It's not like there's a lack of letters.
Did you manage to make the story roll use 8x16 instead of a 16x16 font?

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 05:15:26 am »
One of my FAVORITE Super Famicom game is finally getting a translation!! woot! :woot!: Thank You man, definitely can't wait to try it out soon! :D

I could release a beta now... But i want to get more "polish" on it. Its playable now. But stuff like unit names hasn't be translated yet etc. But most of the menus are that you need to play it. I was focusing on getting it playable.. as thats really what i wanted to do after finding it. Its such a cool game for one that most people have never heard of :-)

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:30:06 am »
Now that I see this, I ask myself, how many games released on the Nintendo Power cartridge (for both the Super FC, and the Game Boy (Color))?

Nintendo sure knew the Internet technology more than anybody back then (Satellaview, Nintendo Power cartridge, etc.).

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 12:01:38 pm »
Nintendo sure knew the Internet technology more than anybody back then (Satellaview, Nintendo Power cartridge, etc.).

Makes their current ineptitude all the more weird, eh?

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 02:42:00 pm »
Makes their current ineptitude all the more weird, eh?
Well, the people behind Satellaview and others maybe are not working anymore for Nintendo.

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 11:48:29 pm »
I think there is like 20 or so games.. BUT the EXCLUSIVES that never had a retail release are very few. I think there is like 3 or 4.

I knew about the NP Carts for ages... But never knew it had exclusives. Once i found that, and a turn based strategy.. is a match made in heaven! I'm doing a big push to dump more NP carts completely aswell. Hopfully find new revisions or games that are undumped.. I know there is a Version 1.1 of Genjuu Ryodan hiding on a NP cart some where....

D.

Now that I see this, I ask myself, how many games released on the Nintendo Power cartridge (for both the Super FC, and the Game Boy (Color))?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 12:43:11 pm »
I think there is like 20 or so games.. BUT the EXCLUSIVES that never had a retail release are very few. I think there is like 3 or 4.
Super Famicom Wars
The Japanese version of Super Punch-Out!! (I wonder if it was meant to be released at the same time as the western versions, as the western version has a Japanese naming screen, accessible with a code. Which would be a strange thing to put in otherwise.)
Dokyusei(?) 2 (is that a hentai dating game? Or was it, as I would imagine, censored?)
The NP Picross series
Not sure if Metal Slader Glory was NP-only. I know there was a retail release, but was that a MaskROM cart or a pre-loaded NP cart with a special label?
Ogre Battle seems to have gotten an NP-only update. I don't know what the difference is but the NP ROM is 512KB (one NP "block") larger.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

GHANMI

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 04:01:07 pm »
Dokyusei(?) 2 (is that a hentai dating game? Or was it, as I would imagine, censored?)

Doukyuusei 2
It's a VN with sexual content by Elf that was ported by Branpesto to the Super Famicom.
Judging from a similar, earlier release (Dragon Knight 4, except it was an Advance Wars-like game rather than a VN), I think they have the pre-sex encounter interrupt suddenly without the characters doing anything in the Super Famicom version.

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
If anyone see's a copy of the "strategy guide" for this game. Can you please let me know. Its really really hard to find!!

D.

Freestate

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 03:32:59 pm »
To entertain the followers. A custom cover.

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »
Well its been a while...
BUT i will be releasing a Early Beta of the translation. Its not finished.. But can be played.

It is VERY much a beta... so don't expect it to be perfect.  I still want to finish the English conversion.... just don't have the time right now. Plus i wanted to share it :-) No use just sitting on my HDD!

T.

Freestate

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 12:05:08 pm »
Well its been a while...
BUT i will be releasing a Early Beta of the translation. Its not finished.. But can be played.

It is VERY much a beta... so don't expect it to be perfect.  I still want to finish the English conversion.... just don't have the time right now. Plus i wanted to share it :-) No use just sitting on my HDD!

T.

oUH YEAH!!!

Freestate

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 05:24:04 pm »
ANY NEWS?

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »
The news is translations take time and the worst thing you can do is pester those hard at work.  It is a long, sometimes thankless (free) labor of love.  Just chill and wait patiently!

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:17 pm »
The patch is in the translation section...

Thanks,

D.

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »
Hello All,

Anyone download the patch and played the game??? Feedback?? Its not finished... More of an early beta.. BUT should be playable... :-)

Its been donloaded more than 100 times.... so someone is having a game or two :-)

I wish i had more time to finish it..

D.

optiroc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 03:26:37 am »
Hello All,

Anyone download the patch and played the game??? Feedback?? Its not finished... More of an early beta.. BUT should be playable... :-)

Its been donloaded more than 100 times.... so someone is having a game or two :-)

I wish i had more time to finish it..

D.
I’ve been wanting to give this a try when I’ve finished up the Super Famicom Wars translation (short status update: v1.0 in testing now). Never played the game, and it does look pretty interesting!