News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: The Great AIDS Pandemic Begins!  (Read 11716 times)

SquidKid

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The Great AIDS Pandemic Begins!
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:53 pm »
Welcome back djscrew. How's your ban going?

I don't know who that is.

Take a look at the "genocide" ending for "undertale". You literally have to apologize to the game in order to be able to start over.

A completely different game.. but comparing a piece of really thought provoking art like "Revenge of the dick nazi ass fuckers" etc. where someone puts dicks on mario and luigi in SMB1 or something, to a game like undertale.. I'm not really sure what your point is. I'm just saying maybe you might want to keep that shit off the main page for reasons that really should be obvious. All I'm saying on that subject because its obvious a lot of people here don't agree.

The fact that a "bad hack" can elicit a legitimate emotional response from the player is doing more to propel the medium to the status of real art than all the variable width font hacks and gloved-hand menu selector hacks combined.

I only play rom hacks and don't know much about making one.. but I'm pretty sure hacks like Super Demo World, Mario Adventure, Dragoon X Omega have done much more to propel the medium of rom hacks than ridiculous "dick nazi" shit. In wrestling thats called cheap heat. A good villain can elicit an emotional response from the crowd just by giving a look or by his body language when walking to the ring or wrestling. Grabbing the mic and calling everyone in the crowd an idiot will get people to yell "boo" and perhaps elicit an emotional response from people but that takes no talent and is cheap heat. I'm not saying that the author of this hack has no talent. I'm just honestly curious what seriously motivates someone to create something like this and wanted to express extreme surprise that it would be allowed on the main page.. but it seems that has been discussed at length already so it is what it is. Bottom line is its incredibly reasonable for someone to be offended by a hack like this, but you have the right to make it anyways. This line of reasoning that a game like this is some kind of sophisticated  emotional art or something is ridiculous... its just cheap heat.

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
I don't know who that is.

A completely different game.. but comparing a piece of really thought provoking art like "Revenge of the dick nazi ass fuckers" etc. where someone puts dicks on mario and luigi in SMB1 or something, to a game like undertale.. I'm not really sure what your point is. I'm just saying maybe you might want to keep that shit off the main page for reasons that really should be obvious. All I'm saying on that subject because its obvious a lot of people here don't agree.

I only play rom hacks and don't know much about making one.. but I'm pretty sure hacks like Super Demo World, Mario Adventure, Dragoon X Omega have done much more to propel the medium of rom hacks than ridiculous "dick nazi" shit. In wrestling thats called cheap heat. A good villain can elicit an emotional response from the crowd just by giving a look or by his body language when walking to the ring or wrestling. Grabbing the mic and calling everyone in the crowd an idiot will get people to yell "boo" and perhaps elicit an emotional response from people but that takes no talent and is cheap heat. I'm not saying that the author of this hack has no talent. I'm just honestly curious what seriously motivates someone to create something like this and wanted to express extreme surprise that it would be allowed on the main page.. but it seems that has been discussed at length already so it is what it is. Bottom line is its incredibly reasonable for someone to be offended by a hack like this, but you have the right to make it anyways. This line of reasoning that a game like this is some kind of sophisticated  emotional art or something is ridiculous... its just cheap heat.

Why do so many chinless wonders join this forum just to flame people for not being social justice advocates or humor snobs like themselves? Go take a cold nap.

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 06:22:35 pm »
Wow... Why the heck would you want to "stimulate the pain in knowing that youve just killed someone"? So you intentionally made it so people feel bad when they play it? There are enough real things in the world that can make someone feel bad.. can't imagine why anyone would want to play something like this

A completely different game.. but comparing a piece of really thought provoking art like "Revenge of the dick nazi ass fuckers" etc. where someone puts dicks on mario and luigi in SMB1 or something, to a game like Undertale.. I'm not really sure what your point is. I'm just saying maybe you might want to keep that shit off the main page for reasons that really should be obvious. All I'm saying on that subject because its obvious a lot of people here don't agree. It intentionally makes you feel bad for playing it.

I'm not sure how you missed the comparison. Undertale makes the ending attempt to cause you pain in the knowledge that you killed everyone. The only difference is Undertale makes you suffer for WINNING. suffer to the point that you have to pledge your immortal soul to the game in order to continue. Why would anyone want to do that? There are enough things in the real world to deal with outside of literally selling my soul to a video game. I made the comparison because Undertale is literally all those things you were whining about.

What one person finds thought provoking can vary from person to person. Some people claim to get a deep meaning out of films like Jörg Buttgereit's "der todesking", others get meaning from Harmony Korine movies like "trash humpers", still others might be more enamored with the messages of acceptance in Troma's "Toxic Avenger" series. Art is subjective to the beholder, and beholders get 1d12 attacks per round.

I only play rom hacks and don't know much about making one.. but I'm pretty sure hacks like Super Demo World, Mario Adventure, Dragoon X Omega have done much more to propel the medium of rom hacks than ridiculous "dick nazi" shit.

that shows you have no idea about the roots of the hobby at all, or the amount of work that goes into a romhack. Make one, then maybe your opinion might hold more weight. Some of the "vulgar" hacks have more work done to them then a lot of the more family friendly ones, and have been the source of hacking techniques such as music replacement.

I'm just honestly curious what seriously motivates someone to create something like this and wanted to express extreme surprise that it would be allowed on the main page..

Some people find them funny, and some people recognize the amount of work that goes into them, whether they find it funny or not. It might even just be respect for their roots. You could just as well ask me why i did so many hacks with Wilford Brimley in them. I did create a meme thats lasted almost 20 years at this point, though. Buttgereit, Korine, Kauffman, Michael Bay, and Speilberg ARE all directors though, and all get listed on IMDB.

MegaEliteGamers

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 06:25:43 pm »
On bail for stabbing someone.
Curious. In self defense?
Should be a plot point in a bad hack somehow. Cops are after a criminal, but who is only really violent to avoid the conspiracies against him and to avoid getting killed.
From a certain standpoint, the anti-virals are fiendishly trying to eradicate viruses just for existing. Did viruses ask to be viruses? They had no choice! They just want to live! Think again about how helpful and innocent those doctors really are! Perception! Empathize!

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »
Reminds me of some "badass" hacker who also made a hack with a bad dead style, lots of fwording etc etc, then he made a freaking Let's play video/videos with the freaking infinity health cheat on! Looser chicken. That's what he was. He/you have no insight of how real combat looks like, where you don't have multiple lives to start over and the gore is not an 8 bit pixel "art".

Wait a second. This is Puzzledude talking about KGP4death, right? (not joking) You sneaky...
I was talking about KGP. I know him from this bugged bad dead, evil dead, badass, baddest hack (whatever). I though the guy is going to beat the game with his left eyeball then I see Link taking damage without damage reduction and was astouned (infinite life cheat on, lol).

Don't know the other guy you're mentioning. But I have played the PW Remodel hack, which was apparently done by him, as well as that he got permanently IP banned for fighting trolls (I believe this renders the user to not be able to connect to the site at all). That's all I've been told.

They need to ban these bullies. They are useless and make RHDN a hostile place to be in.
LoL. Joke of the week.
List of bullies/weirdos on this site (in case you are blind), note this is NOT dissing at all, just a mirror:
-Gwonam (likes communists, likes whipping arse topics, likes those disturbing you tube-shit videos, which makes anyone vomit, likes font in size of 36 and in bold)
-Floppy (likes nazis, Trump, whipping arse topics, N words etc)
-Haxor (likes nazis, headless people, anal rape, N words etc)
-Rotwang (likes opening whipping arse topics etc, I would say still the most sain person of the group).

Note: this is not dissing. I'm just mirroring their behaviour/work, which is disturbing (at least to normal people).
I'm sure a lot of "regular" users are affraid to even come to this site because of them.  Such a vast shame, that they can also romhack and are using their fine skills in a wrong way.
I'm not really sure why the mods here are allowing the spreading of the BHDN virus into RHDN. They have their shit hole, why are they wipping their arse here.

MegaEliteGamers

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 06:37:36 pm »
I'm not really sure why the mods here are allowing the spreading of the BHDN virus into RHDN. They have their shit hole, why are they wipping their arse here.
Everyone is entitled to toilet paper of all layers, qualities and brands.
Are you saying we have to use our hands?!
We wouldn't keep you from our foreign lands.
I'm in the in crowd now. Ya dig those sands?

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 06:48:28 pm »
Everyone is entitled to toilet paper of all layers, qualities and brands.
Are you saying we have to use our hands?!
Do you see me opening a topic "How to you wipe your ass". Don't you think this is disturbing or at least completely off topic/irrelevant for a forum, primarily meant for romhacking. The sudden lock-down of the topic proves me right.
Do you see anyone here screaming "vote for Trump" in the banner. My signature was a simple response to this odd choice that the mods actually allow political-advertising in the signatures and avatars and avatar descriptions. If this is so, why not everyone do the same.

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »
I was talking about KGP. I know him from this bugged bad dead, evil dead, badass, baddest hack (whatever)

I'm working on a new version of said game from the ground up. I thought there was too much awesomeness there to have been left in such an unpolished state. Right now I've got 3 dungeons complete and 2 others currently in the works. I'm debating on releasing a demo at this point since that's much more content than some demos of official releases.

Here's a link to that thread since this one will probably get locked soon.
Zelda - The Legend of Bruce

It will be glorious.

Don't know the other guy you're mentioning. But I have played the PW Remodel hack, which was apparently done by him, as well as that he got permanently IP banned for fighting trolls (I believe this renders the user to not be able to connect to the site at all).

His profile says he was last active on wednesday.

I'm sure a lot of "regular" users are affraid to even come to this site because of them.

Yeah, right.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »
A completely different game.. but comparing a piece of really thought provoking Non-art like "Revenge of the dick nazi ass fuckers" etc. where someone puts dicks on mario and luigi in SMB1 or something, to a game like undertale.. I'm not really sure what your point is. I'm just saying maybe you might want to keep that shit off the main page for reasons that really should be obvious.
Vivid applause. A+

His profile says he was last active on wednesday.
Hm, who knows what "active" is (log-in?). Maybe the ban is valid for forum only, but not the database?

I'm working on a new version of said game from the ground up. I thought there was too much awesomeness there to have been left in such an unpolished state. Right now I've got 3 dungeons complete and 2 others currently in the works. I'm debating on releasing a demo at this point since that's much more content than some demos of official releases.

Here's a link to that thread since this one will probably get locked soon.
Zelda - The Legend of Bruce

It will be glorious.
Thank you for being a "normal" person around here.
I hope for no swasticas in therem.
A fine example of a evil dead/bad tone hack while stil being acceptable (no swasticas and N words for the win).

People, do you see the difference: compare Gwonam and SunGod. Who would rather entrust to move your car from A to B?
And they both do evil/bad hacks. You just need to know your craft.