News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: The Great AIDS Pandemic Begins!  (Read 11577 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The Great AIDS Pandemic Begins!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:53 am »
"This hack is offensive!
MOM, THIS GUY IS SAYING BAD THINGS!!!"

Well boo-hoo, bad for you.
Stop bitching and whining, the user gets his fair share of that with each hack.

Plain and simple, if you don't like it, don't play it.
Why is it so hard to do for some people?!

If the mods approved the submission, it means it's not breaking any rules, and no, they won't change the rules just because someone finds something offensive.
Imagine if I was of a certain religion or race and I bitched about an uncensored patch that restores something ditched from the original game due to complaints. It's the same case here, although these hacks are intentional.

Just cut it off, I am not too fond of these hacks neither but I appreciate the effort the user put into them.
If you're not here to give constructive criticism, shut it. The mods won't appeal to your demands you little spoiled mommy boys.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »
Interesting. There might be some potential in more depression-style romhacks. "I'm sorry Mario, the princess isn't here. And she won't be in the next castle either. You'll never find her. Just give up. It's all pointless. I'm sorry Mario. I'm so, so, very sorry."

I love this idea.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

SquidKid

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 08:24:45 am »
How about we discuss the hack at large.

This hack was started about the time I finished it's sister hack, "f*ck Dick Nazi Random Offensive Word Tetris".  It shares many of the same themes. Genocide being the main one. The AIDS pandemic that wiped out mankind was manmade, and not the result of a certain penile organization. Who or what is responsble for it is yet to be revealed, but when it is, everything that has happened in every hack I've made prior will make more sense.

Like several other hacks I've done, I went out of my way to make the hack feel dreary and strange. No longer do you have the cheery atmosphere of Dr. Mario. You boot the game and you see this man, clearly upset and on the verge of giving up. Just standing there motionless. An aids virus dancing in place screaming "get aids".

There is no music to speak of on the title screen. Just a short Bzzt that occurs every few seconds. When you reach the menu, you are assaulted with various phrases meant to make yoj feel uneasy. The gameplay is the same, but the plot takes advantage of the lack of an actual ending. No matter how much you play, you will never ever truly win against AIDS. The in game music is a cocophony of noise meant to make you feel nervous. In the track "laugh" you can even hear the AIDS viruses laughing at you as you try in vain to stop them. once you return to the menu after losing, youll notice that the menu is now shaking and the music has become a dull roar of notes. This is to simulate the pain in knowing that youve just killed someone  on accident.

Wow... Why the heck would you want to "stimulate the pain in knowing that youve just killed someone"? So you intentionally made it so people feel bad when they play it? There are enough real things in the world that can make someone feel bad.. can't imagine why anyone would want to play something like this. Yeah, yeah my post count is very low, I just play the hacks and have never made any. The reason people are "whining" about this being on the front page is because they have sense enough to realize that someone who might have lost a family member to a terminal disease (one of the most difficult things a human being can go through) could see that and obviously be hurt or offended (with good reason). Have you ever asked yourself what motivates you to make stuff like this?

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »
Wow... Why the heck would you want to "stimulate the pain in knowing that youve just killed someone"? So you intentionally made it so people feel bad when they play it? There are enough real things in the world that can make someone feel bad.. can't imagine why anyone would want to play something like this. Yeah, yeah my post count is very low, I just play the hacks and have never made any. The reason people are "whining" about this being on the front page is because they have sense enough to realize that someone who might have lost a family member to a terminal disease (one of the most difficult things a human being can go through) could see that and obviously be hurt or offended (with good reason). Have you ever asked yourself what motivates you to make stuff like this?

Welcome back djscrew. How's your ban going?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:10:13 pm by MasterGwonam »

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

Take a look at the "genocide" ending for "undertale". You literally have to apologize to the game in order to be able to start over.

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 03:11:18 pm »

The fact that a "bad hack" can elicit a legitimate emotional response from the player is doing more to propel the medium to the status of real art than all the variable width font hacks and gloved-hand menu selector hacks combined.

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:53 pm »
The fact that a "bad hack" can elicit a legitimate emotional response from the player is doing more to propel the medium to the status of real art than all the variable width font hacks and gloved-hand menu selector hacks combined.

Still not as offensive as Super Stalin, where you climb on a mountain of bones to reach a flagpole.

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:42 pm »
What I don't understand with you badass hackers is why do you do all this with pixels and video games. Go out there in the real world and kill some people, presumably Jews, steal ebola and throw it on a city, or join Trump and his KKK.

Reminds me of some "badass" hacker who also made a hack with a bad dead style, lots of fwording etc etc, then he made a freaking Let's play video/videos with the freaking infinity health cheat on! Looser chicken. That's what he was. He/you have no insight of how real combat looks like, where you don't have multiple lives to start over and the gore is not an 8 bit pixel "art".

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 03:38:47 pm »
What I don't understand with you badass hackers is why do you do all this with pixels and video games. Go out there in the real world and kill some people, presumably Jews, steal ebola and throw it on a city, or join Trump and his KKK.

Reminds me of some "badass" hacker who also made a hack with a bad dead style, lots of fwording etc etc, then he made a freaking Let's play video/videos with the freaking infinity health cheat on! Looser chicken. That's what he was. He/you have no insight of how real combat looks like, where you don't have multiple lives to start over and the gore is not an 8 bit pixel "art".

[Comment removed]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:47:42 am by Azkadellia »

popehentai

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »

You have a seriously tenuous grasp on reality, dont you?

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 04:03:29 pm »

Funny how it's someone that doesn't like Donald Trump that goes and suggests someone to go and actually murder someone (even suggesting a specific religion to target) or join the Ku Klux Klan.

But hey, as long as you hate Trump you get to plaster swastikas on your sig and actually encourage the things you think are offensive! Makes a whole lot of fucking sense.

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 04:09:16 pm »
The real question is, what has vortex contributed to this website other than nagging? No art? No programming? This isn't tumblr. Work on something productive or get out!

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 04:12:13 pm »

...what is wrong with you? You think writing about/drawing these topics is equivalent to going out, killing people and "throwing ebola on a city," whatever that means? I don't even know how to respond to this garbage.

freem

• ɯǝǝɹɟ
    • View Profile
    • AJWorld
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 04:17:00 pm »
What I don't understand with you badass hackers

Quote from: Firefox
Firefox can't find the server at www.badasshacks.net.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 04:20:47 pm »

Wait a second. This is Puzzledude talking about KGP4death, right? (not joking) You sneaky... :)

The real question is, what has vortex contributed to this website other than nagging? No art? No programming? This isn't tumblr. Work on something productive or get out!

I'm now convinced that it is Puzzledude. I've never heard anyone else say "bad dead" instead of Evil Dead and then there's the last part. It's gotta be him.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 04:30:45 pm »
Wait a second. This is Puzzledude talking about KGP4death, right? (not joking) You sneaky... :)

I'm now convinced that it is Puzzledude. I've never heard anyone else say "bad dead" instead of Evil Dead and then there's the last part. It's gotta be him.

They need to ban these bullies. They are useless and make RHDN a hostile place to be in.

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 04:32:18 pm »
I'd just like to point out yet again that if any of us were to go into someone else's hack project thread and be even half as rude as Vortex is about how much of a waste of time we think their project is, we would probably be banned instantly. Say goodnight to the bad guy, etc.

MasterGwonam

• Restricted Access
  • Soldier of Squad Allah
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 04:34:15 pm »
I'd just like to point out yet again that if any of us were to go into someone else's hack project thread and be even half as rude as Vortex is about how much of a waste of time we think their project is, we would probably be banned instantly. Say goodnight to the bad guy, etc.

It would be my second permaban.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 05:08:32 pm »
Meh, anyone who says they're anti-Trump seems to get a free pass at spreading that kind of rude, hateful garbage in any social circle, while excusing this behavior with their dislike over one guy they pretend is a racist. It's retarded.

Also, that AIDs virus is absolutely adorable.  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:14:48 pm by Bahamut ZERO »
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 05:21:48 pm »
I'm honestly not a fan of hacks like these at all, but this works surprisingly well with Dr. Mario.  If you think about the story involved and the actual gameplay and no ending.. it's pretty amazing honestly.  It's a hack to make everything dick but the gloomy story fits ridiculously well for such a simplistic game so I definitely give props for that.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'