News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: FF3 nes - MP boost  (Read 839 times)

joe73ffdq

• View Profile
FF3 nes - MP boost
« on: April 27, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »
I got burned out on my projects with FF1 and DW2, because they got to big to keep up with. After 2 months of no work on anything, I decided to set up a document to do one simple thing... Adjust the MP gains for all characters, with mainly tightening Lv1 and Lv2  discrepancies.

One quick question though. Do stats and MP adjust to a given patch, if characters are already at level 30 for example, or will the gains before level 30 not reflect. I imagine that most people who are playing this, will not be starting at level 1, and are already in progression.

I have contemplated working on this for over a year, and I just got a document set up to start the work. One simple goal here, to improve MP gains, and maybe stats also, as each character has 2 bytes per level up. The first one is for stats, of which can go up as much as 7 per stat on a level up. The second byte is for MP up.

This will be an uncomplicated process, because it will all be on one page, and I can just mark the page as I make adjustments.

Preliminary idea here, is to make 3 patches. One for MP tightening, with little increase in level 99 finals. Then a 10% and a 30 increase, with also adding level 8 MP for white and black mages for example. Then possibly a separate patch for warrior type class MP.

So I was wondering, because I dont know for sure. Do previous gains reflect for characters at level 30 for example.