News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Final Fantasy IV - The Un-J2e Version  (Read 13475 times)

KillerBob

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy IV - The Un-J2e Version
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 09:53:05 am »
The J2E patch also introduced a bug on the equipment screen - the item window is visible through the equipment icons. Similar to the see through magic icons in battle.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 09:54:23 am »
The J2E patch also introduced a bug on the equipment screen - the item window is visible through the equipment icons. Similar to the see through magic icons in battle.

No kidding?

That definitely sounds beyond my current ability to address.
Yamero~~!

KillerBob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:28 am »
No kidding?

That definitely sounds beyond my current ability to address.
Sorry, it was apparently fixed in the "j2e-anniversary patch".

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:23 am »
Actually this is a bug in the original FF4 as well, where transparent colour is used as "black" in many places, such as boxes when you open chests, boxes that show the spell name in battle, and of course all kinds of menus. This was fixed in FF5 where a separate layer was used for text as opposed to window background.

KillerBob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »
Actually this is a bug in the original FF4 as well, where transparent colour is used as "black" in many places, such as boxes when you open chests, boxes that show the spell name in battle, and of course all kinds of menus. This was fixed in FF5 where a separate layer was used for text as opposed to window background.
I know, but the equipment screen in the original game is not affected in this way an earlier j2e patch is:

See the messed up sword and shield icons. But my comment can be ignored anyway because it seems to have been fixed in later patches. Sorry for the confusion.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 02:21:26 pm »
I just hope when Tomato is done with his totally awesome and extensive FFIV study that a new patch will be made based on his translation, ie: without anything made up & the wooseyism (which have never amused me one bit, screw nostalgia on this one).
One can hope!

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 05:03:18 pm »
I just hope when Tomato is done with his totally awesome and extensive FFIV study that a new patch will be made based on his translation, ie: without anything made up & the wooseyism (which have never amused me one bit, screw nostalgia on this one).
One can hope!

One can hope that you don't mean literal Woolseyisms.

FF4 was originally translated by Ms. Kaoru Moriyama, if anyone's going to come to my house and sock me, she has the right.
Yamero~~!

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 05:14:36 pm »
One can hope that you don't mean literal Woolseyisms.

FF4 was originally translated by Ms. Kaoru Moriyama, if anyone's going to come to my house and sock me, she has the right.
Oh indeed, I thought 'you spoony bard' came directly from Woolsey, my bad :S