News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Documents: Equinox rom hacking document  (Read 5702 times)

RHDNBot

Documents: Equinox rom hacking document
« on: January 08, 2006, 06:59:23 pm »
This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Jigglysaint

This is a ROM Hacking document for the SNES puzzle-action game, Equinox. Included are offsets and explanations for a few level basics such as room editing, door editing, and other assorted things.

I bet you wouldn't be surprised to find out that document is in ROMhacking.net's database would you?

Relevant Link: (http://www.metroid2002.com/jigglysaint/equinox.txt)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Documents: Equinox rom hacking document
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:51:27 pm »
Notice this: http://rustedmagick.com/mb/thread.php?id=247

Apparenly, Equinox had a plot at some point. Probably NPCs and everything.
The text is still in the ROM (and the Japanese and English versions must have been developed simultaneously, as both the Japanese and English text/fonts/title logos are present in both the Japanese and US ROMs. Though the US ROM appears to have some extra text sounding like an ad, or the box, or something. Apparently, it was actually used if you waited for a few demos to pass at the title. Not sure about the Japanese version, though.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Dais

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:57:51 am »
You mean plot besides the ending?
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,8794.0.html
Rule number 7: Don't post private messages ever, even from zero-post members who send you images of mutilated genitalia or from mods who warn you that you will be banned
NOTE: Violation of invisible rule 7 can warrant a ban

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:51:51 pm »
I suck and I could never get past dungeon 3, but the text I found in the ROM suggested there was a plot line throughout the game intended at some point. Definitely worth checking out. (I posted a font table in that message board thread, and it is in the neighborhood of offset 50000 in the ROM (script contains both Japanese and English translations of each line, though who decided "Tairyoku wo kaifukushita" ("Vitality recovered".) translated to "DELICIOUS"? :P ). At least according to the post I made. And it's actually the US ROM that seems to have added 256KB to the ROM for no reason.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:46:33 pm »
I never ventured into the text hacking part, I was mostly concerned with the creation of new dungeons.  That reminds me, I do have an ips of the first dungeon that has been changed arround.  The level format is kinda of strange, but once you get used to it, it can actually be quite versitile.  I would really love to see an editor for this game come out.