News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Looking for debugging help with Resident Evil: Survivor  (Read 1016 times)

IlDucci

• View Profile
Looking for debugging help with Resident Evil: Survivor
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:20:26 pm »
Hi, I've been playing around with the PAL ENG and PAL FRA versions of Resident Evil: Survivor and I've found out that the English version actually has subtitles, just has them disabled. I've been able to play with texts, graphics and videos, but debugging/ASM hacking isn't my forte. Can anyone help me out trying to reenable the subtitles on the PAL ENG version?

I'd also need some other minor stuff like finding X/Y coordinates and stuff, but the real deal would be reactivating those subtitles and playing with the fonts/font writers.

Just to prove I've edited stuff around (Captured from French version with subtitles enabled by default):

Sorry for the watermark abuse.

IlDucci

• View Profile
Re: Looking for debugging help with Resident Evil: Survivor
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:44:39 am »
Hey, me and a friend are slowly but surely finding all the minor stuff, we've recentered 95% of the menus, but there's no dice with the voice subtitles.

So far we've found out that the subtitles are printed into memory on the English version, they're just not shown. Maybe that type of text is disabled or (If the job was sloppy) moved outside the screen. We're stuck at that point.