News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Kamen no Ninja: Akakage & Perman 1 English Translation RELEASED!  (Read 3242 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Zynk Oxhyde

Another two old Famicom games translated to English by Zynk Oxhyde.

THE MASKED NINJA: AKAKAGE; and,

PERMAN: RETURN THE SAUCER!

Akakage was easy to translate because of very few text. The game was very memorable because of the anime-ish graphics and it was a very mysterious game without knowing what the things are happening. But the game was really a very linear game with not much plot. And most of the items seem incomplete and with Akakage's sidekicks, Aokage - the quick ninja boy with the boomerang, & Shirokage - who seems to have nothing special on him. (Forgot to mention those two characters in the readme, meh)

Perman 1 is remarkably a fun platformer dabbled with some minigames that are essential to get a perfect game to make the boardgame boss battle easier to deal with. There are some stages where you can play as Booby (aka Perman#2), a monkey who has much more jumping power. Too bad you can't play as Perko (aka Perman#3) and Peryan (aka Perman#4), however, these two play as support in the BBB section.

FOOTNOTE: There's a translated Perman 2 by KingMike, but Perman 1 was left untranslated by some reason; really, why Perman 2 first and not Perman 1?? (And should the translation turn "Paaman" into "Perman" for the sake of correcting it?)

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Synnae

• View Profile
More translations are always welcome. :woot!:

Thank you Zynk. ^^

Digitsie

• View Profile
Why not just offer a Perman 2 screen addendum to that patch for conformity?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
FOOTNOTE: There's a translated Perman 2 by KingMike, but Perman 1 was left untranslated by some reason; really, why Perman 2 first and not Perman 1?? (And should the translation turn "Paaman" into "Perman" for the sake of correcting it?)

I forgot. Maybe the second was easier to hack. Or maybe someone said they were already working on it (and then never did). Or maybe the board game boss battles were too annoying.
I recall having have limited tile space for the title as well. Those As should be using the same tiles (and the eyeball holes are sprites. I recall at the time it was difficult for me to find and move them).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:48:17 pm by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
^I noticed that both Perman 1 & 2 doesn't play on FCEUX 2.2.2. Does that emulator need an update its Irem mapper?

I recall having have limited tile space for the title as well. Those As should be using the same tiles (and the eyeball holes are sprites. I recall at the time it was difficult for me to find and move them).
Proveaux gave me the offsets for the title logo for Perman 1, I'm so confused at the control hex, the screen is so shitty to edit unlike Akakage that has it plainly laid down. He also gave the eyeball offsets (those are also sprites), I haven't checked it yet on how to move the eyes' position, I already made a mock title logo, but as I said, the game's title logo format is a hell to edit. Maybe I'll just adjust my mockup and copy/paste it on the graphics instead, then if I could move the eyeball to the right position...  :-\

March 01, 2016, 11:03:15 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
PERMAN: RETURN THE SPACE SAUCER! v2.0 - New Titlescreen hacked by Proveaux!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:03:15 pm by Zynk Oxhyde »

Proveaux

• View Profile
Happy it came out the way you wanted it.  :)