News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Assistance with a few sentences from a manual.  (Read 1911 times)

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
Assistance with a few sentences from a manual.
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »
I always hate to ask this since I feel like I'm being needy, but I would appreciate any help here. Each one of a small part of the manual that I'm trying to figure out about the game to play it better, For a higher score. I have a general idea of what it says based on logical gameplay, but I'd like to know more. It's really fun.

Main Character Screen

I know the words in the black capsules, but the specific item meanings would be helpful, and of course the Special at the end.

Here, your character has a nickname, that if you catch the letters, you'll earn points I think. If you're playing two players, the name changes and you'll have to score points with a new nickname. Also, if you choose the wrong letters, you'll lose any letters you've scored.

There appears to be a Rank structure in the game that when you hit a certain point, you'll get a new rank.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:04:17 pm by wyndcrosser »

watashinicksan

• View Profile
Re: Assistance with a few sentences from a manual.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:20 pm »
How to play
After pressing start at the title screen, select your difficulty. Then press the A button to choose your character and the game will start.

About the characters
Every character has a different attack power and movement speed. Please choose according to your play style.

Item descriptions (top to bottom left then right column)
Power~ collecting three will power up your shot by 1 level
Weapon~ increases remaining number of bullets
Life~ restores life guage
Energy~ restores energy guage
Merit bonus~ a special bonus
Flamethrower~ a flame weapon
Missile launcher ~fires 6 missiles
Round charger ~ become able to shoot in 8 directions
Boomerang gun~ a boomerang that pierces through the enemy
Plate bonus~ an additional bonus point when you clear the stage

About bonus keywords
plates with alphabet letters on them are in all the stages. When you collect them according to your Characters code name you get a bonus. The various characters code names are as follows. ( please collect bolded letters)

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:20:58 am »
Merit bonus~ a special bonus

Just a small comment, but I'd probably recommend something close to "Medal Bonus" or "Commendation Bonus," since merit bonus sounds closer to a salary increase, and these are meant to be in reference to the military medals of honor (like the purple heart, etc.) given to soldiers for their service.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 05:26:20 pm »
Thank you to both of you. I appreciate the assistance. If I can ever be of service, let me know.

Edit: Any chance either one of you could help with the last one? The one with the rank structure? Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:37:02 pm by wyndcrosser »

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
Functionality for Evaluating Results
After getting a game-over, you are given one of 30 ranks based on the US-military depending on the how the player played the game and their skill.
(the details of the calculation are shown on screen, though the calculation method is a secret)

Literal translation, but that's what it says!

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »
Literal translation, but that's what it says!

Thanks, have you ever done any translation work for any games on RH.net? I see your profile didn't show any. Just curious.

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 08:45:12 pm »
On the site, nope! Got a few projects (Dice de Chocobo for GBA, a re-translation of Legend of the Mystical Ninja, etc.) on my hard drive that I'm slowly picking away at, but most of my work is professional and fan manga translation and other translation stuff that'd bore most people to death.  :P