News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Complete Hack: Lode Runner Blue Released!  (Read 2868 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Complete Hack: Lode Runner Blue Released!
« on: February 02, 2016, 06:06:49 am »

Update By: Strobenz

Strobenz has released his first ROM hack of the Lode Runner [Color] series. Using the Lode Funner tool made by Disch, 41 of the 50 original levels were completely remade, while the other 9 have been tweaked to be harder than before. Lode Runner Blue itself is a challenging game that requires the player to have advanced skills so they can beat the entire game!

Lode Runner is a simple game; the goal is to grab all pieces of gold and escape the mine. To do this, the player is equipped with a ray gun that digs holes on bricks. Digging such holes is essential for the game to be beaten. There's at least one enemy in each level, which the player must either avoid, trap in holes or use as a tool to reach all of the gold!

The original game itself isn't really that easy, and Lode Runner Blue takes it to another level by featuring up to six enemies on each level (instead of the regular three), plus complex and difficult brick arrangements, especially on the final levels.

It is strongly recommended that you play the original Lode Runner first if you're unfamiliar with it, because Lode Runner Blue can surely be frustrating at some points! The last three levels are the most difficult ones in the entire hack! Think you can get that far and beat them?

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Quick Curly

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Complete Hack: Lode Runner Blue Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »
Congratulations on your first official release, Strobenz! It's a very nice hack. :beer:

I grew up with Lode Runner, and once I saw this release, I knew that I wanted to take a break from working on stuff to play it. Hopefully I can go far. :D

Do you have any plans for future projects? I look forward to seeing more from you. ;D

Strobenz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »
Hey! Thank you very much for such an awesome comment!

Although I was born in the N64-Gamecube era, my dad always loved NES and SNES games, so I used to play them a lot when I was little and I guess I can say that I too grew up with Lode Runner haha, one of my all-time favorite videogames ever. Thank you for playing my hack!

And yesssss I do! Since I don't really have much time to learn how to hack other games I'll probably be releasing hacks of this game only  :P Almost ready for release is Lode Runner Grey, and on the works is Lode Runner Neon  ;D ;D ;D I just love this game so much I really never get enough of it!

oracylum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:04 pm »
Great job on the hack.

By the way, think the 'relevant link' link on the home page is messed up, just directs to an email page.

Strobenz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
Thank you!

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately I can't change it because the original post was posted by the RH bot...

This would make a better Relevant link ;D

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »
Fix'd.

For future reference, I believe that from this page you should see an edit button on your own news submissions. Those edits are propagated to the forum.

DANGER X

• Nes hacker & player
    • View Profile
    • Deadpool Nes
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:51 pm »
More Load Runner hacks great

Quick Curly at which project are you working at? Will you hack Adventure island 1?