News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Need help with a Final Fantasy VII patch  (Read 1006 times)

Giud

• View Profile
Need help with a Final Fantasy VII patch
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:08:18 pm »
Hi, everyone! As you can see I'm new here, but only as a member since I've done my fair share of lurking on this site ;) I have to admit,though, my main motivation for registering today was the predicament I find myself in ATM. For some reason I simply can't get a patch for Final Fantasy VII(PS1 version) to work.  An awesome member on another forum created a patch that I have always wanted - the ability to disable the screen flash that happens when you score a critical hit by simply removing critical hits from the game. Don't know about you guys, but I've always felt that effect was way too overdone and quite taxing on the eyes. But the problem is no matter what I do, I can't get the patch to work. The patching process itself is quite simple and the patch creator has confirmed that it ,indeed, does work. Basically, what I'm asking here is for someone to try to apply the patch so that way if they're successful I can maybe learn what it is that I'm doing wrong. Needless to say, I would be overjoyed if someone could help me out with this.

EDIT: I guess I should add that the only programs you'll need are CDmage( to apply the patch) and epsxe( to test if said patch works or not). If anyone is interested, I will post a link for the patch.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:10:35 am by Giud »

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
Re: Need help with a Final Fantasy VII patch
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »
Does the patch end in ".ppf"? (They usually do.)

Use PPF-O-MATIC V3.0 to apply the patch to a “.img” or “.bin” of your ISO. That program should be hosted on RHDN.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:40:21 pm by NERV Agent »