News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: MSU-1 hacks  (Read 2698 times)

azidahaka

• View Profile
MSU-1 hacks
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:52:15 am »
I was wondering if there's a tutorial on how to create them... My google skill showed just a page of someone attempting and failing after 2 years due to the lack of informations about the process.

Is there a reference document accessible to most people or the best thing would be to "pair with someone that already knows how to do it" :D

I have a few ideas in mind and i wouldn't mind to make the audio selection/looping work in case.

In short any suggestin/direction is welcome!

clarkyk85

• View Profile
Re: MSU-1 hacks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 02:04:13 am »
this video shows some of the stuff that goes into making a msu-1 audio swap happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZHEWfejCo

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:32:32 am »
this video shows some of the stuff that goes into making a msu-1 audio swap happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZHEWfejCo

Thanks i wished there was something written for it's very hard for me to keep up concentration with videos  :-[ Also it seems he is giving for granted a good amount of infos while he is explaining and the fact that he got lost a bit himself is disheartening :D

i'll stay on the look :)

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:33:11 pm »
I think these patches are awesome, and makes the games fresh again, but I hope the MSU can be supported on the consoles rather than on computer.

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 03:51:17 am »
I think these patches are awesome, and makes the games fresh again, but I hope the MSU can be supported on the consoles rather than on computer.

They are supported by the console you just need a Super everdrive or sd2snes... I just wish the process was a bit more linear

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 05:41:33 am »
They are supported by the console you just need a Super everdrive or sd2snes... I just wish the process was a bit more linear

Actually, MSU1 is only supported by sd2snes. The Super Everdrive, while perfectly good for the vast majority of games, just doesn't have the hardware needed.

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:03:25 am »
Actually, MSU1 is only supported by sd2snes. The Super Everdrive, while perfectly good for the vast majority of games, just doesn't have the hardware needed.

Are you sure? i'm 99% sure it does support msu since months ago?

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 02:52:36 pm »
If it does, that's the first I've heard of it. There was no support at the time I bought mine, which was a few months ago. Do you have any source on this?

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 02:21:29 am »
If it does, that's the first I've heard of it. There was no support at the time I bought mine, which was a few months ago. Do you have any source on this?

My bad i searched and it seems i'm very wrong. I'm getting old  :huh:

IIRC it does have the spc player?

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:06 am »
It doesn't. The PowerPak does.