News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [GBA] Magical Vacation English Translation  (Read 61959 times)

huangyuanyeshu

• View Profile
Re: [GBA] Magical Vacation English Translation
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2016, 11:18:00 pm »
Can someone please tell me how to apply the .bps patch?I'm using VBA.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2016, 11:39:33 pm »
Use beat to patch a Magical Vacation GBA ROM ;)

huangyuanyeshu

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2016, 08:25:49 pm »
thx :D

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »
Look at this!

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2016, 04:23:15 am »
Look at this!

So much for that fully translated into English thing, huh? Though I guess removing the Japanese and putting an English word in it's place is translating? :P

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2016, 07:37:26 am »
Be happy that we have an almost translated rom. :-)
We can also collect the issues and improve the translation patch, so that it becomes a fully translated rom.
But the current status is already awesome (from my point of view).

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2016, 08:42:17 pm »
Indeed is a great release.

I just posted the image in order to report an issue or a funny fact.  ;) Also in order to be fixed in a future update for the patch.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2016, 01:24:38 pm »
Hi. I have found another crashing bug in the Abyssal realm. There's a city in which you can find four or five water people. If you talk to one of them, I don't remember exactly who, and having Blueberry in your party (dunno if it happens the same when Blueberry is not in your party) the game freezes the same way it does when talking to one of the treemen mentioned in a previous post in this same thread.

Aditionally, so far I've found about 7-8 spots in which, instead of the dialog, it says "untranslated".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:18:33 pm by aqualung »

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »
Hi. I have found another crashing bug in the Abyssal realm. There's a city in which you can find four or five water people. If you talk to one of them, I don't remember exactly who, and having Blueberry in your party (dunno if it happens the same when Blueberry is not in your party) the game freezes the same way it does when talking to one of the treemen mentioned in a previous post in this same thread.

Aditionally, so far I've found about 7-8 spots in which, instead of the dialog, it says "untranslated".
Which emu are you using?

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2016, 10:21:21 am »
Which emu are you using?

The one we were talking about in the previous page, VBA-M SVN 1229. I'm not using any gba bios, perhaps that could be significant.

By the way, the place I was refering before is May village, and the water people are at the inn. If Blueberry is not in your party, I've checked it now, the game does not freeze (it does so when Blueberry is about to translate what that character is saying)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2016, 12:21:32 pm »
Interesting.  I hope it could be fixed.

osm198628

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »
plsss help..need to fix this bug..im still at dark realm right now..this bug happens when the group started their dialogues along with nectar and sesame, when blueberry shouted( I think ) to sesame..the game willnot proceed next..I reload the game and still im stucked..plsss.. I appreciate any solution..im playing this in my android phone using myboy gba emulator..tnx..

Daser

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2016, 07:21:29 pm »
plsss help..need to fix this bug..im still at dark realm right now..this bug happens when the group started their dialogues along with nectar and sesame, when blueberry shouted( I think ) to sesame..the game willnot proceed next..I reload the game and still im stucked..plsss.. I appreciate any solution..im playing this in my android phone using myboy gba emulator..tnx..

I have exactly the same problem !
If we choose Blueberry in partner before go to the Dark Realm this dialog box freez. :/

That's strange, several passage have a bug with Blueberry apparently. If someone want to play the game, remember to not choose her.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:41:13 pm by Daser »

osm198628

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2016, 10:04:24 pm »
your right...I was hoping that their is a solution about this bug...I dont want to start the game all over again...  :(

Daser

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2016, 06:12:14 am »
The most important thing was to report the bug, now we just have to wait a version without, it will probably take some time. :)

Archaemic

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2016, 08:46:32 pm »
Hello, endrift here (using an old username). In order to help me debug the issues in mGBA, can someone provide more explicit instructions about how to reproduce the bugginess in this game? I have played a bit of the game without encountering any issues, and being as busy as I am, I'd prefer to get some help (e.g. reproduction steps, or a savestate/save game shortly before it freezes) so I don't have to play too much of the game just to debug it. Other helpful info with debugging is to see if it reproduces when using the official BIOS, and log information with all of the logging levels enabled.

Although I have heard good things about the game so maybe I should put some hours into it.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »
It is rude to request translation patches.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,6734.0.html
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2016, 12:36:20 pm »
Fine. Removed the ideas. But where's the harm in making a smaller list with games that are more interesting than that large platform list over there so as to reduce the amount of research efforts taken? Oh well, whatever.

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »
Hello, endrift here (using an old username). In order to help me debug the issues in mGBA, can someone provide more explicit instructions about how to reproduce the bugginess in this game? I have played a bit of the game without encountering any issues, and being as busy as I am, I'd prefer to get some help (e.g. reproduction steps, or a savestate/save game shortly before it freezes) so I don't have to play too much of the game just to debug it. Other helpful info with debugging is to see if it reproduces when using the official BIOS, and log information with all of the logging levels enabled.

Although I have heard good things about the game so maybe I should put some hours into it.

There are no explicit instructions. The freezes I encountered (In my case using the Wii nightly releases) are just random. They seemed to happen more often when text boxes were closing (At least looked like that), but they could occur in any moment. talking, walking around, fighting...

Because that it's kinda hard to make a savestate right before it happens.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

Archaemic

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2016, 12:34:13 am »
I managed to trace down the bug; it would be triggered by how long the game's been running for. A DMA would keep going when it shouldn't, and started overwriting memory. It's fixed now and should work fine in the next nightly.