News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) FULL PATCH RELEASED  (Read 24342 times)

estece

• View Profile
Re: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) BETA PATCH RELEASED
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2017, 01:52:23 pm »
I loaded my old all things complete save into patched ISO.I added DLC. I saved on new save.Restarted fat psp fw 6v60.Started and loaded last save.Then i go into library and the screens were missing on 1st and 2nd page and one or two on other ones, and then i got back to video playback and selected 3rd video but i didn't start it and the psp froze then turned off.

Mugi

• Sony-colored Glasses
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2017, 04:06:19 pm »
i can try it on vitatv with adrenaline if someone points me to the direction of the patch.
In PSP we trust.

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »
I updated the patch in my original post. Hopefully it will be better now. The PSP freeze I also had after testing the patch some more on my PSP is now gone, so I'm hopeful.

i can try it on vitatv with adrenaline if someone points me to the direction of the patch.

You can find the patch in my original post, just follow the mini-guide ;)

Mugi

• Sony-colored Glasses
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2017, 06:40:53 pm »
Okay, so i can confirm that it does freeze out on adrenaline after the opening FMV (exact same screen for me than the other guy.)

now i did a bit of googling and the error C1-2858-3 appears to be some form of error you might see on Adrenaline when you install it using a psp mini as a base (which is what the easy installer of adrenaline does, so most people have this.)

apparently Fl0w released a fix for this but i didnt manage to find proper version numbers from anywhere so no idea which release of adrenaline is supposed to "fix" this.
i know for sure that im definitely not running the latest build of adrenaline, but since it doesnt show it's version number anywhere, i have no idea which version im running either :P

edit: well tested on doing a full reinstall to adrenaline 5 (latest?) still no go.
edit2: tested on 6.60 CFW PSP2000 and same thing, it crashes instantly when you start a new mission and skip the cutscene.
ppsspp runs it fine though.

i didnt really try to analyze it in full length but from the looks of it i'd say there's something fishy with the text renderer since it crashes the instant moment when it attempts to start drawing text to the screen. Since it does run on ppsspp though, it will be a pain in the ass to debug if that's what you're using. Might be worth it's while to get psplink and debug on the thing itself, assuming you have no access to development hardware.

the patch looks really nice though, great job on completing the translation!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:14:37 pm by Mugi »
In PSP we trust.

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2017, 03:58:18 am »
The correct patch version is uploaded now. I had to do it in a hurry last night and screwed up with the link. It should be a-ok now.

Niconova

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2017, 05:11:23 am »
RTT2patch v0.2.xdelta  to PS Vita Adrenaline works fine!!! :thumbsup: And  PS Vita ARK Works fine!! Good Job!! I'm happy :D

Mugi

• Sony-colored Glasses
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2017, 09:34:32 am »
seconded, runs fine now :)
In PSP we trust.

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2017, 08:20:46 pm »
I had this bug in there, maybe that's it. Need to test it on a real PSP later, working properly on emulator after fix. Maybe that's not it though, because that bug has been there for awhile and did not cause problems for some reason. It's definitely possible for this bug to cause crashes on real PSPs.

Yukari-Sama

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but on certain missions the game freezes and then proceeds to restart my computer. No idea as to why it is behaving like that. Maybe the map is too big, or too much is happening all at once? So far, the missions that have done it to me, but may not be limited to, are:
-Ch. 1: mission 12
-Ch. 3: missions 14 & 17 (the one where you fight Forres, the giant green robot)
Anything you guys have to offer as to possibly fix this problem?

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:29 pm »
I started up the missions you mentioned, but didn't encounter any freezes/errors with PPSSPP. I tested mission 12 on PSP as well, but nothing went wrong, so I don't think it has anything to do with the patch.

PPSSPP does require some minimum specs for a PC to run it though, but given nowadays computers, it would be unlikely you didn't meet those. You could check to be sure. Have you tried/ can you try on PSP?

Yukari-Sama

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2017, 06:22:10 pm »
I started up the missions you mentioned, but didn't encounter any freezes/errors with PPSSPP. I tested mission 12 on PSP as well, but nothing went wrong, so I don't think it has anything to do with the patch.

PPSSPP does require some minimum specs for a PC to run it though, but given nowadays computers, it would be unlikely you didn't meet those. You could check to be sure. Have you tried/ can you try on PSP?

Patch-wise, I have not tested it on my PSP yet. However, I have gone and beaten the whole game with no problems at all. The freezes do not occur immediately by starting up a mission. Rather, they take place sometime during the mission. Regardless, I am not sure if it may just be a problem on my end. It could very well be, but I will continue to experiment with missions here and there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:00:27 pm by Yukari-Sama »

halosammy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2017, 12:02:31 am »
I know this is skirting the rule against making specific requests, but since the work is already done, I hope the moderators will make an exception. I don't have a PSP, or PSP emulator, but I'm very interested in the lore of R-TYPE. Is there an easily readable file with story stuff, unit descriptions, anything plot related, etc? If not, then forget I said anything. I'm only asking in case you already have it, and you are under no obligation to make one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:09:07 am by halosammy »

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
Please do! That's what beta-testing is for :)

June 17, 2017, 08:20:49 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I know this is skirting the rule against making specific requests, but since the work is already done, I hope the moderators will make an exception. I don't have a PSP, or PSP emulator, but I'm very interested in the lore of R-TYPE. Is there an easily readable file with story stuff, unit descriptions, anything plot related, etc? If not, then forget I said anything. I'm only asking in case you already have it, and you are under no obligation to make one.

Whoops, didn't notice your post there.

We have our translation file, but the problem is that it contains everything, which is referral codes, summed up player choice lines, defeat lines, repeated lines like "Next page"or "Go Home", text box titles, etc., so it certainly wouldn't be like reading a book. More so, I think if you haven't been studying this game like we did for the past 1,5 years, it would be really hard to follow. We could filter out all of that stuff and put into something more readable, but considering that there are over 9000 (yes, literally) lines for the story alone, you'll understand that would take too much time.

Your best bet would be to get PPSSPP (it's completely free if you don't wish to donate), the RTT2 original ISO and someone's endgame savefile that has unlocked everything to view all the units. Do mind that for the story, you'll still need to finish each mission, given that after winning a mission, there are also a few pages of text.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:20:49 am by Isourou-san »

halosammy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »
Please do! That's what beta-testing is for :)

June 17, 2017, 08:20:49 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Whoops, didn't notice your post there.

We have our translation file, but the problem is that it contains everything, which is referral codes, summed up player choice lines, defeat lines, repeated lines like "Next page"or "Go Home", text box titles, etc., so it certainly wouldn't be like reading a book. More so, I think if you haven't been studying this game like we did for the past 1,5 years, it would be really hard to follow. We could filter out all of that stuff and put into something more readable, but considering that there are over 9000 (yes, literally) lines for the story alone, you'll understand that would take too much time.

Your best bet would be to get PPSSPP (it's completely free if you don't wish to donate), the RTT2 original ISO and someone's endgame savefile that has unlocked everything to view all the units. Do mind that for the story, you'll still need to finish each mission, given that after winning a mission, there are also a few pages of text.
Understood. I'll probably wait a couple months for updates to smooth out the translation, and get an emulator. Thanks for the reply.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2017, 02:47:30 pm »
So nice to see this finally making it out! Congrat's, Isourou-san and Flame!
(Goes off fighting his urge to play this right here right now...)

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2017, 06:59:02 am »
So nice to see this finally making it out! Congrat's, Isourou-san and Flame!
(Goes off fighting his urge to play this right here right now...)

Thanks! You're the one who jumpstarted this project a few times when it was stuck, so credit goes to you too.

No need to fight the urge, man. Give in... and report any errors to me! :)

Undaunted

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »
I have been tracking this project for a year now, and I just wanted to say thank you to all you guys who contributed to the project. I first played the original R-Type Tactics back in 2008 when I was 8 and I truly loved the game. I was very disappointed when I learned that the sequel wasn't going to be translated and localized for a US release and that Irem was disbanding. I never thought I would get to play this game and actually be able to understand the story and read about all the cool units and everything. I recently got into emulation and I was wondering, what settings do you guys use to play R-Type Tactics? The text and graphics are very blurry for me and I am not sure if it is just the limitations of emulation or that some of my settings may be the problem. Again, thank you so much for making my dream come true!  :)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2017, 06:20:34 pm »
Hi Undaunted,
If you play with ppsspp, there are a couple of things to check:
- use a "natural" PSP resolution to help with the appearance. This is done via Game Settings -> Window Size -> (choose x1 ... x4 as you prefer / fits in your screen)
- In particular, refrain from maximizing PPSSPP's window if you want to avoid blur.
- Double-check that the Game settings -> rendering resolution is "auto"
- play a bit with x1 size first, where nothing should be blur at all.

If the problem's still there, then we've got to look into more advanced settings (like double-checking you're using your graphics card for rendering etc). Not sure I can help, but I can try. Let me know.

Mugi

• Sony-colored Glasses
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »
check your emulator version, the earlier versions of ppsspp has a bug the devs accidentally introduced into it some versions back (which affects direcx9 rendering backend mostly) which has now been found and fixed thanks to the continuous hammering i gave the devs about unnaturally blurry image.
in zill o'll, this happened:

if this doesnt fix your issue AND if you are using nVidia graphics card, check that anisotrophic filtering is not enabled for ppsspp from nVidia control panel, i noticed this messes with ppsspp's output really badly (easy way to see if this affects you is to run the game, press F12 to take a screenshot, and then press printscreen to take a screenshot of the whole desktop. if the screenshot is not identical to the desktop printscreen, external filtering is affecting it.)

in general, the most crispy output is ALWAYS gained by using 1x rendering resolution (the image will be pixelated instead of blurred/smoothened) thought this applies more to 2D objects, such as text and menus. higher rendering resolutions fare much better with 3D content.
In PSP we trust.

Undaunted

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2017, 08:09:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, I will try your recommendations when I get home (I am away from my computer rn). Do any of you guys know anything about using the PPSSPP emulator on iOS? I always crash when I try to play games on it. My iPhone 6 is not jailbroken and I am running iOS 10.