News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) FULL PATCH RELEASED  (Read 24470 times)

arhesbranwin

• View Profile
Re: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) menu translation guidance (Preliminary work)
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »
I'd love to help test if you need someone.  I can't wait to play this game and know what's going on.

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2017, 11:32:38 am »
We'll probably release a patch in a matter of weeks (ranging from 2 to 100 ;) ). People will be free to relay any errors/suggestions if they like. Hang tight!

TornadoADV

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2017, 02:02:41 pm »
I signed up just because I ran into this thread. I cannot wait for this patch to be released so we can get the game that neither Atlus or Irem saw fit to give us!  :woot!:

darklord92

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2017, 08:10:14 pm »
Hey, I'm sorry for the name differing, but I am Bydolord from that older video of the trailer. I'm not quite sure how I can prove that other then talking about some specifics of it. The trailer itself is not my editing, and is the result of splicing a few changes from an older now lost english version of the trailer. From when Irem apparently was still gunning for an english release. The trailer itself had some differences (namely a scene cut from the battle part of the trailer) which I spliced back in, but it honestly isn't perfect. You can see this towards the end with a bit of a jitter when the bydo show up.

Though I mostly registered to upload a hack I just did to experiment with assembly level hacking. I'm very excited to see a translation effort rolling on this game. Love the series.

Magitek111

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2017, 11:21:15 am »
I have to say, I'm really excited for this. I've been hoping for a translation for this game ever since it came out. Right now I'm playing the first game. Hopefully it'll keep me busy until the patch comes out.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2017, 12:53:23 pm »
You might consider changing "Granzera" to "Granzella," considering that the old irem staff went on to found a company called "Granzella" after leaving irem, referencing R-Type.

Allplay1997

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »
Hey everyone!! So sorry for my long absence! I'm terribly sorry, my computer died on me (lost everything on it, CPU died due to overheating) and so I've lost everything I had on it, I've recovered Photoshop and am ready to continue work, once again I deeply apologize to the team for my disappearance, I had no other way to contact everyone :( I'm terribly sorry if what happened came across as a betrayal or me running away with the Beta Patch. :( Hopefully I am forgiven and we can all continue work on the translation.

P.S: It's also my birthday today :D ahem, anyways good to be back on the saddle ^^

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 01:21:24 pm »
Because of the romhacking server crash, my post from last week got sent into oblivion. I'll try to recollect what I wrote.

Hey, I'm sorry for the name differing, but I am Bydolord from that older video of the trailer. I'm not quite sure how I can prove that other then talking about some specifics of it. The trailer itself is not my editing, and is the result of splicing a few changes from an older now lost english version of the trailer. From when Irem apparently was still gunning for an english release. The trailer itself had some differences (namely a scene cut from the battle part of the trailer) which I spliced back in, but it honestly isn't perfect. You can see this towards the end with a bit of a jitter when the bydo show up.

Though I mostly registered to upload a hack I just did to experiment with assembly level hacking. I'm very excited to see a translation effort rolling on this game. Love the series.

Hi Bydolord/darklord92, glad to finally be able to get into contact with you! As I said before, you have some pretty mad editing skills. AND you're a fan of the series, so if you feel up to it, we could use your help with inserting a translated subtitled version of the trailer and the intro movie. The process is simple enough (extract .PMF video from the game, convert to .MP4+.WAV, hardcode subtitles, convert to .PMF, reinsert back into the game), but requires a bit of finesse to make it look good. I already did it, but the video quality suffered too much. It was my first try, so it should look better from someone more experienced, like you. Give me a call if you're interested. If not, I'll just release my version on youtube.

You might consider changing "Granzera" to "Granzella," considering that the old irem staff went on to found a company called "Granzella" after leaving irem, referencing R-Type.

That's actually a great idea since both are a possible translation from the Japanese katakana. It took me some time to find source on whether they specifically named it after RTT2, but I found it on the Japanese wikipedia page of "Granzella".

Hey everyone!! So sorry for my long absence! I'm terribly sorry, my computer died on me (lost everything on it, CPU died due to overheating) and so I've lost everything I had on it, I've recovered Photoshop and am ready to continue work, once again I deeply apologize to the team for my disappearance, I had no other way to contact everyone :( I'm terribly sorry if what happened came across as a betrayal or me running away with the Beta Patch. :( Hopefully I am forgiven and we can all continue work on the translation.

P.S: It's also my birthday today :D ahem, anyways good to be back on the saddle ^^

Hey Allplay. Glad you're still alive at least. You must live in a pretty isolated area if you your pc was your only access to the internet  ;) Anyway, it doesn't matter much now.

Blackdog is working on the GIM file translations. Once he's done, we can release the patch. Mind that it will probably be in a rough form (I'll add a step-by-step guide). Someone with more experience in patch releases will be welcome to refine the process.

Allplay1997

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
Not quite isolated, I was busy trying to get it back to work so I could come back as soon as possible, my phone isn't exactly what I'd call a "modern" phone. So sorry for the trouble!  :-[ that being said, I'm trying to get back all the stuff I had before, anyways I hope no one's mad at me >_< I'd still love to help in any way possible! :D

P.S: I saw all the new updates, still really sorry you thought I was using you all to get the patch :(

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:49 pm »
I think we got it.
There's tons of files with .SSD extension within the CMN.DAT archive file and its sub-archives (.FAT files). By they way, the CMN.DAT packing algorithm has files names, which makes things a bit easier.
I don't know the format, but it's guaranteed that those .SSD files have texture offsets that the game is using to draw those fancy pictures you see on the PSP screen.
I should post more details about it later. And we even got a sample "broken" image fixed.

So you can basically do whatever with those images and it will still work. We'll adjust offsets and sizes within the .SSD files to fit everything.

One thing I don't have solved is positions. Like for example, a shorter entry is centered in the box in which it appears. But to fix our larger image, we need to adjust the position of the entry to be all the way to the left within the box. I'll need to research it further. Anything left-aligned we should be able to make work.

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2017, 09:49:49 am »
Nice work on those GIM fixes, flame! All that's left now, is the GIM files that don't have an R-Type Command counterpart.

UPDATE #7 (May 2017):
Pardon the long hiatus. Things have been going slow and were basically out of my hands. Due to circumstances, Black can no longer work on the GIM files, so here is another call to anyone willing and able to work on them. Everything is fully translated and flame can provide technical assistance. Details are further in the thread, starting around September 2016.

Isourou-san

• View Profile
Re: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) BETA PATCH IMMINENT
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »
June update added to the original post.

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2017, 02:38:59 am »
We'll probably release a patch in a matter of weeks (ranging from 2 to 100 ;) ). People will be free to relay any errors/suggestions if they like. Hang tight!
Actual retail price: 17 weeks!
Congratulations Isourou-san!
"Fully playable" class patch confirmed. You will be able to play without any sort of guide. The game is super difficult, so you might want to use a guide anyway. I had trouble clearing the first mission. My advice for you is to use the Wave Cannon ability that the fighters have. It's basically unwinnable without it.

Regarding the outlined text, we did the best we could using GIMP and this method: http://www.gimpology.com/submission/view/how_to_outline_text
For image manipulation, we used this package from RHDN for the tools and method used (has graphics convertors): https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1075/

Isourou-san

• View Profile
Re: R-Type Tactics II (PSP) BETA PATCH RELEASED
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:38 pm »
Thanks, flame. I hate to brag, but I think it looks pretty good! It's not just my baby that's been released into this world. It's been a long 1,5 year road and I couldn't have done it without you, or anyone else who has helped out (we're all in the closing credits of that youtube movie I released ;) )

That said, it is a hard game indeed, but challenge is what also makes it so much fun for me, aside from the interesting and somewhat innovative gameplay. I may have said this before in the thread, but playing it on PPSSPP gives you a great edge with savestates. They may not be necessary in the early stages, but the game becomes pretty brutal later on if you don't know what to do. Do mind that gamesaves can be transferred from PSP to PPSSPP, but they don't work from PPSSPP to PSP as far as I know (this is due to the way PPSSPP stores the data differently). Keep that in mind if you'd like to play ad hoc with 2 PSP's.

I might make a gameplay video of the first stage as proof of concept of the patch, also acting as a mini-tutorial.

Niconova

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2017, 06:33:39 am »
After the patch the game does not work on PS Vita 3.60 Adrenaline.
What could be the problem?

Yukari-Sama

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:36 am »
Isourou-san, I am doing an LP of the game on YT with the English patch (thanks to you guys! ;D), for which the first (or 6th in the series haha) video can be found here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usr4rB0sNi8

I will try to finish the game, as well as give feedback here and there on the patch whenever possible. In this way, I can hopefully spread the news about the patch to as many people as possible.

Also, I do recall there being DLC for the game on the Japanese PSN, although it got removed a while back. Is it possible to find that DLC and somehow aggregate that to the main game? Or is it lost forever?

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »
You seem to be having fun, for which I'm glad :)

We've already covered the DLC. It will be added on the final release. I didn't include it in the beta patch because it has no added value for testing. Don't expect too much of it though. It's *spolier*
Spoiler:
merely a bunch of stronger units and free resources.

Regarding "Granzella", I had translated it as "Granzera" since the beginning, but as Tom suggested out earlier in this thread, we changed it because the old irem staff went on to found a company called "Granzella" after leaving irem, referencing R-Type.

After the patch the game does not work on PS Vita 3.60 Adrenaline.
What could be the problem?

I haven't tested the patch on Vita because I don't own one. I'll try it out on regular PSP.

Mugi

• Sony-colored Glasses
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2017, 03:46:27 pm »
to my knowledge vita's psp mode is more or less 100% hardware emulated (vita has old psp HW in it) from all parts except audio/video processing, so if it doesnt run it could be that either the patch has some issue, or you simply "patched it wrong"

did you try to run the same iso that doesnt work on adrenaline on ppsspp or real psp ?
In PSP we trust.

Niconova

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »
I'm checking the original image on PS Vita- working
I'm checking the patch image on PS Vita 3.60 Adrenaline and Ark - error C1-2858-3
I'm checking the patch image on windows emulator working
http://rgho.st/7w8cnhZlB

Isourou-san

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »
The patched ISO runs fine on PSP. Just tested it. I'd do as Mugi suggested. Try on PPSSPP. If it works, it's your Vita. If it doesn't, something's wrong with your patched ISO.