Concerning our beta-version of the English translation of Phantasy Star Generation: 2
, people have reported random crashes (impossible to reproduce).
But they only occur with a burnt CD played on a modded PS2. Up to now, here are the different scenarii :
1) translation played with PCSX2 : no crash
2) translation played with a Playstation 2, on a USB key with software mod : no crash
3) translation played with a hardmodded Playstation 2, on a burnt disc : random crash
4) original game with a hardmodded Playstation 2, burnt disc : no crash
Scenarii 1, 2 and 3 share the same ISO file.
I'm still waiting for more data, but these results shows there's no problem with the game code (scenario 2), but there seems to be a problem with the translated ISO or the mod used.
* are the mods used on Playstation 2 known to have some incompatibilities ?
* or are there particular specifications on how the ISO is generated for the result to be playable ?
* and if you don't know, do you know a board where specialists of the Playstation 2 could have an idea ?