News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Battle Storm now available in English!  (Read 3588 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Battle Storm now available in English!
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:03:02 pm »

Update By: mrrichard999

Here is a news announcement for the translation of the Japanese title Battle Storm into English! In this strategic warfare game, you can take control of Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Eddie Murphy, Bruce Lee, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Fight it out on the battlefield with tanks, helicopters, jets, and missiles in order to destroy the opponents base! Everything has been translated except for the small dialogue when you enter the 2 secret maps in the game where you will face 2 enemies from action movies!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Maeson

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Battle Storm now available in English!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »
THIS.
THIS.
THIS.

This is one of the Ninetiest things i've ever seen.  There are lots of discusions to Bruce Lee VS Chuck Norris...

...But what about Bruce Lee VS Chuck Norris when both have freakin' tanks at their disposal.

The cheese, my god... It only needs Bud Spencer there to be perfection. Or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:46:38 pm »
Im guessing rights to use the names and intellectual property rights were non-existent in the game. Also they rip off the Predator when you go to the secret level :P Doesn't get any more 90's than that! Not sure why they used Eddie Murphy though for a character choice when all the others are action stars :P

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »
Im guessing rights to use the names and intellectual property rights were non-existent in the game. Also they rip off the Predator when you go to the secret level :P Doesn't get any more 90's than that! Not sure why they used Eddie Murphy though for a character choice when all the others are action stars :P

Beverly Hills Cops 1/2/3.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:14:36 pm »
Almost forgot about those  ;D

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »
THIS.
THIS.
THIS.

This is one of the Ninetiest things i've ever seen.  There are lots of discusions to Bruce Lee VS Chuck Norris...

...But what about Bruce Lee VS Chuck Norris when both have freakin' tanks at their disposal.

The cheese, my god... It only needs Bud Spencer there to be perfection. Or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley.

You need to play Broforce.

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 07:23:29 am »
Holy shit! I never knew about this game. Quirky japanese 8-bit RTS with action stars? Sounds awesome!

Not sure why you guys insist on calling it 90s though? Sure the game is evidently made in 91 but to me the 90s were more about being "rad" and "cool" and the 80s were was it was at with the he-mans, heavy metal and that whole Reagan era. All of the movies you mention were made it the 80s.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 10:01:18 am »
Yeah, this is '80s style through and through. Though, BHC3 was a '90s production. '92 or '93.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

GHANMI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 02:00:07 am »
Im guessing rights to use the names and intellectual property rights were non-existent in the game.

You don't say! Just look at the original Japanese version for Metal Gear 2, it's shamelessly using the likeliness of many Hollywood actors (Sean Connery with an eyepatch was just funny), and a real-life athlete is a character in the plot as a spy.
Well, it was so bad Konami actually went through the hassle of reverse-engineering the MSX ROM directly, even in Japanese versions (you can in fact extract the ROM and play it on regular MSX emulators)

Or Nintendo's Time Twist (and to a lesser degree the Startropic games) take wild creative liberties with real-life characters. They don't make stuff like this anymore.