News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snes : Mariokart + street fighter ...  (Read 6627 times)

Jonana

• View Profile
Snes : Mariokart + street fighter ...
« on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:07 am »
New snes rom hack spotted on youtube....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaFktmS8VY

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
Re: Snes : Mariokart + street fighter ...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
This looks like fun!   ;D

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:33:05 am »
Great! I really like the announcing Dhalsim :)

(typo : in the rankings, GUILE, not GUILLE).

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:31:00 am »
The Dhalsim made me lol. Where's the patch?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 02:36:36 pm »
Poor Dhalsim, replaced by a Ryu clone.
No love for the sumo either, I see.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 02:44:51 am »
Yeah,something other than evil ryu would have been nice.

Jonana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 01:48:32 pm »
Poor Dhalsim, replaced by a Ryu clone.
No love for the sumo either, I see.

Honda is in the games, in the winning screen...
but yeah anybody would be better than evil ryu. I wanted cammy...:)

New video 2nd set of tracks...

October 26, 2015, 01:50:03 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ36qMsN40

October 29, 2015, 04:58:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Great! I really like the announcing Dhalsim :)

(typo : in the rankings, GUILE, not GUILLE).

Thank you ...FIXED!

October 29, 2015, 05:05:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Now....

Doing a hack is fun... but burn it on a snes cartridge and play it on the real hardware is even better  :woot!:

I ll try to post a video of the game running on the real hardware later on today...

October 29, 2015, 05:05:14 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Now....

Doing a hack is fun... but burn it on a snes cartridge and play it on the real hardware is even better  :woot!:

I ll try to post a video of the game running on the real hardware later on today...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:05:14 pm by Jonana »

Jonana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 01:24:10 am »
Here you go... 2 videos of the rom running from the emulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaFktmS8VY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ36qMsN40

and this one is the cartridge version running on the supaboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_qxIyVpajs

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 11:15:17 am »
That looks pretty badass as a cart reproduction.  What would you sell one for?  ;)

obscurumlux01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 05:18:26 pm »
I'm unsure if the OP is the creator of this rom hack/homebrew or not.
If you are the creator, feel free to do whatever.

If you are NOT the creator then it would be a shitty thing to 'kart' this by selling repros.
JCE, you should know better :P

EDIT:  OP states they are the hack creator.  Good luck to you then and the hack looks pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:43:04 am by obscurumlux01 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 08:07:24 pm »
This looks very cool. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to redraw all of those driver sprites.

So where's the patch? :D
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Jonana

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 12:26:09 am »
I'm unsure if the OP is the creator of this rom hack/homebrew or not.
If you are the creator, feel free to do whatever.

If you are NOT the creator then it would be a shitty thing to 'kart' this by selling repros.
JCE, you should know better :P

Hey , Hi! Sorry english isnt my 1st language and sometime Its hard to express everything

Yes I did it all. Well I did most of the visual and the track design, And my friend did a LOT other small hack here and there and most importantly the cartridge integration. This is our 1st hack...

We currently working en completing the box package. Most of the copy we ve made are for close friend and relative.
But we may consider selling some later down the line. it s all hand made and take lot of time to do so the goal here is not to make a business out of it...

November 04, 2015, 12:27:32 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This looks very cool. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to redraw all of those driver sprites.

So where's the patch? :D

When are almost done...we will release the rom at some point....please give us more time.

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 09:53:33 am »
Great hack! I'm only a little disappointed in seeing a palette swap (Evil Ryu) taking one of character slots. :P

I think the optimal thing to do would be replacing Evil Ryu with regular Ryu, and regular Ryu with Ken. Then replacing Ken with Cammy. That's because female characters are usually lightweight, so it would make a lot of sense. The other characters are fine the way they are.

So, it'd be:

Mario = Ryu
Luigi = Ken
Koopa = Chun-Li
Toad = Cammy

I do understand that spriting is time consuming, though. But I just wanted to leave my suggestion here so your hack would become even better. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:03:37 am by Synnae »

Jonana

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »
Great hack! I'm only a little disappointed in seeing a palette swap (Evil Ryu) taking one of character slots. :P

I think the optimal thing to do would be replacing Evil Ryu with regular Ryu, and regular Ryu with Ken. Then replacing Ken with Cammy. That's because female characters are usually lightweight, so it would make a lot of sense. The other characters are fine the way they are.

So, it'd be:

Mario = Ryu
Luigi = Ken
Koopa = Chun-Li
Toad = Cammy

I do understand that spriting is time consuming, though. But I just wanted to leave my suggestion here so your hack would become even better. :)

Well yeah this was kind of the original ideas actually. but sadly we changed it for the technical reason.

mario and luigi sprite share the same body, (luigi only have a head that they put on top of mario body)... the issues here is than ken have long hair. so it do not really match with ryu body..

2nd issues we encountered was the palettes. if I recall correctly you have 3, 8 color palette(16color palette actually but half is used for the kart) for all the character.
So when you change the color to match with one character you need to be able to do an other character with the same palette...

But keep in mind this was our first hack ever.
We ve learned a lot... who know maybe one day we will do an Hyper street kart 2 turbo :P with cammy honda and other....:D

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 09:08:34 am »
Y'know there's a Report Item over there. If you be so kind to report that one and other sites that sell pre-patched romhacks  :police:

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
Any chance you'd upload the hack here on the site? I'd love to try it out but I'm not gonna support the sales of repros by any means.

In any case, I'm diggin' the drivers. Are the courses changed up as well?
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

The Real Phoenix

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 09:51:34 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm bumping the thread.

I'm one of the creator of the hack.
I've just submitted here the ips patch, info and all.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3129/

Cheers,
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:52:00 pm by The Real Phoenix »

shulbocka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 08:05:52 pm »
Thanks for IPS man, much appreciated. This is a great hack, and even if it was just a sprite swap (but isn't), would still be a lot of fun just to be able to cruise around as the SF crew. One huge improvement to this hack in my opinion, would be if you guys could add the SF2 soundtrack in place of the original music. That would pretty much top it off all around. Anyway, thanks again for this, it's one of those rare releases that is just frickin awesome, and at least to me, out of nowhere.

The Real Phoenix

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »
Thanks for IPS man, much appreciated. This is a great hack, and even if it was just a sprite swap (but isn't), would still be a lot of fun just to be able to cruise around as the SF crew. One huge improvement to this hack in my opinion, would be if you guys could add the SF2 soundtrack in place of the original music. That would pretty much top it off all around. Anyway, thanks again for this, it's one of those rare releases that is just frickin awesome, and at least to me, out of nowhere.

Thanks, much appreciated too.
Yes this is my biggest failed and frustration in this hack, I couldn't find a way to replace the music and the sounds. Unfortunately I have a very limited knowledge in programming. I found a lot of tutorial for Super Mario World, but nothing equivalent for SMK. At best I found a tracker for Super Mario Kart (and a guy who replaced a music with one from Kirby), and even if I would be able to make it work (which I didn't), redo the musics would have take way to much time. And if I understand how the music works on SNES, I would had to reassign the right instruments of the SPC700 for SF2 musics, which could lead to other effects not working anymore. I'm not even talking about injecting SF2 voices and sound effects.
I even tried to put directly the original SF2 music which I isolated from the Snes ROM, but my best result was weird noises (not pointing to the right instrument banks I suppose).
At some point, I gave up: that was just out of my league.

shulbocka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 06:06:02 am »
Dang man, you just blew my mind with all that info. I don't blame you after hearing all that, cause that sounds insanely complicated, and way too much burden for one person. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Maybe someday someone who knows how to do it easily will take it upon themselves and do it for you, or show you how. Either way, thanks again, cause it really is amazing as is and I'm glad you made it.