News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translating Kid Klown 2  (Read 2302 times)

metalmario99

• View Profile
Translating Kid Klown 2
« on: October 05, 2015, 08:24:38 am »
Working on a Kid Klown related project and I need some help translating Kid Klown in Crazy Chase 2: Love Love Hani Soudatsusen's cutscenes since I do not know Japanese. I came here under recommendation from Clyde Mandelin, so I hope I get the results I am looking for. Here are the following cutscenes I need translated, if you can help:

Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IU-2KbuFB0

Bad Ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZeXK7WyWgY

Good Ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mgMJJ4aNF0

Hopefully, I'm not asking for too much, but I hope you can help if you can.

Seihen

• View Profile
Re: Translating Kid Klown 2
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 08:09:36 pm »
Do you already have a method in place for adding in subtitles? Are you going to use soft subs or redo (and re-compress) the video files with the subtitles hard-encoded?

Since this will be quite a bit of work to listen to each line, transcribe, and then translate into English, it'd be nice to know if you're actually able to use the translation once you have it.

metalmario99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 03:38:27 pm »
My plan, currently, is to edit in the subtitles with the footage of the 3 cutscenes that I recorded. I might change it, but that is how i currently will do it.

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »
Have you been able to successfully replace edited video files in the disk image? Since the file size will be different, it's not a direct swap.

metalmario99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »
No, I have not tried that. To be honest, I'm do not know much about it. I was just planning in editing subtitles during the cutscenes, but it's clear I have a lot more to learn. I wonder if I should hold off on this.

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »
Unfortunately, working with disk images and videos can be a little harder due to size limitations, rebuilding, and batch sizes. Not totally out of the realm of possibility, though, and a few talented people have already done it.

So, not totally out of the realm of possibility! But it may be good to get some of the back-end hacking work done before setting out having the text and audio translated.

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 01:17:34 am »
Just to make sure: metalmario99, are you working on a translation patch or a web site of some sort?

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 01:43:27 am »
Just to make sure: metalmario99, are you working on a translation patch or a web site of some sort?

In some cases in really text-heavy, low-gameplay games, I think it might actually be easier to re-code/redo the game with the resources in HTML5 or something. Serial Experiments Lain on the PSX, for example, would be a great case for something like that.

But that's neither here nor there! If this is a YouTube subtitles project, then that would be an entirely different story and nearly no difficulty at all in the video-formatting process.

metalmario99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:04:08 am »
Yes it is Youtube subtitles project.

October 07, 2015, 09:07:19 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I also will use it for another purpose but that will depend on if I find the free time to work on it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:07:19 pm by metalmario99 »