News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Shadowhawk , unreleased SNES game!  (Read 9160 times)

RomanWarrior

• Pier Solar , Beggar Prince, Wukong ,Star Ody. MINE
    • View Profile
Shadowhawk , unreleased SNES game!
« on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »
Someone has this somewhere if they have digital screenshots

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/14/shadowhawk-snes-unreleased/

A fantastic comic book, I wonder how it plays
Captain Tsubasa 3 , 4th most downloaded Spanish translation.  Possibly the first Jap to Spanish translation instead of English to Spanish. There is no English version yet

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowhawk , unreleased SNES game!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »
Not necessarily.
The V logo on the screenshots is a very old GameSpot watermark (I think it was called videogames.com).

So, possibly the developers sent them digital screenshots from actual hardware. I mean, however else they made professional screenshots back in the day to send to print magazines. Obviously for an online site they could just send them electronically.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

badinsults

• View Profile
    • Snes Central
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:58:09 am »
buyatari had a prototype of the game, but I am pretty sure he sold it. Apparently it was pretty much complete.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?99113-Unreleased-SHADOWHAWK-for-SNES-NOW-WITH-PICS

RomanWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:29:15 pm »
found a pic of the physical ROM and the letter than accompanied it.

Captain Tsubasa 3 , 4th most downloaded Spanish translation.  Possibly the first Jap to Spanish translation instead of English to Spanish. There is no English version yet

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:07:44 am »
I hope someone at least covered those windows before it bitrots.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Shiryu

• No Surrender, No Retreat.
    • View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 10:34:46 am »

RomanWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 09:24:54 pm »
thank heavens :angel: Shadowhawk is by far my favorite comic book 'hero' , the original 19 issues would make an incredible movie with a twist no one would expect midway through the story (never been done or done again).

RomanWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 03:16:46 pm »
NEWS

apparently Jim Valentino is trying to sue a Repro cart company for attempting to release this Rom on cart and sell it.

I LOVE SHADOWHAWK favorite comic character of all time (other than Conan) . The storyline would make a bad ass R rated hero movie (like watchmen) , Jim Valentino attacking his fans !? i've lost respect for him and wont miss losing my 4 autographed comics i had of him

https://www.reddit.com/r/snes/comments/2vjrlk/shadowhawk_previously_unreleased_snes_game_is_out/

WILL WE EVER GET A ROM DUMP!????>!?!?!? THIS IS  A NIGHTMARE IF ITS LOST
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:26:30 pm by RomanWarrior »

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 04:45:28 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:13:28 pm by Chpexo »

RomanWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »
Some one will leak the Rom, look at Pier Solar, Beggar Prince, Wukong, Star Odysseus

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 01:31:31 am »
Those have all been leaked?  I thought they each used some clever copy protection measures.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Sliver X

• der Wille zur Macht
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 07:30:57 pm »
Those have all been leaked?  I thought they each used some clever copy protection measures.

I think "clever copy protection measures" boil down to "detect behavior only less accurate emulators would produce" and then throw a fit about it.

I know in the case of Pier Solar, at least, that it's 100% playable from beginning to end if you use MESS (I went through it about a year ago): The Genesis core MESS uses is the one designed for the arcade Mega-Tech system in MAME, and it's apparently really, really accurate.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:48 pm »
Some one will leak the Rom, look at Pier Solar, Beggar Prince, Wukong, Star Odysseus

I wouldn't call either necessarily legal. But selling copied games for money without permission is considered morally worse than the same thing for free.

RomanWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 12:29:04 am »
yes all games i mentioned have been dumped and all fully playable on your HDMI setup using uSB controller of choice!

MESS and some other emulator that is a multi emu run them all

obscurumlux01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 10:42:53 am »
I get that these people 'RoseColored Gaming' are more in line with releasing the frills and extras rather than just selling the ROM cart.  They also seem to be very selective in what they sell rather than having the entire ROM hacks catalog available.

That said, if they do not receive permission from the original hack creator to redistribute the hack on the cartridge then they are no better than any other repro maker, even with the extra frills.  On top of that, they would likely need to contact the original IP owner (if such person is still around) before doing this kind of thing.

What makes me sad is that Shadowhawk never received a ROM release either.  Or if it did, I sure as hell couldn't find it anywhere O_O

It might've helped if the owner had reached out to them and worked out a licensing agreement instead of just demanding they 'cease and desist' and that's that.  Kinda iffy but w/e.

I feel more hatred for the karters that have no respect for the medium rather than RCG who are trying to provide unreleased games to the public.  Just saying.

That 'Secret of Mana 2 display case' makes me glare at them though.  Glaring REALLY hard at them right now.

badinsults

• View Profile
    • Snes Central
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 06:51:50 am »
Prior to RoseColoredGaming putting out this repro, there was another guy (Piko Interactive) who did try to get the rights. Basically, the companies involved were in no way interested. He then passed it off to RoseColoredGaming, who obviously had no problem releasing this without getting the rights. I mean, on the surface we can say it wasn't exactly nice of the IP owner to send the cease and desist without coming to a deal, but all evidence suggests that there was never going to be a legal way for this to be released.