News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lufia-Patches by Artemis  (Read 84483 times)

Artemis

• View Profile
Re: Lufia-Patches by Artemis
« Reply #460 on: December 21, 2018, 11:34:26 am »
Yes.

December 22, 2018, 02:54:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And one more update to Spekkio:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/72zpw1xn1tpy6bv/Lufia-Patches_v4.zip/file

Now you can still buy the Chaed stuff even after its destruction and some bosses have higher item droprates.
As the Spider Jewel is that ridiculously broken, there's some sort of compensation, though.

December 26, 2018, 08:55:30 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Actually I did overlook the "available on this site" part. So no, they aren't on the site, but they're included in the link right in this post.

Besides, I added a patch for an easy overkill mode in the miscellaneous folder where lizards drop egg rings.

I also added a ready-made hardcore Kureji version with Egg rings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:23:23 pm by Artemis »

yousie642

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2019, 01:41:38 pm »
I can't seem to find the ROM that the OP says is required (everything I come across seems to be missing the [!]). I'm not going to ask where to find it, but I'd like to know if there are any issues with using the ROM I do have. This is the info I got from ROM Hasher:

Code: [Select]
File name          Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals (U).smc
Platform           Super NES
ROM format         Super Magicom
External Header    Yes
File Size          2621952 (280200)
File CRC32         534C9362
File SHA-1         14D0C072679A67C9FDF2AB3F8ADDBB35DA2AA99D
File MD5           0268E8E3B4822ABBB8578823ADD5B8DA
ROM Size           2621440 (280000)
ROM CRC32          20F2AC29
ROM SHA-1          A89931C1F29B161B8BE717DFAB4A4ADB54B42B84
ROM MD5            6EFC477D6203ED2B3B9133C1CD9E9C5D
No-Intro entry     Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals (USA)
Checksum valid     Yes

Thanks.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2019, 09:41:03 pm »
The hashes are the important part, not the filename.
But as to SNES hacks, the header is the issue. Does the patch expect a header or not?
(headers are useless data added by old copiers, but because people often spread the ROMs with them, we are stuck with them and the confusion of whether or not the hack was made with them.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2019, 07:28:08 am »
Yeah, we're stuck with them. My patches require headers. This decision was made over a decade ago - and not even by me as I did continue relnqshd's work who worked with headered ROMs, too.

I wonder, wouldn't it be the easiest way to fix the whole mess by creating a patching tool that actually can deal with the header/no header discrepancies? Does there actually already exist such a tool? I mean a single tool.

yousie642

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2019, 12:08:37 pm »
The hashes are the important part, not the filename.
But as to SNES hacks, the header is the issue. Does the patch expect a header or not?
(headers are useless data added by old copiers, but because people often spread the ROMs with them, we are stuck with them and the confusion of whether or not the hack was made with them.)
So is it a matter of editing the ROM to have the correct header? Is that possible (forgive me if these are silly questions)? The ROM I have is headered, but the hashes don't seem to match the one in the OP.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2019, 05:01:54 pm »
Yes, it is possible to alter the ROM by using programs that add or remove headers. However, if your ROM has a header and it doesn't work, the header isn't the actual problem here.

Do you use the US version (as opposed to the Australian PAL version)?

yousie642

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2019, 08:18:51 pm »
The ROM I have is the US version. It does work in the sense that it runs after I patch it. I'm just concerned that I might run into issues later on while deep into the game.

Edit: oh my god I think I actually found the right file. One of the ROMs I found was in .sfc format rather than .smc, so I had been disregarding it and trying other ROMs I'd found that were in .smc. Then I found a sfc to smc converter, and the converted file matches all of the hashes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:30:03 pm by yousie642 »

einlanzer

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2019, 10:00:37 am »
A long time ago someone was working on a hack that changed the weapon a character was holding based on what weapon they had equipped. I was really looking forward to that - does anyone know if it was ever finished?

One other hack I'd love to see - having the party swap of new game ++ implemented in the regular game. even there weren't any major story updates around it I think it would add a breath of fresh air to playing through the game. You can actually sort of do this by starting new game ++ and then cheating with warp to go to elcid, but you start running into problems with story triggers about midway through the game.

Lastly, I wanted to ask about Tia - did she receive any updates? She had terrible stat growth beyond a certain level which makes her very weak if you "hack" her into a late game party. I'd love to see this be fixed so that you could conceivably use her late game.