News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 4148 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:40:46 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/)

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 02:08:56 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:50:14 am by Chpexo »

Bregalad

• View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:46:59 am »
I though that Chinese wasn't a language, and that Mandarin was the official language of China. Might have been my imagination.

fireball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:22:38 pm »
Well, according to "the Internet" The Legend of Sword and Fairy is the most popular chinese RPG ever made, I'm very interested to check that out.

Bregalad, if you're nitpicking at least do it right  ::) Mandarin (and cantonese etc.) are different SPOKEN languages. What matters here is if they translated into traditional or simplified chinese WRITTEN languages. Today, most spoken languages which we summarize under "chinese" are written in the simplified chinese characters as enforced by the communistic party ruling mainland china. Before that they used what is now called traditional chinese. In Hong Kong, where people speak cantonese, they still write in these traditional characters, not sure about Taiwan and Singapore.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:35:33 pm by fireball »

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 11:35:52 pm »
Well, according to "the Internet" The Legend of Sword and Fairy is the most popular chinese RPG ever made, I'm very interested to check that out.

Bregalad, if you're nitpicking at least do it right  ::) Mandarin (and cantonese etc.) are different SPOKEN languages. What matters here is if they translated into traditional or simplified chinese WRITTEN languages. Today, most spoken languages which we summarize under "chinese" are written in the simplified chinese characters as enforced by the communistic party ruling mainland china. Before that they used what is now called traditional chinese. In Hong Kong, where people speak cantonese, they still write in these traditional characters, not sure about Taiwan and Singapore.
About The Legend of Sword & Fairy, did you know there's a Sega Saturn official release of that game? I'd hope someone does the Saturn version as well too as it'll give many people who are core console gamers a chance to experience an very VERY great RPG! Though it could be possible to use the same script from this release and use it on that i guess.

TheDarkOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »
There is an android port of SDLPAL ;D. Wonder how well it plays on my Xiaomi Mipad.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 07:55:51 pm »
There is an android port of SDLPAL ;D. Wonder how well it plays on my Xiaomi Mipad.
I have that as well! ;) but It's quite buggy when i played with it for hours long and usually the app/emulator kicks me out at times while playing or sometimes i'd couldn't save often (and that happen to me when the serpent looking nude lady breaks through one of the house's wall while on the way to this cavern maze)

So i advise you to save very once in awhile that way the game doesn't crash on you.