News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 16875 times)

shadowmanwkp

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2016, 04:24:04 am »
Okay here's a few that I have no interset in playing but has bothered me for a long time.

PC game
had an intro set in a cgi kitchen?
segued off into a  breakout clone featuring zany cartoon bugs?
most likely was a demo packaged with something else, maybe a sierra game, or was a pack-in with windows 95/98/or ME

Banzai bug perhaps?

enigmaopoeia

• View Profile
    • Memories of Fear
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2016, 09:20:08 pm »
PC game
Played the game as a child sometime between 93 and 2000
thought the game was called Pencilvania
I think the game had a character called Rotten Wrench
it had an overworld view where you could select a place/activity to visit
may or may not have referenced Shel Silversteins Peanut Butter Sandwitch poem.

Looking it up online brought up the game Pantsylvania, could this be it?

Sliver X

• Master of Ceremonies
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2016, 11:22:16 am »
I'm thinking of an arcade game from the mid 90s which featured medieval warriors and dog men (think moblins) who would get progressively more raw the more you slashed them... I remember them still fighting despite having heads that were almost completely covered over in blood, even the eyes. Does anyone remember this game?

Uh, better late than never? I'm pretty sure you're describing Wild Fang / Tecmo Knight for Arcade:

(It is a really fun game)

Isao Kronos

• Kiss From A Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2016, 05:25:29 am »
trying to remember this one pc edutainment title where like there were balls you had to shoot but like it was physicsy and the balls could be made of different materials

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2016, 02:33:08 pm »
Looking it up online brought up the game Pantsylvania, could this be it?
. yep that's definitely the one that made me the special person I am.*hears frogs voice, shivers*
trying to remember this one pc edutainment title where like there were balls you had to shoot but like it was physicsy and the balls could be made of different materials
I think I remember that too but the title escapes me, a t first I thought UZ but I'm sure that's wrong.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 enthusiast!
    • View Profile
    • madsiur's lair
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »
Ok, I remember this PC game, in the same style of the 90's Sierra point/click RPGs or the Quest for Glory series. Definitely a game of the 90's. You start as a man in a psychiatric ward (or maybe an hospital) and you have to get out.

I remember you could use the fork used for your dinners to either untie yourself or open the window. You escape by the window and then make to a wine cave (or just a cave with barrels). Sound a bit wack like this but it's all I remember as I've seen 10 min of the game at a far away house where family relative were staying. I always wanted to play the game but never remembered the name or seen clips of it on Youtube.

USC

• Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »
Madsiur: Maybe Sanitarium?

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2017, 08:04:56 pm »
I remember a pc game I played that was a side scroller, maybe taking place in medieval times.  You walked through villages and other areas as, a knight I think, smashing stuff (pots, etc.) but also enemies to slowly get stronger.  God it was in the early 2000s I want to say.  wish I could remember what it was.

I know, vague, ughh!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2017, 10:35:00 pm »
Recent game, may or may not even be released yet, all I've got to go on is that the main character might be wearing a white glove with a kind of portal/rift in the back of their hand that you can look through to solve puzzles?
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

finalnuts

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:30 pm »
Is it not eye of the beholder?  7th Saga?

Her-Saki

• View Profile
Lost NES - Genesis games
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2017, 12:01:08 am »
I have recently seen that someone posted about lost games so I felt kind of encouraged for seek help for this.
There are 3 games that I played about 10 years ago that I can't remember well - they were 4 but fortunately I found one in an Action 52 Genesis cart, "Go Bonkers" (big deal for a puzzle).
Let's start:
The first was a NES game (for the graphics I'm almost -not entirely- sure that wasn't Genesis) that started with a white ninja in a snow field, just about to jump almost fullscreen, just after a black screen that said "AREA/STAGE 01", in classic white NES font. It was a side scroll game.
In gameplay ninja moved around between ice platforms and there was one that had a gray rack for climb. All of that was just at the beggining, which is the only stage I remember.

The second was a Genesis kind of RPG that featured an Cool Spot-like (but game is not Cool Spot!) character (I remember him being red) that moved in a old pirate ship (palette for one of the ship's floor was violet) in aerial view/top down view. Later in the game character could go at the top of the ship, that had a yellow palette. This is really the game I searched for long but that didn't found anywhere. Next is also for Genesis, but fortunately more identifiable

And the last was a medieval-greek hero killing dragons, riding dragons with an extremely large HUD and it was really, really hard to beat. Graphics where pretty detailed and I remember it as a Castlevania with dragons, but a lot less colorful (general palette for the first stage was similar to Golden Axe's).

Aaaand there's a fourth one but not as important as the listed above. It was a puzzle EA game (IIRC blue EA logo belongs to old EA) in which you had to set green pieces in a [Longcat.jpg], very long blue board, with others dark blue blocks interfering. The final level was absolutely crazy to beat (blocks were reduced to the minimum size possible and filled all the board!) and it definitively belongs to Genesis.

... and that's all, maybe some old geezer may recognize one of this games (just one would be okay, really...)
"Ask me about ROMs and your suffering will be legendary"

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost NES - Genesis games
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2017, 12:39:15 am »
Are you sure the Cool Spot-like game was an RPG? I think the sequel (Spot Goes to Hollywood?) was an isometric game with a pirate ship. Or at least the screenshots I remember of it were, I never actually played the game myself.

Killing dragons, huh?
It's been awhile since I played it but maybe Dahna: Megami Tanjou?

The puzzle game... is it Blockout? EA didn't originally make the game but I think they made or at least published the Genesis port.

But this post sounds more like it should be in the "forgotten games thread".
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Her-Saki

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:54 am »
..... so it WAS Cool Spot after all... shocked. I didn't thought it had sequels.

About killing dragons' game, nop, not so similar to Golden Axe. The main character was a strong dude with a sword, and the graphics weren't so simple. I could add that the first stage is in a open space made of stone, as a valley.

The puzzle game was 2D and graphics were quite simple. Just the blue board, blue and green blocks, maybe some counter for the level.

Anyways many, many thanks for hit with Cool Spof; if that was found anything can be found, I hope.
"Ask me about ROMs and your suffering will be legendary"

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Lost NES - Genesis games
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2017, 04:54:41 am »
The first was a NES game (for the graphics I'm almost -not entirely- sure that wasn't Genesis) that started with a white ninja in a snow field, just about to jump almost fullscreen, just after a black screen that said "AREA/STAGE 01", in classic white NES font. It was a side scroll game.
In gameplay ninja moved around between ice platforms and there was one that had a gray rack for climb. All of that was just at the beggining, which is the only stage I remember.

The grey rack part makes me think of a Ninja Gaiden game, but the white ninja part doesn't... Shadow Dancer on Genesis has a white ninja. I can't think of any other NES games that fit that profile.

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2017, 05:02:47 am »
..... so it WAS Cool Spot after all... shocked. I didn't thought it had sequels.

About killing dragons' game, nop, not so similar to Golden Axe. The main character was a strong dude with a sword, and the graphics weren't so simple. I could add that the first stage is in a open space made of stone, as a valley.

The puzzle game was 2D and graphics were quite simple. Just the blue board, blue and green blocks, maybe some counter for the level.

Anyways many, many thanks for hit with Cool Spof; if that was found anything can be found, I hope.

You sure it's a ninja game? It could by Dragon Fighter by Natsume (starts in a snowy valley, and you are a dude with a sword there). I can't recall any other game like that at the moment, apart from Ninja Crusaders (though that one starts in a ruined city instead). If it's a Genesis game, it could be one of the Shinobi games.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:13:44 am by cccmar »