News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 16976 times)

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
Someone know the name of this hack?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 11:54:05 am »
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmh4zLPeDKU

Sorry for the spam,but I truly want to know the which one is

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2015, 11:16:22 am »
Ive had a look at his upload history, Its might be one of these four, hope that helps.

Super Demo World The Legend Continues

Drama Mistery

Super Mario Bros 5 Reborn

The Secret of The Seven Golden Statues
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:27:43 am by SleepyFist »
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2015, 08:58:52 am »
Can't recall the name of a game:

Indie title in development for PC at least a couple of years back.

Adhered to NES restrictions (at least in palette)

Is an original action platformer, graphically and gameplay-wise, very similar to Strider.

I seem to recall, in the demo stage or first stage, hanging from platforms while the floor burned beneath me.

Title may have started with O.

nesrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2015, 09:21:53 am »
Oniken? They have released a new game, Odallus.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2015, 09:57:50 am »
Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Odallus looks sweet, too.

Reiska

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2015, 04:17:20 am »
Just to add a few data points to the SNES dungeon crawler discussion:

As far as I can find with a bit of research, there are only a few unlicensed games that were released publicly for the SNES; a couple hentai games, some Chinese pirates, and Super 3D Noah's Ark.  All but the last one are extremely obscure, at that (I didn't know there were any others at all until I looked on TCRF).  So it's probably not a bootleg of some sort.

If it's not Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master and you aren't remembering wrong, then odds are high it'd be a prototype of some sort for a game that was never released.  The character selection sounds a lot like Dungeon Master, which had 24 characters of which you got to choose 4.

Re: swapped labels: I had that happen once with a rental game, but it was a much weirder swap - someone had swapped Lufia 1 into a Breath of Fire 2 cart.  I didn't actually get to play Lufia 1 either, because it would freeze after the intro.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2015, 07:49:15 am »
Re: swapped labels: I had that happen once with a rental game, but it was a much weirder swap - someone had swapped Lufia 1 into a Breath of Fire 2 cart.  I didn't actually get to play Lufia 1 either, because it would freeze after the intro.

Actually had the same thing happen to me, except it was War Gods swapped into the Banjo Kazooie Gamepak, needless to say, I was very dissapointed.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

Tharthan

• Groovemaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »
If it's not Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master and you aren't remembering wrong, then odds are high it'd be a prototype of some sort for a game that was never released.  The character selection sounds a lot like Dungeon Master, which had 24 characters of which you got to choose 4.

That's quite possible.

Whatever the case may be, bootleg or prototype, I wish I had never sold it. It was a rockin' game (pretty hard, though, but hey! That's part of the fun).

yugisokubodai

• View Profile
    • Assembly
Ask for an old fairy game
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2016, 12:03:15 pm »
Hello

I'd like to ask for the name of an old PC game, which I played many years ago. Strangle, its name disappear from my memory. It's a click game with fairy theme. The main character (a young girl) get lost to the fairy world. There, she meets many fairies, Gnomes and other creatures. She (the player) must help them to work, collect foods, etc by clicking where they work.
I remember the first stage has some ghosts make your characters sleepy and distract them from work. There're harp playing characters can repel the ghosts, too.

Anyone has any idea about this game?

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2016, 07:35:31 pm »
Hello

I'd like to ask for the name of an old PC game, which I played many years ago. Strangle, its name disappear from my memory. It's a click game with fairy theme. The main character (a young girl) get lost to the fairy world. There, she meets many fairies, Gnomes and other creatures. She (the player) must help them to work, collect foods, etc by clicking where they work.
I remember the first stage has some ghosts make your characters sleepy and distract them from work. There're harp playing characters can repel the ghosts, too.

Anyone has any idea about this game?

Im probably wrong,  but maybe Creatures?  My own memories of the game are pretty vague.

yugisokubodai

• View Profile
    • Assembly
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2016, 04:23:44 am »
Sorry for the late reply. This game has the word "fairy" in its name.

AigarEnotov

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:53 am »
Maybe it's a late post...
However, while I was reading this thread, it gave me some creeps. The game who nobody knows... Those types of things are quite creepy for me.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2016, 12:14:42 am »
This one is so vague im not sure it actually exists :P, Ive been told that when I was younger I was obsessed with some kind of fighting game or beat em up with a Morality/Karma gimmick? Probably was for NES or Sega Genesis but N64 isn't out of the question either, I don't remember it myself and the person that informed me of this is quite unreliable so I dunno whether this was a thing or not.

zonk47

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 01:37:12 pm »
I'm thinking of an arcade game from the mid 90s which featured medieval warriors and dog men (think moblins) who would get progressively more raw the more you slashed them... I remember them still fighting despite having heads that were almost completely covered over in blood, even the eyes. Does anyone remember this game?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:21:30 pm by zonk47 »
A good slave does not realize he is one; the best slave will not accept that he has become one.

jink640

• From nuggets to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2016, 02:35:00 pm »
I'm thinking of an arcade game from the mid 90s which featured medieval warriors and dog men (think moblins) who would get progressively more raw the more you slashed them... I remember them still fighting despite having heads that were almost completely covered in blood, even over the eyes. Does anyone remember this game?
Maybe Bloodstorm, but that was a fighting game. Was this one a Beat em up?

zonk47

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »
Maybe Bloodstorm, but that was a fighting game. Was this one a Beat em up?

Yep. I seem to remember there was a lot of slashing and throwing, and the monsters were -really- hard to kill. It may be difficult to remember because I don't think it's been emulated yet.
A good slave does not realize he is one; the best slave will not accept that he has become one.

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2016, 05:28:26 pm »
My guess is Wild Fang/Tecmo Knight.

Oh, and Night Slashers might have it beat in the gore department.

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2016, 03:50:46 pm »
My guess is Wild Fang/Tecmo Knight.

This is what the description made me think of, as well.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:09 pm »
Here's another one ;)

Text game
Title: Unknown
You play as an AI that can jump between cameras in the facility you're stored in.
Possibly highly acclaimed / very popular at some point.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:50:54 pm by SleepyFist »

thr

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:46 am »
You play as an AI that can jump between cameras in the facility you're stored in.
Possibly highly acclaimed / very popular at some point.

A Mind Forever Voyaging, perhaps?
or maybe Hacker? no AI in this one, though.