News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 62105 times)

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2019, 10:20:04 am »
A dungeon-themed platformer on the original PlayStation. I think you could choose between first person and third person view. In the final confrontation, the boss runs at you, but attacking him directly causes no damage. You have to throw stars (or some projectile spell) at a few towers to kill him. Anti-climactic. Control was clunky, graphics were not great, and the game was a piece of crap. But I played it with a dear departed family member and want to play it again for sentimental reasons. I have scoured image search and someone's list of 240 dungeon-y games on the PS1, to no avail. It is obscure for good reason, but I would love to find it.

EDIT: Found it, thanks to this video compiling all PS1 games released in USA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69v7vV2m74 Good ol' double speed and fast forward keys to the rescue for such a long video.

Crusaders of Might and Magic! A piece of junk which should be played by no one, which I am now happy to play.  :P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:28:51 pm by PolishedTurd »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »
I'm looking for an old Flash game.  It sort of worked like pipeworks except it had fireworks.  It also had a "Chinese New Year" theme, kinda like the Fireworks Factory of Spyro: Year of the Dragon but in 2D and with a completely different art style.

Oh, another thing.  It was one of those flash games that also advertised a paid version.  Wonder if the devs are even still around?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:33:45 pm by Chronosplit »

#

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2019, 06:50:31 pm »
I'm looking for an old Flash game.  It sort of worked like pipeworks except it had fireworks.  It also had a "Dhinese New Year" ttheme, kinda like the Fireworks Factory of Spyro: Year of the Dragon but in 2D and with a completely different art style.

Oh, another thing.  It was one of those flash games that also advertised a paid version.  Wonder if the devs are even still around?
This should be it:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3440/Rocket_Mania_Deluxe/

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2019, 11:39:15 pm »
This should be it:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3440/Rocket_Mania_Deluxe/
I think that's it!  And I had forgotten that it's an older PopCap game.

Sam Atoms

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2019, 12:03:16 am »
so there's this game that I saw on a console that I don't remember, on display in something like a Circuit City back in the mid-1990's.  It was a first-person dungeon crawler of some kind, you had to go around a labyrinth where the walls were made of some sort of blue crystal that looked something like this:

In an early level -- maybe the first one -- you had to collect 6 crystals that were scattered around the maze, then an exit would open up.  After you found and went through the exit you would go to the next level, where you had to collect 7 crystals......

This is all the information about this game that I've got, and it's been on my mind for a pretty long time.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:33:00 am by Sam Atoms »