News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)  (Read 72064 times)

ryogo666

• View Profile
Re: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2019, 08:05:52 pm »
 :woot!: I'm so glad for the update, I've been checking this site every single day in hope that the patch would have been released. Keep up the good work!

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:02 pm »
Thanks for your dedication in sticking with this project :thumbsup:

It's awesome to hear that things are shaping up! You've clearly had a lot on your plate, so I appreciate you taking the time to update us at all. Really looking forward to seeing this gem playable in English after all these years.

G061

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2019, 03:33:07 am »
I just couldn't be happier the game is getting such dedication from talented folks, it's one of my favorites ever without understanding a lick of it so I'm plenty fine with waiting till you're ready.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2019, 10:16:35 am »
Sweet! Nice to know this isn't abandoned.

Totally understand the slow progress. That "work in progress" linked in my signature down there? Been "working" on it since 2012. Not even close to done.

Anyway, I tried playing Goemon 2 in Japanese over the summer and struggled mightily without being able to understand the text. Legend of the Mystical Ninja has always been one of my favorite SNES titles, so whenever this is finished, I will be playing the hell out of it!
 :beer:
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

sub_atomic

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2019, 10:11:53 pm »
So glad to see this update pop up in my email! All of yoru hard work at the end of long days, long weeks - it's all so appreciated by those of us waiting patiently to play the final product! Thank you for sticking with it.  :thumbsup:

Valkyrie

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2019, 11:44:46 pm »
So damn happy to see ya'll still kicking on with this project!!

As a long-time fan, it's nothing short of amazing to witness the love for the series still kicking this alive, after Konami pretty much buried the franchise completely more than a decade back. I'll be here cheering you on along with others: please keep working just a little more and bringing on the cathartic joy!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:05:40 am by Valkyrie »

LargoLaGrande

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2019, 07:30:15 am »

Welcome back!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for still working on this project from time to time. Don't worry, your situation totally understandable. This is how life goes.

Could this be potentially the first translated 16 bit Goemon game?
No pressure!  :laugh:

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2019, 08:50:31 am »
Now that the NES games are all translated, perhaps we're gonna see more Goemon games for other consoles. Thanks for your work and dedication, it's looking stellar so far! 

Zanemato

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2019, 03:17:11 pm »
Thanks for those updates, I wish I could play every Ganbare Goemon games in English.

My big respect for the translation of the game !!!

AlbertX

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:40 am »
Since the Author has revived this, I just want him to know that I check this forum every week, I still dream with the day I can play this game and I can't wait my last comment was more than a year ago I have never lost hope.

Thank you :)

DemoniusX

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »
My 12 year old inner child still wants to play this...I'm 36 now,but still look forward to enjoying this when it finally releases.

crimental

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2019, 02:08:47 am »
My 12 year old inner child still wants to play this...I'm 36 now,but still look forward to enjoying this when it finally releases.

Idem.
Goemon It's one of my favorite sagas.
what a bad name that of mystical ninja ajajaja, it's goemon! A Japanese boy!

Redget

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2019, 05:11:46 am »
I can't wait for this.
I completed all 4 ganbare goemon games on snes (except that puzzle game with ebisumaru).
i hope you release it soon.
i have pretty good memories with this game.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ddstranslation

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2019, 02:48:33 am »
It's been a long time since I posted an update here. I just finished playing through the game and did all the work that I could on it. The game should be playable in English from start to finish. Though there is still a bit of missing text, plus the post-game content, as well as fixing a couple of bugs.

Here's some pictures to show how things look now:

Freestate

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2019, 07:28:18 am »
Uoh!!!! it's coming!!!! I can't believe it man! How many people have cried all this years cursing konami for only tried with the first one. Do you have any plans on release some 0.95 beta patch with the actual state?

AlbertX

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2019, 10:09:05 am »
I have been waiting 25 years for this moment and is so close, I keep checking this site everyday I have no words to express my gratitude to you, I dreamed to play this game when I was 13 and I played the first one, now I am 39 expecting a Child and you have no idea how much this means to me.

THANK YOU!!!

jordevi

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2019, 12:00:07 pm »
It's been a long time since I posted an update here. I just finished playing through the game and did all the work that I could on it. The game should be playable in English from start to finish. Though there is still a bit of missing text, plus the post-game content, as well as fixing a couple of bugs.

Wow, great news! Would it be possible to pass the untranslated text to someone else who might help translating it to English?

Redget

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2019, 07:36:06 pm »
now you are almost finishing it!!!!!

really i can't wait for this
i already completed this game a year ago but I'm going to complete it again this time with your patch :)

Avicalendriya

• View Profile
    • Avi Morgan dot com
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2019, 09:23:46 pm »
What, you think that after all these years I've suddenly abandoned ship? And right at the end, with but a few lines of text remaining?

I may be slower than a sloth, but hey, I'm steady too.

SteevL

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2019, 09:12:23 am »
I'm really happy that this is almost done. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of my favorite SNES games, and I didn't realize how many games in the series didn't come out here until last year. I played through the first two NES games last year and they were kinda fun, albeit  a bit rough by today's standards. Trying to get through the two Ganbare Goemon Gaiden games in the meantime.