News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)  (Read 96024 times)

FlashPV

• View Profile
    • Terminus Traductions
Re: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2017, 01:56:32 pm »
It's GREAT! Since I'm a fan of Goemon I hope I'll get a chance to make a french version.  :beer:

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »
I can't wait to play this when it's done. :D

thainferno305

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2017, 05:36:57 pm »
Can't wait for it's release

MitsukuHackbot

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2017, 11:53:07 pm »
Wow. Looks better than professional localizations for the SNES. Killer.

Avicalendriya

• View Profile
    • Avi Morgan dot com
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2017, 01:08:03 pm »
Thanks everyone! It's been a very long journey and your support sure means a lot. I can't tell you how hard I tried to make the graphics and translation worthy, but in terms of numbers, hundreds of hours went into it over the years. This game is one of the most awesome SNES titles around in my opinion, and it deserves nothing less than the best. I'm still very critical of my work and feel that it could be better in some places, so I'll be pushing myself to make improvements.

DDS really stepped up to the plate and knocked the hacking out in an extremely short period of time, while accommodating every line of text and localized graphic that I wanted to implement. He made it work, and I feel the end result is a very accurate English rendition of the original, retaining not only the feel of the dialogue but also the style of the many visuals that needed to be localized, such as banners, signs, labels, decorations, many different fonts and various HUD elements.

DDS is waiting on me at the moment, since there's a small handful of graphics and dialogue that still needs to be finished. Shouldn't be too long before we're all done.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2017, 05:48:14 pm »
I've been following this project ever since it was first shown here and I'm very happy to see things worked out at the end!  Thank you so much Avicalendriya and ddstranslation, you guys made something that lots of people wanted but probably wouldn't get done if it wasn't for you!

I'm very excited to try it, even more so knowing how close it was to being dropped and how hard it was for Avicalendriya at some points. You should be very proud for finally working together and seeing the project to the end.

yoyotheyoshi

• High-tech low-life
    • View Profile
    • Smashcast
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:24 am »
This is one of my favorite titles, I wound up importing it some time ago. I know it like the back of my hand so, when it's finished, if you're looking for somebody to run through and test the translation out, I'd be happy to volunteer. Please shoot me a PM if you'd like me to do that when you're done! Thanks for doing this, this'll surely bring more folks to play what is, in my opinion, one of the best SFC games to grace the console.
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Backloggery | Smashcast

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2017, 09:31:56 am »
This is my personal favorite of all Geomon games ever. I look forward to the completion of this project moreso than any modern, triple-A game.

Rai

• View Profile
    • The official webpage for my Super Robot Taisen Alpha translation project.
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2017, 10:41:09 am »
I'm really happy that 2 is so close to completion, it's a really neat game. :) I believe Rai is working on GG3, not sure how far along he is. GG4 is probably up for grabs. Either way, that's some substantial progress.
The biggest problem with GG3 unfortunately is the pointers.  Without manually finding the location of every pointer; a script dump is impossible.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2017, 02:57:06 pm »
This is my personal favorite of all Geomon games ever. I look forward to the completion of this project moreso than any modern, triple-A game.

Me too! Right now, the games I'm looking forward the most to be translated are this one, the nes GG gaiden, Tengai Makyou Zero and Shell Monsters Story II (so long as these last two are finished someday, I can die in peace after playing them, lol).

w1ck3d

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2017, 04:33:54 pm »
The biggest problem with GG3 unfortunately is the pointers.  Without manually finding the location of every pointer; a script dump is impossible.

Would it not be possible to add a four digit code to the end of each line, so you could later sort out where each line fits?

Rai

• View Profile
    • The official webpage for my Super Robot Taisen Alpha translation project.
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2017, 10:38:08 pm »
Would it not be possible to add a four digit code to the end of each line, so you could later sort out where each line fits?
Unfortunately, I don't believe that will work. Since the pointers are scattered; it's unlikely GG3 will be translated anytime soon.

However, I do have some good news. I took another look at GG4 and it does use an organized pointer table. Since GG4 uses a pointer table; it will be a lot easier to write a script dumper and a script inserter for the text.

sub_atomic

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2017, 09:58:58 am »
Just adding my voice of support and excitement to the thread. I'm very happy to see how close we're getting to a GG2 translation! Thanks for all the hard work being done so thousands of people like me can enjoy this game in English.

AlbertX

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2017, 04:52:25 am »
I have been following this closely for a long time, I just register to give you my most sincere thanks for this, it's been a long journey and the Goemon games have a special place in my heart, unfortunately 2,3 and 4 were never translated and playing them has been a dream of mine for years, even thou this is only the second game I can't thank you enough.

I don't want to seem pushy or anything but is there any idea when this will come out? I am dying to play this game hehehe

Once again THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!:

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2017, 01:41:51 am »
Joining in for the chorus of 'I'm super excited for this!'

Seriously this is gonna be great when it comes out. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. :D

ddstranslation

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2017, 04:37:57 am »
Thanks for the show of support, everyone. :)

Though the project is still in the same place it was from my last post here, it shouldn't take too long to wrap things up once I get the last pending graphics and completed script.

Shiryu

• No Surrender, No Retreat.
    • View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2017, 10:58:39 am »
And when that happens I will personally make sure you and everyone who worked on this will get the deserved credit and recognition for this stunning effort. :thumbsup:

SpRoUt

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2017, 08:52:58 am »
Can't wait to read all these Goemon jokes inside the towns. Thanks again ive been waiting since you're first post I'm so pumped!! Great job by the way you are making rom hacking history.  :thumbsup: :beer:

Moderator Note:
Due to excessive attempts to necrobump this thread, the OP should PM a moderator if and when they would like it reopened.
Thanks,
~MathOnNapkins
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:51:27 pm by MathOnNapkins »

Avicalendriya

• View Profile
    • Avi Morgan dot com
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2019, 06:08:44 pm »

Just dropping by to thank everyone for being so patient. Also the messages I've received in support of the project are very kind and much appreciated. The last update was eons ago but fear not, I've still got my eye on this.

So here's where we are at the moment:

All of the graphics and fonts are complete and inserted into the game. I'm going to rework some of them, but it's a relief to at least have the "first draft" done. As far as the text, it's pretty much there as well, but more importantly I recently overhauled the entire script and am much happier with it now. It will receive another round of polish soon enough, but it's in pretty good shape, and DDS is currently putting it into the game to see how it feels. I believe that he's very close to done with the heavy lifting on this project, and is basically just waiting on my slow ass.

Speaking of which, apologies for the mudlike progress on this game. What can I say? As a dad who toils endlessly at work and at home, gets up at 5:00 in the morning every day, plus with my other interests and demands in the mix, I'm so worn out and inundated that it's all one big overwhelming struggle. No time, no energy, you know the routine. Surprised that I get anything done at all. Anyway, thanks again for holding out and I hope to have another update soon.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2019, 07:06:43 pm »
I hoped this thread would be back on the first page eventually  :woot!:
Thanks again for the huge efforts you and DDS have put into this