News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)  (Read 37054 times)

Proton

• View Profile
Re: Ganbare Goemon 2 (SNES)
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »
I decompressed the title screen of Ganbare 2 using my utility. For title screen this game has optimization: you need reorder every 0x10 bytes (you have 00 02 04 06 08 0a 0c 0e 01 03 05 07 09 0b 0d 0f, it must be 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c 0d 0e 0f).

thainferno305

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »
nice keep up the good work im looking foward to this game

PunkFrog

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2017, 05:55:21 am »
So I'm guessing the project is still alive? I pray it is so, because playing it on an emulator is a bitch. I want to put this baby on a reproduction cart.

Also, what of 3 and 4?

Avicalendriya

• View Profile
    • Avi Morgan dot com
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2017, 11:02:59 am »
Yes the project is still alive and most everything is done on my side of things. That would be: Translation, localized graphics for the many in-game signs and the HUD, Title Screen and Game Over screen, the creation of multiple Latin fonts, and all that kind of stuff. I've sent everything over to DDS Translation. At the moment he is wisely focusing his energy exclusively on Tengai Makyou so as not to get bogged down working simultaneously on multiple projects.

PunkFrog

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2017, 12:47:06 am »
Ah, I see. Who is doing 3 and 4, if anybody?

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2017, 02:17:32 am »
Ah, I see. Who is doing 3 and 4, if anybody?

Rai was doing 3 I think, he got pretty far with the hacking already. I'm not sure if anyone's working on 4 atm. Either way, that's some pretty amazing progress! All I could help with is the translation side of things if need be, but I'm sure these games are already in much more capable hands. :)  :thumbsup:

PunkFrog

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2017, 03:14:19 am »
I think he said he was doing 4 too, but we haven't heard from him in a long time, so who knows?

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:51 pm »
After 2 is released in a year or so, we'll know something about 4.

Drag0nscythe

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2017, 05:35:26 am »
Glad to see things are progressing well the translations. Any prospects of when thismmight be released?

Also any way we can help with the process?

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2017, 08:13:16 am »
Glad to see things are progressing well the translations. Any prospects of when thismmight be released?

Also any way we can help with the process?

You only had to read the post above yours, lol (in a year or so, it says).

Avicalendriya

• View Profile
    • Avi Morgan dot com
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »
The translation, font creation and graphics localization are complete, and DDS has already made good progress hacking the game. It should not take as long as what is being estimated here, but the tendency that real life has to blockade or stall hobbies would make a good case against this claim.

ddstranslation

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »
Sorry for the delay. I'm almost done with my tasks for the Tengai Makyou Zero project. And then I'll immediately jump back to this project once I'm no longer needed there.

varikares

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 06:48:56 am »
Don't be sorry. I'm looking forward to both goemon and tengai makyou zero, they both deserve to be translated and I'm grateful you're taking the time to work on them :)

klu69

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2017, 10:19:13 am »
Should I wait for the translation release in the near future? I really want to play this game, but I hesitate between using the guide and waiting for the patch.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2017, 11:17:30 am »
Best to wait for the translation unless you can understand Japanese very well. Trying to play through a untranslated game using a guide is a bit of a chore, I would only use a guide if the Japanese game was very simplistic, and light on Japanese text.

GHANMI

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2017, 06:40:04 pm »
Should I wait for the translation release in the near future? I really want to play this game, but I hesitate between using the guide and waiting for the patch.

Ganbare Goemon 2 is very linear and doesn't have much of a language barrier if you just want to finish the game, besides buying a pass for a guarded gate (which you'll probably figure out on your own by accident just shopping for items). But if you want to enjoy the crazy story, cameos, and hidden levels, you'll need a guide or a translation. If you're that impatient go for it.

On the other hand, the language barrier for Ganbare Goemon 3, Ganbare Goemon 4 and Uchu Kaizoku Akokingu is much more steep and hampering enjoyment of the game as you'd probably keep running in circles not too far into each of these games.

ddstranslation

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:57 am »
It's probably time for an update, so here goes.

I've pretty much managed to convert every graphic texture that Avicalendriya had supplied a substitute for, and have laid out systems for altering the cutscene and dialogue text. Though I do need an updated script and a few more graphics to finish everything up. But all in all, everything is basically done.

Here are some new pictures to show how everything looks so far.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2017, 10:37:22 am »
That's really good to hear! Can't wait to play the second installment of Goemon after having played the first one back on the original snes and many more times on emulator.

I really don't know how to say thanks to every one involved in this translation  :thumbsup: :beer:

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2017, 07:06:58 pm »
I died and i'm in heaven? i'm seeing all those amazing GG2 screens in ENGLISH!!!! you sirs, are awesome!! Been like eons waiting for GG2 3 and 4 translated!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2017, 01:53:47 am »
I died and i'm in heaven? i'm seeing all those amazing GG2 screens in ENGLISH!!!! you sirs, are awesome!! Been like eons waiting for GG2 3 and 4 translated!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm really happy that 2 is so close to completion, it's a really neat game. :) I believe Rai is working on GG3, not sure how far along he is. GG4 is probably up for grabs. Either way, that's some substantial progress.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:16:48 pm by cccmar »