News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack)  (Read 17652 times)

Arnachy69

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack)
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »
Can you learn me how it works add byte to the rom
you should that do what an hex editor right ?
but i'm not knowlegde of hex editors :(
and for making good roms is very important that you know how hex editing works

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2016, 05:34:18 pm »
Can you learn me how it works add byte to the rom
you should that do what an hex editor right ?
but i'm not knowlegde of hex editors
and for making good roms is very important that you know how hex editing works
I use HxD hexeditor, since it seems user friendly. Go to the end of the rom in hex. Choose Edit/insert bytes. Bytecount should be 100000, while hex is checked (and not dec or oct). Hex values are 00 by default. This will add 1MB to the rom with empty bytes 00.

Now choose Search/go to, type 200000. Now select the next row, go to the end of rom, hold shift and select the last row (to select all space beyond 200000). Now press del to delete these bytes.

Your rom is now exactly 2MB (expanded from the orthodox 1.027).

Someone should teach you english too.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 07:52:59 pm »
Someone should teach you english too.

I've heard worse. LOL

I think most of the non-English speakers I've heard would benefit most from learning the rules of English grammar. They usually have a decent vocabulary foundation to work with but their grammar and punctuation is ALWAYS shit. They tend to produce a bunch of paragraph-length sentences with next to no punctuation or capitalization. I guess that's understandable though. Some languages have very different rules/customs regarding these things.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2016, 09:52:36 am »
I've heard worse. LOL

I think most of the non-English speakers I've heard would benefit most from learning the rules of English grammar. They usually have a decent vocabulary foundation to work with but their grammar and punctuation is ALWAYS shit. They tend to produce a bunch of paragraph-length sentences with next to no punctuation or capitalization. I guess that's understandable though. Some languages have very different rules/customs regarding these things.

bLA BLA BLA :(

Darklink7884

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack)
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2021, 10:04:32 pm »
My sincerest apologies for not keeping you guys updated. After many missteps, endless worlds of file corruptions, and false starts, this project was finally completed under the name A Link to the Islands.

Download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRkFnWX8NXoEnZG?e=KjQ8bp
NOTE: You must patch to a US rom with no header. You need a UPS patcher.

ROM Information:
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!]
Size: 1,048,576 bytes
Checksum: CRC32 777AAC2F

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands is a Wind Waker-inspired hack of A Link to the Past. It was originally called Lyra Islands and developed by SePH in 2004-2005 and was also supposed to include new dungeons, but it wasn't finished. In 2015, I re-started the Lyra Islands project with the goal of finishing the game one day; that day has finally come. I ended up making new overworlds and dungeons in addition to restoring the original LTTP graphics and renaming the project A Link to the Islands.

Here's what to expect:
-New Dark World design (Areas 43, 45, & 47 ONLY!).
-Hyrule Castle re-located.
-Kakariko Town re-located.
-New Lost Woods-style puzzle.
-Eight new dungeons and one mini-dungeon.
-Ganon gets his own tower in the Dark World.
-New monologue and in-game clues.
-New sprites.
-MSU-1 support.
-ASM hacks added.
-New ending cutscenes.
-Customized ending credits.

A few irreparable problems that popped up during development are documented in the readme.

Unlike Parallel Worlds and Goddess of Wisdom, both of which are notorious for their unforgiving difficulty levels, A Link to the Islands is a game that's fair to everyone. There are no super tricks, stunts, or logic (i.e. masked objects, bomb jumping), while still having a decent level of difficulty. Though, some backtracking may be required at times. Still, you won't ever have to use save states. You will not be frustrated while playing.

Serbagz

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2021, 08:25:35 am »
Link is dead both here and on the project page?

Edit: It's up! :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:34:39 am by Serbagz »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:26 pm »
I don't see any UPS patch.  Only I see is bunch of PCM stuff.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2021, 11:06:08 pm »
I just like to mention some stuff.
If you would go for a other project there is a beta editor in the work. I am sure zarby89 would be happy when someone would do a project and report bugs or make suggestions. https://zarby89.github.io/ZScreamDungeon/

Also I did see some docx with asm changes of the hack. If you like to make ASM changes I would recommend a tool like asar. This is a injection patcher and you can put your code as you find it in the debugger on the CPU bus. If you are confused about ROM mapping lunar address can calculate some or learn how this wokrs yourself.

Just in case:
Memory mapping is explained here among other things. https://wiki.superfamicom.org/
Or explained in a Video here: https://youtu.be/-U76YvWdnZM

Thanks for the hack

Since you know some opcodes I feel doing it this way will help you to understand things much better. Code changes should be made along with a debugger to see what the changes do step by step.
CV ROM DiscordServer
https://discord.gg/PvFgxRg

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2021, 12:30:48 pm »
@darklink7884
You should edit the OP to include the RHDN project page.

BTW, very well done! Haven't gotten into the game too far, but enjoying it!